From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

13 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Anyone got any intel on Vrabel? Coaching history, coaching ties, etc.? I know he was LB coach for Ohio St. for 3 years then became LB coach and eventually DC for the Texans. How did he fair in those positions? I would have preferred an offense oriented HC but if he can bring in a good OC I think I'd be down.

Just doing a quick google search and thinking about the Ohio State connection.. Ryan Day is their Co-Offensive Coordinator, has been a QB Coach in the NFL and an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL under Chip Kelly.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just doing a quick google search and thinking about the Ohio State connection.. Ryan Day is their Co-Offensive Coordinator, has been a QB Coach in the NFL and an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL under Chip Kelly.

what if he brings schiano to tennessee? xDxDxD

24 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I know that, but I jump the gun. I responded to this thread before I saw him & the colts have a deal in place 

They can't have a formal deal in place. Can't officially sign before they're done with the season.

They could have a verbal understanding... But nothing set in stone. Its like the tampering rule in FA... Wonder if the NFL tries to enforce these things more if both the Shurmur and McDaniels reports are correct.

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

They can't have a formal deal in place. Can't officially sign before they're done with the season.

They could have a verbal understanding... But nothing set in stone. Its like the tampering rule in FA... Wonder if the NFL tries to enforce these things more if both the Shurmur and McDaniels reports are correct.

Nothing they can do, I think.

It was similar with Quinn in ATL. Everyone knew he accepted the job. They will all just deny anything and say yeah it was a good interview.

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yes they can have a deal in place since McDaniels done interviewed, however he can’t sign till the patriots season end because he’s still under contract wit the pats 

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

So he knocked the interview out of the park but they didn’t hire him? Where did McDaniels hit it out of then?

I'd imagine one issue in Indy regarding Vrabel would be they want an offensive guy for Luck after dealing with Pagano's inability to get a good OC for Luck.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'd imagine one issue in Indy regarding Vrabel would be they want an offensive guy for Luck after dealing with Pagano's inability to get a good OC for Luck.

Couldn’t they just hire a good OC under Vrabel if that’s the case? We need a great offensive guy for Marcus and we’re considering Vrabel so it’s pretty much the same thing.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Call me crazy. But.  Hmm don't seem like you on board with Vrabel. Lol 

Nope but I don’t like McDaniels either. I’m just not high on a guy who has 4 years of experience as an NFL coach with just 1 as a DC in which the D was horrible. Sure the injuries were a huge issue but come on. I just don’t think he’s ready for that as he’s yet to prove anything as an assistant yet. You can say he matches all these cliches that Robinson puts out but truth is, a lot of candidates do. The Wilks idea is intriguing especially if he can bring DeFilippo and the 4-3 back. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Couldn’t they just hire a good OC under Vrabel if that’s the case? We need a great offensive guy for Marcus and we’re considering Vrabel so it’s pretty much the same thing.

I think it could be one of those things where they clearly want an offensive guy. And that is what they went in there knowing and wanting. 

And maybe Vrabel was so impressive that they considered going against what they first started out to do. 

Dunno. 

Waiting until a guy has enough experience to be a head coach is how you end up with Mularkey. Or Munchak. Or Ken Whisenhunt. One thing that almost every bad franchise in the NFL does is recycle coaches and go for the safe hire.

The most successful hires the last couple years are guys that were inexperienced. They’re the ones that can bring some actual innovation and change to a team.

No defensive coordinator in football was going to have any success in Houston this year. Combining a unit that’s absolutely decimated by injuries with 10 games of horrible QB play meant he had no chance.

With that said, Vrabel isn’t at the top of my list, but I’d much rather take a chance on him than some NFL coaching lifer.