thanksgiving special game 2: WFT vs WTF

Malfatron

Thankgiving Special Game: battle for the East...Footbal Team vs Cowboys  

31 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I didnt watch this, but it is my civic duty to point out that Skip is *NOT* a Cowboys fan. He just pretends to get ratings.

Skip has only one entry in Cowboys lore. He is the parasite who published rumors about Aikman's sexuality so he could make money.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Redskins fans are in the weird position of rooting for the Eagles to win on MNF so that Philly can be in the playoffs and not them. Lol

Are they though?

I could see the argument you could make for your side, but this is how I see it.

To me the only team that really desperately needs to not win the division for sure is the Eagles unless you're Doug Pederson or Carson Wentz. Eagles have a good amount of holes and haven't got a blue chip talent in a while. The Eagles have made a big move from being 31st oldest roster at 53 man cut downs in 2019 all the way to 19th oldest in 2020. But, we are still the oldest roster in the division at 19th and a lot of our good players are old and a lot of our young players are unproven. Not a good situation.

I think both Washington and New York with their 1st year head coaches would benefit from the confidence boost and experience making the playoffs would give them. Those teams have picked high for years now and don't have a lot to show for it. The only reason I could see for wanting to not make the playoffs for them is to tank for a QB. And, I guess that makes sense for Washington. I'm not really a big fan of Daniel Jones either though.

But, I'm not sure Washington is bad enough to get high enough for Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. They might not even get high enough for Zach Wilson or Trey Lance. So what good would finishing like somewhere in the range of say 5th to 18th overall do for their franchise? I mean if they lose the playoff game which they probably will they will pick 19th. They might have a bit of a higher chance at a great prospect of their choosing, but it might not be the QB they want and they can always ride with Alex Smith (please don't die...) this year and next and draft a QB outside the first round this year and then if they haven't seen enough potential draft another one high in 2022 and have the other QB they drafted in the 2nd to 4th round in 2021 be the back-up to whoever they draft in 2022. They drafted both RG3 and Cousins in the same draft back in 2012. Having a great back-up is extremely valuable and after RG3 busted they had Cousins to rely on for several years of good play until they stupidly let him walk out that door and have been clamoring for a QB ever since. I don't love Cousins, but he's probably one of the best QBs they've had, but that is a different discussion.

I think Washington fans should be excited whether they win or lose the division as long as their young guys keep showing progress like quite a few of them have these past 2 years. Obviously they are gonna need to get a QBOTF, but I think it would do wonders for that teams confidence, especially the young guys, if they win the division and even keeping that one playoff game they probably play in within shooting distance, but maybe that is just me. The same goes for the Giants, but I just focused on Washington in this post, because that's who you were talking about.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Redskins fans are in the weird position of rooting for the Eagles to win on MNF so that Philly can be in the playoffs and not them. Lol

I want a play off push to build for next year

We arent getting Sewell or Lawrence. We have very good young stars.

Sweat, Young, McLauren, Gibson, Tim Settle, Curl and so on. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Not sure why a one off horrible showing would change anything. Most adults dont live in consistent need of instant gratification/changes/etc. 

et tu brute?

We dont need Trevor. We need the kings ransom someone else would have paid for a top QB. 

It's the second consecutive year that Dallas has lost by double digits.

Detroit has been bad forever.

All I'm saying is, IMO it's time to switch it up. The ratings will probably be fine because they're the only two games on and not much else to do on Thanksgiving day (especially this year).

But I'd rather the NFL pick new teams each year. Or maybe have Dallas and Detroit alternate for the fox game slot and have a new one for CBS each year.

And if it doesn't happen after yesterday, it never will. Being blown out by a bad team just isn't a good look.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Are they though?

I could see the argument you could make for your side, but this is how I see it.

To me the only team that really desperately needs to not win the division for sure is the Eagles unless you're Doug Pederson or Carson Wentz. Eagles have a good amount of holes and haven't got a blue chip talent in a while. The Eagles have made a big move from being 31st oldest roster at 53 man cut downs in 2019 all the way to 19th oldest in 2020. But, we are still the oldest roster in the division at 19th and a lot of our good players are old and a lot of our young players are unproven. Not a good situation.

I think both Washington and New York with their 1st year head coaches would benefit from the confidence boost and experience making the playoffs would give them. Those teams have picked high for years now and don't have a lot to show for it. The only reason I could see for wanting to not make the playoffs for them is to tank for a QB. And, I guess that makes sense for Washington. I'm not really a big fan of Daniel Jones either though.

But, I'm not sure Washington is bad enough to get high enough for Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. They might not even get high enough for Zach Wilson or Trey Lance. So what good would finishing like somewhere in the range of say 5th to 18th overall do for their franchise? I mean if they lose the playoff game which they probably will they will pick 19th. They might have a bit of a higher chance at a great prospect of their choosing, but it might not be the QB they want and they can always ride with Alex Smith (please don't die...) this year and next and draft a QB outside the first round this year and then if they haven't seen enough potential draft another one high in 2022 and have the other QB they drafted in the 2nd to 4th round in 2021 be the back-up to whoever they draft in 2022. They drafted both RG3 and Cousins in the same draft back in 2012. Having a great back-up is extremely valuable and after RG3 busted they had Cousins to rely on for several years of good play until they stupidly let him walk out that door and have been clamoring for a QB ever since. I don't love Cousins, but he's probably one of the best QBs they've had, but that is a different discussion.

I think Washington fans should be excited whether they win or lose the division as long as their young guys keep showing progress like quite a few of them have these past 2 years. Obviously they are gonna need to get a QBOTF, but I think it would do wonders for that teams confidence, especially the young guys, if they win the division and even keeping that one playoff game they probably play in within shooting distance, but maybe that is just me. The same goes for the Giants, but I just focused on Washington in this post, because that's who you were talking about.

I think the opportunity to get one of the top 4 QBs is what drives the Redskins fans to hoping someone else takes the division. I just don't see it being the Eagles but they have to root for somebody. The Cowboys are just missing too many pieces.

Maybe the Giants...

32 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think the opportunity to get one of the top 4 QBs is what drives the Redskins fans to hoping someone else takes the division. I just don't see it being the Eagles but they have to root for somebody. The Cowboys are just missing too many pieces.

Maybe the Giants...

I think the FT is one QB and an upgraded OL away from being a really, really good team. I wouldn't want to win the division if I were a fan of any team honestly - whoever does is in worse shape in the long run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe the Giants...

Washington doesn't have to draft a first round QB.