Jump to content
Asciimo

Do the 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers go 16-0?

16-0?  

84 members have voted

  1. 1. Do they go 16-0?

    • Yes
      9
    • No
      75


Recommended Posts

What's left:

@ Jacksonville

vs Baltimore

vs Washington

@ Buffalo

@ Cincinnati

vs Indianapolis 

@ Cleveland

 

I see 3 potential losses, Baltimore, Buffalo, Indy. Baltimore looked bad tonight (albeit in a monsoon). Buffalo has not looked great as of late. Indy is a wildcard. 

I think there's a good chance they go 16-0 if they do not bench starters vs Indy or @ Cleveland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say 20% chance. I'll take it seriously if/after they beat Baltimore, because I don't have that particular matchup as far from a toss-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another interesting factor is that Jacksonville always beats the Steelers. Also, it's kind of a trap game before Baltimore. Damn, I'd almost bet money on Jax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's going to be a no from me, dawg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

What's left:

@ Jacksonville

vs Baltimore

vs Washington

@ Buffalo

@ Cincinnati

vs Indianapolis 

@ Cleveland

 

I see 3 potential losses, Baltimore, Buffalo, Indy. Baltimore looked bad tonight (albeit in a monsoon). Buffalo has not looked great as of late. Indy is a wildcard. 

I think there's a good chance they go 16-0 if they do not bench starters vs Indy or @ Cleveland. 

@Jax, Was at home, @Cincy, and @CLE are all as much of a potential loss as any other team on this list. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

Another interesting factor is that Jacksonville always beats the Steelers. Also, it's kind of a trap game before Baltimore. Damn, I'd almost bet money on Jax.

No such thing as a "trap game" with the Steelers. More often than not they will lose or come close to losing games they should clearly win.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No such thing as a "trap game" with the Steelers. More often than not they will lose or come close to losing games they should clearly win.

Yeah, they are at risk of loosing the undefeated status at any week. It is extremely hard to go 16-0, even the very dominant 2007 Pats were quite close to loosing multiple games on the second half of the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were 9-0 and blowing out teams then I might entertain it (but still surely bet against a 7-0 finish), but we've seen them barley escape 3 or 4 games, including against bad opponents. So unless they turn into a juggernaut down the stretch and avoid close games, they're bound to fall in a close one. Especially with 4 likely playoff teams on there (Ravens, Bills, Colts, Browns).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could, but too many examples of 1 score games and playing down to opposition gives me pause ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playoffs with the 16-0 Steelers would be super intriguing 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they lose Baltimore, Indy, or Buffalo are the likely teams it happens against.

I think they go 15-1, only losing to Indy, i just have a feeling.  I don't see them dropping a game to Cleveland or any of the cupcake squads. Yes, any given Sunday, but they're not playing down to ppl like they have in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...