How good would LAR be without Goff?

Hunter2_1

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You really lawyered this one, didnt you? Let me ask you this:

1. Do you believe that wins and losses should be attributed to the QB?

2. What role do you think the head coach has in wins/losses?

3. Would you prefer the Rams coaching or the Cowboys? 

1. In whole? No. In part? Yes. QB is the most valuable position on the field. Putting up empty numbers doesn't mean a lot if you're not helping your team. One only needs to watch Kirk Cousins to see that the guy's statistical output falls well short of his contributions towards wins. Dak has the same issue. Football games are won and lost based on which throws you make and which throws you miss. Time and time again, while watching Dak, I've seen him put up great numbers but miss the most important throws.

2. A big one.

3. The Rams.

Thing is that unless there is some unforeseen event, the McVay and Goff combo aren't going anywhere. 

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Next you will tell me "Goff passes the eye test" or some other non-measurable or provable ideal that supports your biased point of view. Goff is not only worse in practically every possible way, he is dumb as a stump as a person. Which makes me laugh. 

Has anyone explained the solar system to him yet? 

You really lawyered this one, didnt you? Let me ask you this:

1. Do you believe that wins and losses should be attributed to the QB?

2. What role do you think the head coach has in wins/losses?

3. Would you prefer the Rams coaching or the Cowboys? 

Most guys were talking about how Dak had the best RB and the best OL since he’s been drafted. I’m sure that helps stats a little. 

But you’re prolly gonna comeback with Todd Gurley in previous years. How did Goff reach the SB without Gurley? 

but tell me how Dak fares against teams that have over .500 records?  and Goff may not know where the sun rises but unlike Dak, he can hit the broad side of a barn. 

Dak is a garbage time stat padder. He’s got most casuals fooled. Miss me with that extra stuff

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

1. In whole? No. In part? Yes. QB is the most valuable position on the field. Putting up empty numbers doesn't mean a lot if you're not helping your team. One only needs to watch Kirk Cousins to see that the guy's statistical output falls well short of his contributions towards wins. Dak has the same issue. Football games are won and lost based on which throws you make and which throws you miss. Time and time again, while watching Dak, I've seen him put up great numbers but miss the most important throws.

2. A big one.

3. The Rams.

Thing is that unless there is some unforeseen event, the McVay and Goff combo aren't going anywhere. 

At times, McVay holds back Goff. McVay is a notorious micromanager, which is why Goff has so many delay of games. (Always in his ear) 

once McVay backs off a little, we will see a more polished version of Goff. Once Goff can call more audibles and check out of plays he doesn’t like then we will see an even better version of Goff

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

2. A big one.

3. The Rams.

7 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Most guys were talking about how Dak had the best RB and the best OL since he’s been drafted. I’m sure that helps stats a little. 

But you’re prolly gonna comeback with Todd Gurley in previous years. How did Goff reach the SB without Gurley? 

but tell me how Dak fares against teams that have over .500 records?  and Goff may not know where the sun rises but unlike Dak, he can hit the broad side of a barn. 

Dak is a garbage time stat padder. He’s got most casuals fooled. Miss me with that extra stuff

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

At times, McVay holds back Goff. McVay is a notorious micromanager, which is why Goff has so many delay of games. (Always in his ear) 

once McVay backs off a little, we will see a more polished version of Goff. Once Goff can call more audibles and check out of plays he doesn’t like then we will see an even better version of Goff

I would be willing to go line by line and completely destroy any invalid argument suggesting that Goff is better than Dak, if you promise to admit you are wrong when I am done and not just ghost like Rammy. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I would be willing to go line by line and completely destroy any invalid argument suggesting that Goff is better than Dak, if you promise to admit you are wrong when I am done and not just ghost like Rammy. 

Matts, I've seen your flaccid, impotent style of argument. You can spare me the posturing.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You’re one of the few Cowboys posters I like. 

don’t play yourself by going up to bat for a guy who will prolly be left at the alter by Jerruh 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Better with Watson. Slightly better with Ryan. Worse with Cousins and Jimmy. Very slightly worse with Dak.

I may be in the minority, but I think Goff runs the Rams better than Dak would. 

Jimmy is clearly the worst qb in this conversation.

Watson is clearly the best. Ryan would be pretty close. Cousins slightly worse.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

2. A big one.

3. The Rams.

Spitting this is straight facts. I watch the games and am shocked when I look at the stat column later.

• Like 4

I think that Prescott would be better than Goff if he had the coaching staff of the Rams. And would make the team better. 
LA Rams with Watson would be way better. He's a much better QB than Goff
Ryan and Goff I have as similar QBs so probably the same. 
Garoppolo and Cousins for sure would make the Rams worse. Those two are below average QBs