Do the 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers go 16-0?

Asciimo

16-0?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do they go 16-0?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Smith is absolutely not, coming in at week 10, the comeback player of the year, im sorry, I respect that he has been through hell and its great that he is back but...he isn't in any way, a game changing factor for the Washington Football team, with him, they still lost.

Ben Roethlisberger was lost for the entire season last year, as a result we finished without of a playoff berth. This year, with him, relatively healthy, he is playing well and we are 9-0.

The comeback player of the year at this point, is unquestionably and undebateably Ben Roethlisberger 

you werent a playoff team last year because you had absolute trash for back up QBs. If the steelers had a some what decent back up QB last year they make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

you werent a playoff team last year because you had absolute trash for back up QBs. If the steelers had a some what decent back up QB last year they make the playoffs.

Okay, sure you phrased that to fit your narrative but not very many teams around the league actually have back up QBs that are playoff capable.

So what you just said, is exactly what I said, we lost our starting QB and our season suffered as a result. We get him back and thus far are undefeated. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay, sure you phrased that to fit your narrative but not very many teams around the league actually have back up QBs that are playoff capable.

So what you just said, is exactly what I said, we lost our starting QB and our season suffered as a result. We get him back and thus far are undefeated. 

Steelers last year didnt need this playoff capable QB. With that defense last year, they just needed a decent game manager.

Steelers were still in the playoff race last year, just needed an avg QB. to help that defense out. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Steelers last year didnt need this playoff capable QB. With that defense last year, they just needed a decent game manager.

Steelers were still in the playoff race last year, just needed an avg QB. to help that defense out. 

Maybe, that's arguable. But what's not arguable is Ben's impact on the offense this season. Many of our wins last year, as you suggested, were as a result of the defense. The offense was horrendous.

The offense is actually good this year. It obviously has room for improvement but when it's firing on all cylinders we are a 30+ pt avg scoring team.

Last year, on all cylinders, we struggled to hit 17.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:14 PM, buno67 said:

Absolutely not.  

You couldn't have just stuck any random QB who was slightly better than Rudolph/Hodges in there and we make the playoffs. 

Ben being back is the legit reason why we're the best team in the league.  

What terrifies me is how Tomlin and the staff have no backup plan in place for when Ben retires. 

40 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

You couldn't have just stuck any random QB who was slightly better than Rudolph/Hodges in there and we make the playoffs.

A slightly better of those guys would be slightly better trash. I said a decent game manager. 

office space boss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Hello Steelers, what's happening? Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead lose two games this season. So if you could lose to the Ravens this Thursday that would be great, mmmk... oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and lose to the Bills too, kay. We ahh lost a game to the Raiders earlier this season and ah, we sorta need to play catch up.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

office space boss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Hello Steelers, what's happening? Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead lose two games this season. So if you could lose to the Ravens this Thursday that would be great, mmmk... oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and lose to the Bills too, kay. We ahh lost a game to the Raiders earlier this season and ah, we sorta need to play catch up.

that's mighty confident considering the schedule... raiders again, bucs, saints, surging fins. steelers' got that #1 seed locked up virtually.

• 2 weeks later...