Weak 12: DK dunks on Philly

EaglesPeteC

I’m giving reagor a break, he was open a couple of times just didn’t find him. He needs to be put in a better position. He should be running crossers, posts, double moves. We just can’t block for those routes to develop. I think Wentz is rattled, I look back to the first half of the redskins game where he looked the best he ever has. Great throws right on the money, then kept getting hit over and over and he lost faith in his OLINE. He’s hesitant and he doesn’t trust his wideouts, there’s so many instances of miscommunications that make the throw seem so much worse. That was a beautiful ball to reagor but reagor CANT wait for it to fall in his basket, go up and get it like we saw in college. I’m tanking this season and getting Parsons or Chase. Two game changers. Doug is the problem, his offense is proven and will come back. He’s still a great head coach, Sean payton went through tough years, he prospered. So did Reid. This is a Howie problem, as much as I loved Howie. But he has a serious problem with talent evaluation, which is why Chip didn’t like him. I give credit to chip for lane and Ertz. I don’t think Howie has ever drafted the guy I wanted at a pick, he just has a weird taste for players. He’s behind the curve. He was drafting limited athletic players, when the league was going athletic. Derek Barnett was the pick I hated the most. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Legit feel he's even worse then Doug when it comes to adjusting or adapting to game flow. Which speaks volumes.

I feel like their philosophy is to not make hard turn adjustments because they want the "players to play with confidence"

Tweaks are good (rotate, shade a safety in certain looks, situations) but him saying hey we're going to double this guy actually says hey you aren't that good. 

Well at least the DL looked good last night. Barnett had some good plays like getting blocked by DK into the OL thus blowing up the play. We heard Javon Hargrave's name in a positive light and honestly, I did not mind at all that Malik Jackson hit DK after DK took a cheap shot on Slay. Eye for an eye. We ended up stalling their drive anyways.

Edited by oland11

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

Well at least the DL looked good last night. Barnett had some good plays like getting blocked by DK into the OL thus blowing up the play. We heard Javon Hargrave's name in a positive light and honestly, I did not mind at all that Malik Jackson hit DK after DK took a cheap shot on Slay. Eye for an eye. We ended up stalling their drive anyways.

I enjoyed the Jackson hit as well. I like seeing someone have their teammates back even if it's boneheaded. If it was the fourth quarter I can see it being an issue but first quarter I'm good with it

9 hours ago, Hammertime52 said:

Fire everyone including Howie, but keep Carson. Thats the hill ill die on, the opposite will probably be done though. Also threw $100 on Seahawks moneyline and I gotta say rooting against us isnt too bad lmao

If they can't trade Wentz before the 3rd day in the new league year and only get hit with -34 million vs the years and years off terribleness with him and the contract. 

Then I'm cool with keeping him with a new coach but that coach has to be worthy. That contract is really really bad going forwarded our best out is once the new year starts . We got 3 days to work some magic. They might have to keep Howie to pull that move off. 

On 12/2/2020 at 9:02 AM, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If they can't trade Wentz before the 3rd day in the new league year and only get hit with -34 million vs the years and years off terribleness with him and the contract. 

Then I'm cool with keeping him with a new coach but that coach has to be worthy. That contract is really really bad going forwarded our best out is once the new year starts . We got 3 days to work some magic. They might have to keep Howie to pull that move off. 

This is very true. Plus I still feel Wentz can turn it around. He has shown he can lead the team down the field and make the big throws. He deserves a slice of the crap pie that is the 2020 season but nowhere as much as some analysists are throwing at him. Now he just needs WRs that can catch and coaches that know what they are doing. It feels like this team is always hurt (med staff) and too talented (coaching staff being idiots) to be 3-7-1. 

Go Birds

MC

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

This is very true. Plus I still feel Wentz can turn it around. He has shown he can lead the team down the field and make the big throws. He deserves a slice of the crap pie that is the 2020 season but nowhere as much as some analysists are throwing at him. Now he just needs WRs that can catch and coaches that know what they are doing. It feels like this team is always hurt (med staff) and too talented (coaching staff being idiots) to be 3-7-1. 

Go Birds

MC

I agree with all of that. Would love to see a HEATHY version of this team plus next year's rookies with a Better Staff. If we got the right coach and came away with an impact player or two from the draft.. I don't think the turnaround would be years

• Like 1