thanksgiving special game 2: WFT vs WTF

Malfatron

Thankgiving Special Game: battle for the East...Footbal Team vs Cowboys  

31 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That is good to hear.

I just have seen pictures on twitter from Texas and other states with open carry strolling around the city with their assault rifles.

Please for the love of god never form your opinion of a state based on what you see on twitter.

That crap is crazy. It is usually Trump supporters I'm sure.

I cant wait for Trump to go back to being a registered democrat so red states can lose this stigma.

How would you rank the bigger cities in Texas to live in? I'm used to lots of great food places to go to in Southern California. It is probably the best place for all different types of food next to NYC which is so diverse that its impossible to beat for food in the Western Hemisphere and a top 3 food city in the world.

Austin is most hippy-ish

Dallas is most corporate/materilistic

Houston is the biggest/most diverse and closest to NOLA

San Antonio has a strong Hispanic influence

Smaller cities remind me of the mid-west 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That is good to hear.

I just have seen pictures on twitter from Texas and other states with open carry strolling around the city with their assault rifles.

How would you rank the bigger cities in Texas to live in? I'm used to lots of great food places to go to in Southern California. It is probably the best place for all different types of food next to NYC which is so diverse that its impossible to beat for food in the Western Hemisphere and a top 3 food city in the world.

Houston is probably more diverse than nearly anywhere in Cali, except maybe LA, but the weather sucks dong and the city will be underwater sooner than later anyways. Austin is also really cool, but more expensive than some other places.

• Like 1

What cities do you prefer? I've thought about Austin which I believe has a younger population and a good food scene that is only getting better.

The city thing is preference. I live in Austin and love it. Food/bar/music scene is great. Austin is diverse in that area for sure. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That is good to hear.

Lived here for 40+ years, never seen a single open carry person. I've seen a few conceal carry people (I conceal carry myself on occasion) but this talk of every other person walking around with an AR-15 is vastly overstated.

Not going too far down this rabbit hole - but, much like any other state, you have various pockets of both sides represented.

1. Houston

2. Austin

3. San Antonio

4. Dallas

As far as food - Houston is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the best food cities in the world. It's not just BBQ and Tex Mex, Houston has some of the best Vietnamese food in the US, and has perhaps the best Indian restaurants in all of North America. 

https://www.gq.com/story/houston-restaurants-capital-of-southern-cool

https://www.houstoniamag.com/eat-and-drink/2019/09/houstons-food-scene-has-never-been-better

https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/texas/articles/houston-is-the-next-culinary-capital-and-its-all-about-diversity/

• Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Please for the love of god never form your opinion of a state based on what you see on twitter.

Not forming my opinion based on Twitter. I would never do that. Twitter can be a cesspool and I take everything people say with a grain of salt.

It is just something I have seen in those open carry states, especially lately with the country being so divided. It is probably pretty rare. I still don't love it though.

I'll for sure do my research before I do any moving, but the fact I'm even considering Texas means I see the advantages of living there too.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant wait for Trump to go back to being a registered democrat so red states can lose this stigma.

haha

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Austin is most hippy-ish

Dallas is most corporate/materilistic

Houston is the biggest/most diverse and closest to NOLA

San Antonio has a strong Hispanic influence

Smaller cities remind me of the mid-west 

Yeah I've heard that about Austin, but unfortunately hipsters are more prevalent in most bigger cities now. A lot of west coast cities have them too, especially Portland.

Thanks for the quick synopsis for the other cities though. I don't think I'd consider San Antonio, but I'd like to visit.

I’m from Houston and I will say the food is pretty good there, but currently living in Austin the food is really really good here. Austin > San Antonio > Houston > Dallas

san Antonio has so much interesting things to do but I haven’t been there in a decade

Edited by tab

6 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Houston is probably more diverse than nearly anywhere in Cali, except maybe LA, but the weather sucks dong and the city will be underwater sooner than later anyways. Austin is also really cool, but more expensive than some other places.

Houston is actually the most diverse city in the US per the US Census:

https://www.mymcmedia.org/three-of-the-10-most-diverse-cities-in-america-are-in-montgomery-county/#:~:text=According to the 2019 findings,six%2C and seven%2C respectively.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I ate thanksgiving dinner.

its xmas time now

lol... I kinda lost the Christmas spirit recently. 

I don't have kids, a girlfriend, and my family hasn't done gifts on Christmas in a while, so its pretty blah to me.

Only thing that I'm looking forward to about  Christmas is Vikings/Saints, NBA being back already and the Eagles season almost being over. 🎉🎊