Jump to content

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread


X_Factor_40
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Lions placed RG T.J. Lang (neck) on injured reserve.

The Lions promoted CB Mike Ford from the practice squad in the corresponding roster move. It's been an injury-plagued year for Lang, who has dealt with back and neck injuries as well as a concussion. Kenny Wiggins will play out the stretch at right guard for Detroit. Assuming the Lions bring him back for 2019, Lang will earn $8.25 million in the final year of his contract.
 

Letting Warford walk in favor of bringing in Lang was one of BQ's bigger blunders imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lang's the man. Honestly, but gosh dang-it the injuries got to him. Bad signing yes, bad dude, no way, if healthy he'd of been really good for us but if I wasn't born with female parts i'd of been a girl... Saddens me that it went this way with Lang but Lions have to replace him and Wiggins really isn't the guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

how Detroit Lions would it be for us to go on a winning streak and have a draft pick in the late teens not in the top 12.  we need to fix our D we have been so bad this year as a whole.  Damon Harrison has been good trade for us

Seems like they always do this

He better just go after who they want imo. Gotta get in the top ten. atleast I would..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Lang's the man. Honestly, but gosh dang-it the injuries got to him. Bad signing yes, bad dude, no way, if healthy he'd of been really good for us but if I wasn't born with female parts i'd of been a girl... Saddens me that it went this way with Lang but Lions have to replace him and Wiggins really isn't the guy. 

I have no idea what the "if I wasn't born with female parts I'd of been a girl" means... but agree with everything else. Lang seems like a great dude but he was probably signed about 2 years too late. I haven't been able to watch too many games - how has Wagner been? You could see that Reiff really enjoyed that beat down on us. Can't say that I can blame him in a way. Ebron has been the absolute biggest head scratcher for me lately. The guy would run the wrong routes and drop balls all of the time. Then he goes to Indy and is suddenly Tony Gonzalez. Not sure what that says about Ebron and more importantly what it says about the Lions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, Karnage84 said:

I have no idea what the "if I wasn't born with female parts I'd of been a girl" means... but agree with everything else. Lang seems like a great dude but he was probably signed about 2 years too late. I haven't been able to watch too many games - how has Wagner been? You could see that Reiff really enjoyed that beat down on us. Can't say that I can blame him in a way. Ebron has been the absolute biggest head scratcher for me lately. The guy would run the wrong routes and drop balls all of the time. Then he goes to Indy and is suddenly Tony Gonzalez. Not sure what that says about Ebron and more importantly what it says about the Lions.

AHAHAHAHAHA Whooops might have missed typed. *If I was born with*

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listening to Matt Patricia speak makes me want to punch Bob Quinn in the face. What were you thinking hiring this guy, he has zero self awareness or social skills, ugh. Oh, and ridiculously thin skin.

Edited by cp0k2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cp0k2 said:

Listening to Matt Patricia speak makes me want to punch Bob Quinn in the face. What were you thinking hiring this guy, he has zero self awareness or social skills, ugh. Oh, and ridiculously thin skin.

Recently I've only read quotes from press conferences, but I came away with the same impression. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Two more years of watching the Belicheck coaching tree before the next flavour of the month.

What is there that can be said about the Lions that hasn’t been said before?

I think literally the only thing up for debate is who is the worst franchise in the NFL/sports the Lions/Browns/Coyotes/Magic/Kings/NYK/SDP/Miami Marlins... Idk prolly toss a couple more names but wow bad company... bad bad company. 

I think we can go that far. I mean really I'm almost to the point as long as this ownership is in-tacked they'll never, ever, ever get enough of the right people here at the same time, player, coach, and front office wise to get the Lions anywhere. They've ruined generational talent, and good players that have been drafted likely rotted here just cause of a factor of all three things I mentioned above. 

I really should stop posting even lol, I mean I like talking football but truly it's a waste of time, if it wasn't a leisure activity while I'm checking email, fantasy football, surfing amazon/facebook, whatever, I doubt i'd be around. I used to do mocks and stuff but to be honest I don't even care about that, except the draft, until a whole know regime is in. But as far as who the Lions sign, what they do, who they draft where? Doesn't matter cause they'll blow it. 

I don't blame Lions fans that used to post and have left the site because... yeah. 

Edited by SimbaWho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I think literally the only thing up for debate is who is the worst franchise in the NFL/sports the Lions/Browns/Coyotes/Magic/Kings/NYK/SDP/Miami Marlins... Idk prolly toss a couple more names but wow bad company... bad bad company. 

I think we can go that far. I mean really I'm almost to the point as long as this ownership is in-tacked they'll never, ever, ever get enough of the right people here at the same time, player, coach, and front office wise to get the Lions anywhere. They've ruined generational talent, and good players that have been drafted likely rotted here just cause of a factor of all three things I mentioned above. 

I really should stop posting even lol, I mean I like talking football but truly it's a waste of time, if it wasn't a leisure activity while I'm checking email, fantasy football, surfing amazon/facebook, whatever, I doubt i'd be around. I used to do mocks and stuff but to be honest I don't even care about that, except the draft, until a whole know regime is in. But as far as who the Lions sign, what they do, who they draft where? Doesn't matter cause they'll blow it. 

I don't blame Lions fans that used to post and have left the site because... yeah. 

They’ve certainly done everything you mentioned and then some.

While the Marlins are a franchise that does thing differently at least they’ve been successful in recent memory.

For me it’s between the Lions, Browns, and Clippers. 

I didn’t think it would ever happen but I’m actually losing interest in football. Every Sunday I watch or attend a game and the losing is just to much. Losses are one thing but most teams manage to find success at some point. There simply isn’t anything positive about this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2018 at 4:06 PM, cp0k2 said:

Listening to Matt Patricia speak makes me want to punch Bob Quinn in the face. What were you thinking hiring this guy, he has zero self awareness or social skills, ugh. Oh, and ridiculously thin skin.

He has no idea how to handle the media. They're pretty confrontational and tough on him, sure, but that doesn't mean that he needs to be an *******. 

I'm about done with Quinn and Patricia both. I don't have any confidence in what they are doing. It's time for Quinn to start getting results, which is especially laughable when you consider what 's happening this year. He made it clear that Caldwell and going 9-7 wasn't good enough, and now we are in the dumpster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

He has no idea how to handle the media. They're pretty confrontational and tough on him, sure, but that doesn't mean that he needs to be an *******. 

I'm about done with Quinn and Patricia both. I don't have any confidence in what they are doing. It's time for Quinn to start getting results, which is especially laughable when you consider what 's happening this year. He made it clear that Caldwell and going 9-7 wasn't good enough, and now we are in the dumpster. 

My exact feelings. He couldn’t have just said we are changing coaches. Nope, he made it clear he thought the team was better than 9-7.

Ooops, I guess he missed on that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...