2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Quick sidenote, what's the word with Jonnu? You guys going to pay him?

It's hard to say.  Him, Jayon Brown, Corey Davis, and a bunch of others are all free agents after this season, and they absolutely don't have the cash for everyone.  I have no clue who they'll keep and who they won't.

Smith is probably high priority, but who knows?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If there's legit 8-9 openings that man is getting hired for sure imo.

There's 3 now with Falcons, Lions, Texans, so you'd need 6 more to hit. Between that we've all mentioned some obvious ones in Gase, Marrone and Lynn. Probably have to add Pederson and Nagy as guys that can't be safe. McCarthy seems okay to stay as they've said, but who knows? Absolute WC would be Zimmer maybe. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's hard to say.  Him, Jayon Brown, Corey Davis, and a bunch of others are all free agents after this season, and they absolutely don't have the cash for everyone.  I have no clue who they'll keep and who they won't.

Smith is probably high priority, but who knows?

Feel like a v good TE is hard to find/takes a while to develop so I would think he would be. If he isn't gotta imagine there will be a few teams ready to open the checkbook.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

There's 3 now with Falcons, Lions, Texans, so you'd need 6 more to hit. Between that we've all mentioned some obvious ones in Gase, Marrone and Lynn. Probably have to add Pederson and Nagy as guys that can't be safe. McCarthy seems okay to stay as they've said, but who knows? Absolute WC would be Zimmer maybe. 

Falcons, Lions, Texans, Jaguars, Chargers, Jets, Bears for sure imo. Then yeah, couple potential wildcards.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I'm with you on the 2nd one. The first one is like 99.9999% to me. But I'll be damned if I didn't say the same thing last year too 

Bienemy is the hottest name this year. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up as head coach in Houston or Atlanta.

21 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Leslie Frazier is a fine man and a good assistant. He's not HC material
I just got through reading about Aaron Glenn, former CB and Parcells/Sean Payton protege.
Super impressive and you can't just dismiss all of the young ascending candidates because of past history. Too limiting.

"Aaron Glenn was one of Parcells’ “made guys,”
a select group that includes Sean Payton, Mike Zimmer, Romeo Crennel, Todd Bowles, Al Groh, Jeff Ireland and Brian Gaine."

“I will tell you unequivocally, Aaron tries to prepare himself for all the options,” Parcells says. “He wants to know everything.”
It’s one of the reasons Parcells and Payton believe Glenn will soon be a head coach in the NFL."

I admired Aaron Glenn as a player and a leader. I would be thrilled to see him get a head coaching opportunity.

16 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Bienemy is the hottest name this year. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up as head coach in Houston or Atlanta.

All indications are he's bigger in the media and fans eyes than around the league, likely due to off field stuff as has been mentioned.

I think he gets hired but not sure it's sure fired. Saleh is the only guy I'd put in that category.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

All indications are he's bigger in the media and fans eyes than around the league, likely due to off field stuff as has been mentioned.

I think he gets hired but not sure it's sure fired. Saleh is the only guy I'd put in that category.

Supposedly he doesn't interview well either.

• Like 1