The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

19 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

So does Bagley Jr. improve the Pistons? Was it a good trade?

The quick easy answers are not really and it was an ok trade.  Bagley had top pick pedigree and hasn't panned out in Sac but has flashed enough to take a flier on.  We needed depth down low so it helps in that aspect but its not going to make us a playoff team or even close to it IMO.  If Bagley has a good run we will likely resign him, which having his bird rights from the trade helps the cap hit on that, but other than that I am not sure this really does much other than continuing to try adding talent and seeing if it develops here sort of like we did with Rip and Chauncey.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

So does Bagley Jr. improve the Pistons? Was it a good trade?

Trey Lyles and Josh Jackson were not long term fixtures here. Moving them for Marvin Bagley III was a slam dunk. Bagley is still only 22 yrs old. Same age as Bey and Saben and only 2 years older than Cade. He fits the window better. He's the inside presence we hoped Stewart would be. And we are not tied to him long term. He'll be a RFA meaning we have first dibs if it works out, and if not, we turned Jacksons $3M expiring into a $11+M expiring for Bagley. There truly was no downside to this move by Weaver. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-acquiring-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-in-trade-for-multiple-first-round-p

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33454258/sources-seattle-seahawks-trade-qb-russell-wilson-denver-broncos

The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick to the Seahawks for Wilson and a fourth-round pick, sources said.

Big deal.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

That’s a lot to give up but they really needed to find a QB solution. 

It will be interesting to watch Seattles draft.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

That’s a lot to give up but they really needed to find a QB solution. 

It will be interesting to watch Seattles draft.

Seattle is definitely in play to take Pickett or Willis. Wouldn't surprise me to see both of those guys go Top 10 now, with teams trading up to get one if they like them. By the time we get to pick 32 I'd expect all of Willis/Pickett/Corral to be gone. 

That being said, it also wouldn't surprise me if Seattle just plans on sucking this year at QB and taking a guy next year...which isn't great for us. If we want to wait until next year to draft a QB then we really need to hope that a bunch of other teams don't plan on doing the same thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Seattle is definitely in play to take Pickett or Willis. Wouldn't surprise me to see both of those guys go Top 10 now, with teams trading up to get one if they like them. By the time we get to pick 32 I'd expect all of Willis/Pickett/Corral to be gone. 

That being said, it also wouldn't surprise me if Seattle just plans on sucking this year at QB and taking a guy next year...which isn't great for us. If we want to wait until next year to draft a QB then we really need to hope that a bunch of other teams don't plan on doing the same thing. 

The more teams covet guys like Willis, Pickett, Corall, Davis, Walker, etc it moves good players down to us at #32. I'm all for it!!

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

The thing with the NFL is there’s always surprises. 

Deshaun Watson Has Been Cleared Of Any Criminal Charges

The Houston Texans quarterback was not indicted after a grand jury heard the sexual assault accusations made against him by a female massage therapists, which is a huge legal victory for Watson and allows him to get traded and get back on the football field.

Could make some interesting waves with a seemingly week QB draft class. 

On 2/11/2022 at 2:01 PM, Louis Friend said:

Trey Lyles and Josh Jackson were not long term fixtures here. Moving them for Marvin Bagley III was a slam dunk. Bagley is still only 22 yrs old. Same age as Bey and Saben and only 2 years older than Cade. He fits the window better. He's the inside presence we hoped Stewart would be. And we are not tied to him long term. He'll be a RFA meaning we have first dibs if it works out, and if not, we turned Jacksons $3M expiring into a $11+M expiring for Bagley. There truly was no downside to this move by Weaver. 

Pistons have to give him a qualifying offer first of 16 million or so. If we don't give him a qualifier he becomes a UFA. If Pistons offer the qualifier Bagley is a RFA till he signs the Pistons 1 year offer, he has the ability to try and sign somewhere else as a RFA with Pistons having the right to match.

I'm with SLIM. Not a bad move, in the grand-scheme, prolly means nothing much but wasn't a bad move. Trying to find players in rough dirt is all. He looks good off the bench here though thats not really a 16 million dollar player.

Pistons have BIG time cap this year. There are teams with good players in rough situations, especially in-terms of resigning. Not saying ownership/Pistons will go spend but I am keeping my eyes on a few really good young fellas. 

DeAndre Ayton, C.

Anfernee Simmons, SG.

An then idk, in the NBA someone will get upset and want a trade. IDK if Pistons would be a spot to land for anyone but They've got the resources. 

*EDIT IT's a 14.7 million dollar qualifying offer, not 16 million.

Edited by SimbaWho

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/detroit-pistons/cap/2022/

Possibly 50 million in cap space! With a top 5 pick lock basically and in the running for 1st OA!

Could be a cool year for the off-season. I've actually gone to two Pistons games this year! One game was for a grand total of 23$ including parking and ticket fee's! (Beverages/Food not included.) Which... they serve wood-ford reserve at LCA for anyone that likes to partake. 😄

Cade Cunningham looks like a player you can build around. Need about two more players like him or better though honestly. Also Saben Lee. He's great off the bench and needs to be up full time! He's a head-scratches to me. Maybe he'll be up full time next year and get a good rhythm with the team.

Edited by SimbaWho