How good would LAR be without Goff?

Hunter2_1

Watson the Rams would be nearly unbeatable. Every other QB about the same give or take a game or two.

Id take Goff over Dak, Ryan, Cousins, and Jimmy G. The thing with Watson is yes he is great but how do you blow a 24-0 lead in the playoffs? Yes BoB should get a lot of the blame but so does the QB. If you are the “Jordan” of football like Dabo stated you just don’t blow that big of a lead. Again I said before, say what you want about Goff but when was the last time he blew a lead for the Rams and they lost? I don’t remember when. Possibly 2017 at home versus the Eagles. So yeah I’ll take Watson and the Rams would be nearly unbeatable but outside of him those other QBs would be about the same at best give or take. Scary thing Goff has room to improve still mainly started to take control at the LOS in changing plays and protections that he thinks is best for the offense. Also he improved greatly throwing on the run on both sides right and left. 

Better with Dak / Watson for sure for me.  

Maybe slightly better with Matt Ryan, but I think its' closer then people like to think. Cousins would be interchangeable for me. 

Probably about the same with Jimmy G, but unlike Matt Ryan where I think that Ryan may make just one or two more plays that swings one additional game the Rams way, I think Jimmy probably fails to make a play one game and the Rams are like a game worse, but it's not that far off. Goff at his best is much better than Jimmy at his best in my opinion, but both mostly live in this murky area averageness. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 5:56 AM, FrantikRam said:

Watson - 19-0, would never lose a game

Dak - best team in the league and Super Bowl champs

Ryan and Cousins - about the same, maybe better with Ryan but it'd be close

Jimmy G - worse by a game or two

Dak is NOT better than Goff by any means 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 8:20 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Let's say instead they had one of the following QBs (below). Would they still be as good?

- Watson

- Dak

- Jimmy G

- Cousins

- Ryan

Better with Watson. Slightly better with Ryan. Worse with Cousins and Jimmy. Very slightly worse with Dak.

Edited by jrry32

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Have you seen the Eagles fans lately? They are on suicide watch after realizing they have the second best QB from the 2016 draft. Lord knows what Rams fans would do when they have the 3rd. I cant have their deaths haunting me. 

I have no problem with people thinking Dak is better but Goff is better than Wentz.

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I have no problem with people thinking Dak is better but Goff is better than Wentz.

Most people look at stats and base it off that. 

Dak is def more efficient in terms of stats than both, but in no way is he a better QB than Goff. 

they both have their strengths and weaknesses, Goff has a much higher ceiling 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Have you seen the Eagles fans lately? They are on suicide watch after realizing they have the second best QB from the 2016 draft. Lord knows what Rams fans would do when they have the 3rd. I cant have their deaths haunting me. 

Dak is like Tony Romo. He puts up pretty numbers, but the guy doesn't deliver in the manner those numbers indicate. The Cowboys had a defense that rated in the top 10 in YPG Allowed in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Yet, they posted a cumulative record of 27-21 over those three years. The Rams, on the other hand, had a defense that failed to rank in the top 10 in YPG Allowed in any of those years, but they posted a cumulative record of 33-15. I won't even start on this year. Yes, Dak got hurt. Yes, their defense was awful. But they weren't winning with him. Meanwhile, the Rams are currently the #2 seed in the NFC.

I like winning football games. Based on the eye test, I'd rather have Goff. Simply put, the Cowboys had a better defense than the Rams in each year from 2017 through 2019, yet the Rams won more football games every year. Why do Dak's numbers not translate into wins?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Most people look at stats and base it off that. 

Dak is def more efficient in terms of stats than both, but in no way is he a better QB than Goff. 

they both have their strengths and weaknesses, Goff has a much higher ceiling 

Next you will tell me "Goff passes the eye test" or some other non-measurable or provable ideal that supports your biased point of view. Goff is not only worse in practically every possible way, he is dumb as a stump as a person. Which makes me laugh. 

Has anyone explained the solar system to him yet? 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Dak is like Tony Romo. He puts up pretty numbers, but the guy doesn't deliver in the manner those numbers indicate. The Cowboys had a defense that rated in the top 10 in YPG Allowed in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Yet, they posted a cumulative record of 27-21 over those three years. The Rams, on the other hand, had a defense that failed to rank in the top 10 in YPG Allowed in any of those years, but they posted a cumulative record of 33-15. I won't even start on this year. Yes, Dak got hurt. Yes, their defense was awful. But they weren't winning with him. Meanwhile, the Rams are currently the #2 seed in the NFC.

I like winning football games. Based on the eye test, I'd rather have Goff. Simply put, the Cowboys had a better defense than the Rams in each year from 2017 through 2019, yet the Rams won more football games every year. Why do Dak's numbers not translate into wins?

You really lawyered this one, didnt you? Let me ask you this:

1. Do you believe that wins and losses should be attributed to the QB?

2. What role do you think the head coach has in wins/losses?

3. Would you prefer the Rams coaching or the Cowboys? 

• Like 4