thanksgiving special game 2: WFT vs WTF

Malfatron

Thankgiving Special Game: battle for the East...Footbal Team vs Cowboys  

31 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Are they though?

I could see the argument you could make for your side, but this is how I see it.

This was a very good post, and I think it’s how most of us in the WFT forum have come to see it. 

Did we want to be in the hunt for Lawrence? Absolutely. But that ship apparently sailed after week one, given how the Jets are going. Would we love to be in position for the next best QB on our board, or to get a blue chip non-QB like Sewell or Parsons or Chase? Sure, that’s what we’ve mostly all been thinking about all year. But with the division being as poor as it is, it’s always been pretty questionable whether we’d even be in position for any of those guys. 

And now, I think the most likely outcome is at least one more win (against beat up SF or scrappy CAR or snakebit PHI), so the likelihood is we’ll end up with 5 wins and a pick around 8-10 or something like that. I’d rather win one more and take the division and get all the positive benefits you described in your post associated with winning. Nobody needs a little boost in morale and even the faint/fleeting good feelings of a division win and brief playoff run more than the WFT and the toxic losing culture they’re trying to put behind them.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 3:58 PM, TXsteeler said:

I’m hoping for a tie simply because I want to see a 5 win team go to the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind seeing a repeat matchup of Super Bowls XIII and XXX (Dallas vs. Pittsburgh).  Then we could have a shot at a team with 5 regular season wins beating a team with 16 regular season wins!

21 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think Alex Smith was the last piece Washington needed to steady the ship.

They will win the division.

Washington definitely a team on the rise, great decision to go after Ron Rivera as HC. Perfect choice to set a culture there and build a strong, defensively solid team and Alex Smith is an experienced, steady presence to hold the QB position down. You know he's not going to lose you the game, he'll take care of the ball and play complimentary football, I really like where Washington is headed and they have to be favourites for the division now. That young D is only going to get better too.

• Like 1