Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Kael said:

We do that too much in the regular season to get to the Superbowl to do it there.

Trust me, choking away a Super Bowl is a pain that lasts way, way longer. And this is even when your franchise has won a bunch of them. 

It's like if you're getting ready to propose to the love of your life, and then you have a fight over something trivial that keeps escalating and escalating, until your relationship is suddenly in tatters and you want to crawl into a hole and die. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kirill said:

This kid dated Clark Hunt's daughter in high school. He's got gated community written all over him.

- Steve Young was a direct decendent of Brigham Young - you know, the "B" and "Y" of BYU. So, you know they were sitting on a good chunk of change.

- Peyton Manning? His dad was a starting QB in the NFL. So, gated community was the case here, too.

- Your boy Patty Mahomes? His dad was a MLB P. Not sure if you knew that (in fact, I'm positive you didn't) but he was pretty well off too.

Drew Lock may fail, but it has nothing to do with your "logic". 

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

- Your boy Patty Mahomes? His dad was a MLB P. Not sure if you knew that (in fact, I'm positive you didn't) but he was pretty well off too.

I still can't get over the fact that the best player in the NFL is the kid of a guy with a career ERA of 5.47 and WHIP of almost 1.6.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starless said:

Trust me, choking away a Super Bowl is a pain that lasts way, way longer. And this is even when your franchise has won a bunch of them. 

It's like if you're getting ready to propose to the love of your life, and then you have a fight over something trivial that keeps escalating and escalating, until your relationship is suddenly in tatters and you want to crawl into a hole and die. 

Dude, I’m sorry 😐 

15 minutes ago, Starless said:

This is very true. The better you are, the closer you get, the greater the pain. I watched SB42 w/ a good friend who was a Pats fan...

I know Browns fans hate the Ravens as a spoiled/privileged fanbase, but I also know that Browns fans my age haven't experienced anything like the Lee Evans/Cundiff moments. 

For the Falcons to have not have that one moment of ultimate success to look to AND to have the ultimate defeat is the worst.

Edited by wackywabbit

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

So why does Clowney suck?

I'd imagine we're going to hear the typical Clowney vitriol - he's making plays that don't show up on the stat sheet, or he has to be accounted for which gives others opportunities. Standard Clowney talking points - I know, I've used them myself.

It might very well be the case, too. But, if it IS the case - it means we're watching the future of Jadevion Clowney's career. He'll play on 1-2 year deals, sit as a FA for a while until someone works out another 1-2 year deal, rinse and repeat.

He's not getting that Aaron Donald/Khalil Mack contract he wanted while on the 5th year of his rookie deal. He's not getting the DeMarcus Lawrence deal that he was offered before he was tagged. He's a journeyman - a good one, but that's about it.

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

- Steve Young was a direct decendent of Brigham Young - you know, the "B" and "Y" of BYU. So, you know they were sitting on a good chunk of change.

- Peyton Manning? His dad was a starting QB in the NFL. So, gated community was the case here, too.

Drew Lock may fail, but it has nothing to do with your "logic". 

Those things can be right and I can also be right. And that's okay.