Bears WR Javon Wims suspended 2 games

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Did I miss something?

He sucker punched a Saints DB because that DB poked Anthony Miller in the cheek (I’m assuming there was more to it, but you can see CGJ poking Miller earlier in the game, so I’m assuming that played a part... CGJ is a known instigator).

Same Saints DB that Michael Thomas was suspended for punching. He’s apparently quite punchable.

Edit: Wims is saying CGJ spit on him 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Should've been more

Yeah, that was pretty flagrant and I'm surprised it's not more. Imagine if CGJ actually was hurt / knocked out? Not saying Wims could do it, but let's say a DL and a WR got into it, and one got hurt from the situation. It'd be much more severe. 

I expected a 4 game suspension and fine, to prevent others from considering this path. This seems like a relatively low price to pay. Imagine if a team used some special team linebacker to try and take out the opposing receiver who is dominating a game? Well, I guess we don't really have to imagine, just look at the Saints and Bountygate.

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The NFL was fair to give him 2 games.

The Bears should give him the rest of his life.

Well, he isn’t a massive impact and he killed a drive before it started and if you’ve seen the bears offense you should know they need every drive they can get. If he gets cut I won’t lose sleep  

45 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, that was pretty flagrant and I'm surprised it's not more. Imagine if CGJ actually was hurt / knocked out? Not saying Wims could do it, but let's say a DL and a WR got into it, and one got hurt from the situation. It'd be much more severe. 

I expected a 4 game suspension and fine, to prevent others from considering this path. This seems like a relatively low price to pay. Imagine if a team used some special team linebacker to try and take out the opposing receiver who is dominating a game? Well, I guess we don't really have to imagine, just look at the Saints and Bountygate.

Especially with the emphasis on protecting against concussions. Little lady hit him twice in the head. 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not sure, but I feel like this is on the verge of being "Garrett Helmet Hulk Smash" bad. 

Maybe worse. At least with Garrett, he and Rudolph were engaged in confrontation. CGJ was literally just standing there.  How he gets to even play again this season is beyond me.

It’s only because no one was hurt. If someone had any kind of injury, he would be done. 

• Like 1