2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

46 minutes ago, Xenos said:

His time with the Vikings makes me wary. And I give McDermott more credit for that defense.

Yeah I don’t remember much about his stint there. I feel like his biggest issue in Minnesota from what I remember was the QB position was putrid. That wouldn’t be the case in LA for him. 

It’s definitely McDermotts scheme but Frazier calls the plays and is a heck of secondary coach to boot. I definitely don’t want to lose him but I could him being a dark horse for some team. 

27 minutes ago, Starless said:

BOB and McDaniels aren't the same, but they're similar enough that I doubt the Texans would pursue him. 

Yup. The difference is that BOB was smart enough to not go full Belichick his first few years there.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

His time with the Vikings makes me wary. And I give McDermott more credit for that defense.

Leslie Frazier is a fine man and a good assistant. He's not HC material
I just got through reading about Aaron Glenn, former CB and Parcells/Sean Payton protege.
Super impressive and you can't just dismiss all of the young ascending candidates because of past history. Too limiting.

"Aaron Glenn was one of Parcells’ “made guys,”
a select group that includes Sean Payton, Mike Zimmer, Romeo Crennel, Todd Bowles, Al Groh, Jeff Ireland and Brian Gaine."

“I will tell you unequivocally, Aaron tries to prepare himself for all the options,” Parcells says. “He wants to know everything.”
It’s one of the reasons Parcells and Payton believe Glenn will soon be a head coach in the NFL."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Leslie Frazier is a fine man and a good assistant. He's not HC material
I just got through reading about Aaron Glenn, former CB and Parcells/Sean Payton protege.
Super impressive and you can't just dismiss all of the young ascending candidates because of past history. Too limiting.

"Aaron Glenn was one of Parcells’ “made guys,”
a select group that includes Sean Payton, Mike Zimmer, Romeo Crennel, Todd Bowles, Al Groh, Jeff Ireland and Brian Gaine."

“I will tell you unequivocally, Aaron tries to prepare himself for all the options,” Parcells says. “He wants to know everything.”
It’s one of the reasons Parcells and Payton believe Glenn will soon be a head coach in the NFL."

I don’t want to either because we end up missing on guys like McVay and Shanahan. But we also have had rotten luck with any first timer.

37 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I don’t want to either because we end up missing on guys like McVay and Shanahan. But we also have had rotten luck with any first timer.

At the end of the day, your past failures don't guarantee future failures. Might as well hire the best guy for the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

When’s the last time a Steelers assistant became a HC? Seems weird they’ve been so good for so long and especially this year and still no talk of their assistants as HC candidates 

Mike Mularkey in 2004 to Buffalo is the one I thought of off the top of my head. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Still think that he's destined for Houston.

threaten talladega nights GIF

McDaniels is roughly translated to "Jack Son Vil" in certain places up north, so it's basically destiny.

Get ready for Ryan Mallett and trading that #2 for James White and Rex Burkhead...

• Like 1