Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

Yup. Predicted Lamar would test positive. I don’t think the NFL wants to extend the season so I think this is a forfeit. Players already agreed to potentially losing games for additional playoff games anyway. So while I’m sure they’ll be upset, I’m sure the NFL will simply use that as reason to levy a historic fine against the Ravens organization... and it’ll be deserved. I just don’t know how you allow the employee to get away with it. Like there’s too many questions. Did players know and not report his actions? Did the security for the building know and just let him through. This has to be more than just one guy being non-compliant. Otherwise how were they able to figure out that he wasn’t wearing his tracking device, but didn’t know ahead of time? Are they not tracking that information all the time? Or are the only checking that information retroactively and not proactively?

I don’t know enough about how the building operates, but I just don’t understand how he was ALLOWED to be this negligent in the first place. I wouldn’t be surprised if all told this punishment rivals spygate and bountygate... especially if a forfeit is included in the end result.

Edited by diamondbull424
Meant to say “levy” as opposed to leave.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Are they not tracking that information all the time? Or are the only checking that information retroactively and not proactively?

gotta believe retro. That is thousands of people. The man power to track all of them would be insane. 

Found some context:

The 32 NFL teams employ on average 3,739 people each, including players, concession workers and office staff.

https://www.workplacefairness.org/blog/2010/12/03/nfl-lockout-could-cost-160-million-115000-jobs/#:~:text=The 32 NFL teams employ,concession workers and office staff.

• Like 1

I'm 100% against a forfeit for any team against any team. Even if it was a Jets/Jaguars matchup. It has a snowball effect on future events and creates unfair advantages/disadvantages out of the control of those teams. Sure, someone for the Ravens supposedly failed to act responsibly and maybe more improper actions followed but it will set a precedent in the future and there shouldn't be forfeits in the NFL. In my opinion anyway.

You also can't have a double standard, if this happens again leading up to the SB with the same misconduct you have to use the same protocol and forfeit the game which would never happen so I don't think you can do it now.

Fine em and figure out how to play the game at some point. If you want to punish the Ravens make the current positive players sit for the game when they eventually play it.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm 100% against a forfeit for any team against any team. Even if it was a Jets/Jaguars matchup. It has a snowball effect on future events and creates unfair advantages/disadvantages out of the control of those teams. Sure, someone for the Ravens supposedly failed to act responsibly and maybe more improper actions followed but it will set a precedent in the future and there shouldn't be forfeits in the NFL. In my opinion anyway.

You also can't have a double standard, if this happens again leading up to the SB with the same misconduct you have to use the same protocol and forfeit the game which would never happen so I don't think you can do it now.

Fine em and figure out how to play the game at some point. If you want to punish the Ravens make the current positive players sit for the game when they eventually play it.

So if they don't play this week, when do they eventually play it? Do you create a week 18 where only those two teams play, giving everyone else an extra bye week before the playoffs? Do you cram four games in a two week span? Sunday + Thursday + Tuesday + Sunday? This would adjust the schedule for multiple teams. It also penalizes the Steelers for the Ravens mistakes.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Just FF this game. We deserve the L given how stupid this staff is. Just unacceptable on every level and I hope Saunders is fired.

I know it seems like it must be a multi-level F up, but if this guy came to work sick, by the time someone noticed, even if he only spent like 30 minutes or more in the building the damage was already done. There is a reason this is a pandemic, it takes so incredibly little to cause an outbreak.

• Like 3

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I know it seems like it must be a multi-level F up, but if this guy came to work sick, by the time someone noticed, even if he only spent like 30 minutes or more in the building the damage was already done. There is a reason this is a pandemic, it takes so incredibly little to cause an outbreak.

I'm going to use this example from here until the end of time of how quickly this thing can spread.

Here you have billion dollar industry (NFL) with billion dollar teams all funding the highest levels of tracking + protocols + technology to prevent teams from contracting it, and all it takes is ONE idiot to just decide he's not going to take it seriously and he can derail everything and infect nearly an entire team.

And people still think it's okay to gather right now. Just unbelievable to me, quite frankly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

So if they don't play this week, when do they eventually play it? Do you create a week 18 where only those two teams play, giving everyone else an extra bye week before the playoffs? Do you cram four games in a two week span? Sunday + Thursday + Tuesday + Sunday? This would adjust the schedule for multiple teams. It also penalizes the Steelers for the Ravens mistakes.

Well I said they figure it out, not me. Above my pay grade. 

If the game is meaningless for both teams then the Ravens could take a knee in week 18 and forfeit the game by their own choice. Or even take the trip and play a game of kneel downs if the game needs played for salary purposes.

I don’t think that you can force the Patriots to play without Cam Newton while postponing the Ravens game to accommodate Jackson...especially considering that the Ravens (or their personnel broke protocol). If they can play in spite of the handful of positives...you make them play. This is the reason they expanded the practice squad. If there are concerns about continued exposure...they forfeit. People aren’t going to like the precedent but there is no precedent for extending a season. 

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

As a fan of a team that went through this I totally understand how this feels.

Waking up wondering who is going to be next and when it will finally stop.

Even if the strength coach broke protocol ,I think compassion should still be shown. 

This is a pandemic And if you are a fan of another team and want to throw stones, be careful, it might be your squad next. 

If my team is breaking protocol and not bring professional...then I’d have no problem with them facing the consequences of those actions. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

As a fan of a team that went through this I totally understand how this feels.

Waking up wondering who is going to be next and when it will finally stop.

Even if the strength coach broke protocol ,I think compassion should still be shown. 

This is a pandemic And if you are a fan of another team and want to throw stones, be careful, it might be your squad next. 

You are asking for empathy and understanding?

Do you even 2020?

• Like 1