Week Eight-and-Half Recap: Depleted Packers Bear Decimated 49ers

mikebpackfan

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know why I’m the butthead here.  I’m trying to brace all of you for the playoffs.  I’m trying to protect all of your little hearts.

Thinking most of us and our hearts have been through worse than this. And yes, you often times are a butthead. Carry on!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Packman04 said:

The packers schedule is so soft the rest of the way I would be shocked if they dont win 12+ games . The only 2 games that look really challenging is @colts and home against titans other then that they should win every other game pretty confident that will happen.

Eagles and Bears could be tougher than you think....

32 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I think it’s evident that Rodgers likes and believes in MVS.  It’s very possible MVS can build on this game - and Rodgers belief in him - and have a great career in this league.

MVS missed an easy pass that had AR peeved, but in fairness I think he (MVS) heard footsteps....In the TD pass to the corner, he knew there was safe distance between him and the defender....On the bomb pass, he knew he was alone....As soon as he exorcises his demons, I think he can be fine and move forward....

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

MVS missed an easy pass that had AR peeved, but in fairness I think he (MVS) heard footsteps....In the TD pass to the corner, he knew there was safe distance between him and the defender....On the bomb pass, he knew he was alone....As soon as he exorcises his demons, I think he can be fine and move forward....

I think “moving forward” began in earnest last night.  We’ll see.

9 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

In that pass MVS dropped he was looking away and to where he was going to go instead of looking the ball in first.   I remember years ago Sterling Sharpe said the first thing you have to do is look it in.  When you don't most of the time you don't catch it.

On 11/5/2020 at 11:44 PM, deltarich87 said:

Coaching can only go so far. At some point, you gotta have at least SOME talent out there....Niners had very little on offense

But even with that depleted roster they still had decent players on the D side of the ball and we moved the ball pretty well Thursday night.   

I will say if we couldn't stop that depleted offense - and we did until we had our backups in there late - that would have been really bad.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:56 AM, N4L said:

I had the same thought. Mainly because noodle arm nick mullens looks like a middle school kid on the high school varsity team sometimes. The baby face isnt helping either lol  

Thats what happens when the niners dont have: Starting QB, LT, 3 Centers (4th center is our RG, who is also our backup LT, so that means we had our backup RGs play (plural) and then had no one to put at LT when skule was getting skuled), 3 top RBs, 3 best WRs, and George Kittle. I mean, thats friggen 12 guys missing on offense. Not to mention Bosa, Sherman... Not trying to take anything away from the game, because that was a beat down. You guys came out firing and had the lead from the first drive, so from a mental standpoint I think that means something to your team. 

Congrats on the win fellas! Looks like we wont meet again until 2022, which would be in Lambeau. Maybe I'll make the pilgrimage 

He really looked like Trubisky at times out there.  lol

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Agreed. For some reason everybody wants to keep talking the Bears down or taking them lightly. Sure - they've got some serious OL problems. How solvable....I've no clue. Foles can be erratic - but - give him some time....they've got some decent players on offense and D.

Hopefully TN takes them down another notch and gives us a two game spread. Then when we play (and beat) them.....we can consider them out of our hair and a bottom feeder playoff team at best.

The Bears' D is very good but their offense is offensive.  After a while that D is run down because their O is dysfunctional.

20 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Since we’re through 8 games, what’s a successful rest of season outlook for MVS? He’s on pace for 600+ yards and 6 TDs. 

I am less focused on his stats and more focused on his consistency.  If MVS can get past the drops, he'll be a more than serviceable WR3.  This season would look much different for him had he caught the ball rather than having multiple drive killing drops.  Making things worse, several of those drops had MVS wide open on short throws with a lot of room for RAC.  It has definitely (and understandably) affected how often Rodgers looks to MVS on his reads.  While MVS has flashed in several games over the past couple years, he can't seem to show up on a consistent basis.  Hopefully the two TD's this week are some kind of turning point with him and Rodgers.

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know why I’m the butthead here.  I’m trying to brace all of you for the playoffs.  I’m trying to protect all of your little hearts.

You're complaining for the sake of complaining.  You sound like my wife.  (sorry Pugger)