Bears WR Javon Wims suspended 2 games

RaidersAreOne

CGJ will get in anyone's head. That's part of his job. If you can't handle it, you're eliminated, literally or figuratively. 

In this sport, you punch a guy, you get the bench, end of sentence. As far as CGJ goes, and those pushing for him to have a game because he put a finger on a guy, literally a finger on a guy, get a grip. This is a contact sport, and if you let sticks & stones get ya, then you'll be at home watching on Sunday.

Anyway, who won that game?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SWATcha said:

When you absolutely, positively need a WR suspended. Except no substitutes. Call in CGJ.

His nickname (dating back to college) is “The Mouth of the South”

people should know what to expect from him, he’s very annoying 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Not condoning anything Wims did, but after seeing CGJ's Instagram clip last night, I could see why Wims/Thomas did what they did. He's far from a professional. Or a literate. 

He doesn’t get paid for literacy, fortunately for the Saints.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Haven't seen enough of his play. Is he a decent player?

He was last year as a rookie, really solid slot corner... this year he hasn’t been as impressive but the entire secondary hasn’t been as impressive either so it’s hard to say what’s on him and what just the team slumping 

• Like 1

Without really diving into any precedents that have been set, my impression is that 2 games seems pretty fair. Suspending a player for on-field violence is suuuper rare in the NFL, and is a pretty big deal.

What pushes this one into suspension territory wasn't the level of violence. At the end of the day they were two pretty inconsequential slippity-slaps to the helmet. Not kicking, not closed-fist punching directly to the face, to using a weapon, and no injury occurred.

Instead it was the sheer out-of-nowhere-ness of it, coupled with it being pretty much unprovoked. Sure maybe dude said something earlier, but it's not like they were jawing in each others faces at the time. It also wasn't just a continued escalation of violence from what was taking place within gameplay (Myles last year, Andre Johnson and Finnegan like a decade ago). If the two were tangled up from a hard fought play, and started shoving each other harder and harder, and then Wims took a swipe at his helmet, I bet at most he just would've been kicked out of the game, no further suspension.

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Nah.

One of the dumbest things Ive seen on field.

That tweet sums it up well...

He throws a punch, to which the DB just stands there like he didnt even realize it happened.   Then he throws another haymaker which still does next to nothing.   All he accomplished was hurting himself...maybe even moreso if he is a fringe roster guy.

16 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, that was pretty flagrant and I'm surprised it's not more. Imagine if CGJ actually was hurt / knocked out? Not saying Wims could do it, but let's say a DL and a WR got into it, and one got hurt from the situation. It'd be much more severe. 

I expected a 4 game suspension and fine, to prevent others from considering this path. This seems like a relatively low price to pay. Imagine if a team used some special team linebacker to try and take out the opposing receiver who is dominating a game? Well, I guess we don't really have to imagine, just look at the Saints and Bountygate.

Seriously this played out excuse.  It as has been pointed out by multiple players, every team was running a similar type of pool, to include the Vikings.  The Saints were simply used to send a BS message that the NFL was concerned about player safety, which we all know is a lie, after all the concussion BS and were trying to limit the damage to their pocketbooks in lawsuits.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

I expected 1 game for CGJ for his role in instigating (at the very least a fine) and 4 games for Wims. 

He'd be getting off easy. Instead he's going to have to guard Antonio Brown in a pivotal division matchup... Me thinks he's gonna get torched next week, his shtick isn't gonna fly against a receiver of Browns caliber. 

18 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

He'd be getting off easy. Instead he's going to have to guard Antonio Brown in a pivotal division matchup... Me thinks he's gonna get torched next week, his shtick isn't gonna fly against a receiver of Browns caliber. 

The one that's a headcase in his own right?  That Antonio Brown?  I wouldn't be surprised if both got ejected from the game.