Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

If they DO decide to forfeit the game, will the Steelers fan admit/concede to how they are the luckiest team in the NFL for being the only team to get a free win against a tough opponent and essentially getting a 2nd bye week?

We don't know what will happen yet

Just asking for a friend ahead of time - just in case

Steelers would likely stomp the Ravens anyways, and we already lost our bye week this year so that aspect would just be fair. It will put an Asterisk next to their season and make 1st seed fight complicated and possibly unfair but that's all on the NFL.

20 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...I’m not particularly interested in excuses. Your job is to be a professional. If your job is for a few months to not catch COVID and spread it to members of your organization...then that is what you are suppose to do. You don’t put yourself in the position to get it. And you use pretty common precautions to not spread it. And it is very possible...as healthcare workers have been doing it since February. And the mass majority of NFL teams are doing it. Be a professional. 

Agreed, The only reason people get it is because they are irresponsible, or in a position where they can not avoid risks. The NFL and it's teams have the money and resources to eliminate the second aspect. These people can have their kids home schooled, they can have any outside needs delivered and sanitized. They can and should walk around assuming every surface that they haven't seen cleaned is covered in the virus.

Not to jinx myself but I've been teaching in school in TX for the past couple months in rooms full of 15 kids and I haven't caught it. This coach from MD, a state with much better control over the virus than mine, and who likely makes triple my salary, has no excuse for catching it.

12 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Steelers would likely stomp the Ravens anyways, and we already lost our bye week this year so that aspect would just be fair. It will put an Asterisk next to their season and make 1st seed fight complicated and possibly unfair but that's all on the NFL.

Ya'll barely beat the Cowboys and think it's a forgone conclusion you'd beat the Ravens a second time? After the Ravens outgained you by 230 yards in the earlier meeting? After Ravens/Steelers have been close for the past 15 years regardless of record? 

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Agreed, The only reason people get it is because they are irresponsible, or in a position where they can not avoid risks. The NFL and it's teams have the money and resources to eliminate the second aspect. These people can have their kids home schooled, they can have any outside needs delivered and sanitized. They can and should walk around assuming every surface that they haven't seen cleaned is covered in the virus.

Not to jinx myself but I've been teaching in school in TX for the past couple months in rooms full of 15 kids and I haven't caught it. This coach from MD, a state with much better control over the virus than mine, and who likely makes triple my salary, has no excuse for catching it.

Yeah it isn't that simple. My wife was a germaphobe before this and as diligent as anyone to avoid it (one DR. visit since March and otherwise just work wearing a mask or home) and she got it. I was in close contact with her for the last two weeks+ (we eventually isolated somewhat but I still took care of her) and I tested negative a week ago and still have no symptoms. Not everyone in her office wore a mask but after she tested positive they all got tested and tested negative.

In general you are correct, take precautions and you're less likely to get it. That isn't a certainty though. Some careless people won't get it and some people will do everything in their power to avoid it and still get it.

We can't say A was infected so A did something wrong and vice/versa.

• Like 2

Tomlin cancelled Steelers practice today, so he seems to be of the mind that the gay is going to be delayed again.

Rumor on another Steelers site has it being moved to Tuesday and supposedly all Thursday games being moved to Sundays. Not just Ravens Cowboys. Have a hard time seeing that.

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ya'll barely beat the Cowboys and think it's a forgone conclusion you'd beat the Ravens a second time? After the Ravens outgained you by 230 yards in the earlier meeting? After Ravens/Steelers have been close for the past 15 years regardless of record? 

I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers ended up losing 4 games this year so I agree with ya. I wouldn't be shocked if they went undefeated either but they aren't some juggernaut

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers ended up losing 4 games this year so I agree with ya. I wouldn't be shocked if they went undefeated either but they aren't some juggernaut

I'd be shocked if one of those games was to the Browns.*

*Barring a Mason Rudolph appearance

Edited by CKSteeler