From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm split on this whole thing.

On one hand, losing a coach like Vrabel would suck tremendously. Even with his flaws, he's a guy with a proven track record and the players obviously love playing for him.

On the other hand, if a coaching change is going to happen, what better time to do it than now. This is the offseason that could shape how the next few years look roster wise, and I'll be lying if a part of me wasn't a small bit concerned with what Vrabel's vision for the roster is. Plus, I don't think Vrabel should be holding our franchise hostage or have the right to undercut Ran (if the reports of him wanting an overseeing over the both of them is true). 

I'm also not too worried about losing the lockerroom or Levis's development. These guys are professional and honestly we'll probably have a mass roster turnover anyway. And all we've heard about Levis is how smart he is and his work ethic. Sure, ideally you'd want to keep the same system from year 1 to year 2. If Levis is the guy we think/hope he is, then I would hope he'd be able to grasp a new system. And depending on who the hire is (offensive guy), it could pay huge dividends for Levis in the long run.

I do agree that this likely is the ideal time for a HC change, if any, in Levis' development. 

Also, Vrabel will forever have a place in my heart, but honestly, the "players love playing for him" could be said for a lot of different people we could bring in to change the philosophy around here. Yes, it's a great quality to have, but it's not that rare.

I had my doubts about the guy early on, honestly the biggest thing that turned me around on him was this forum, and the constant blame-throwing and unreasonable expectations that were put on him by the fanbase turned me into devil's advocate at times. He's a guy that could turn a bad roster into a decent team that could stay afloat and win some games, and there aren't that many like him. But he does seem a little stiff, not a big innovator or play-calling genius of any kind.

My argument always has been that yes, we might want to find better than him in order to take this franchise to the next level, but chances are we likely won't. Time to get familiar with HC candidates, I guess, and pray that we don't screw it up, at least.

38 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

the best part of all this BS is I spend my day refreshing twitter and checking in here when nothing's gonna happen until like Thursday at 1:24pm central

Shows how incompetent our local media is that literally none of them can get an inside word. King is getting more information from a guy he's told us isn't as involved in operations as he used to be, but Kuharsky, Glennon, etc are all "if there's smoke there's probably fire" "if I had to guess, I'd say X is gonna happen because of the smoke". Glennon just retweeted himself on a radio station saying if he had to bet, he'd bet on Vrabel not being here in 2024, but it's because "there's too much smoke" and also said "that could change tomorrow".

Like, how about do your job and go find out information???

So incompetent. The franchise really knew how to clog it's one hole when it hired Wyatt to write for the team instead.

Lucky for King and his source or we'd be in total darkness.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Shows how incompetent our local media is that literally none of them can get an inside word. King is getting more information from a guy he's told us isn't as involved in operations as he used to be, but Kuharsky, Glennon, etc are all "if there's smoke there's probably fire" "if I had to guess, I'd say X is gonna happen because of the smoke". Glennon just retweeted himself on a radio station saying if he had to bet, he'd bet on Vrabel not being here in 2024, but it's because "there's too much smoke" and also said "that could change tomorrow".

Like, how about do your job and go find out information???

So incompetent. The franchise really knew how to clog it's one hole when it hired Wyatt to write for the team instead.

Lucky for King and his source or we'd be in total darkness.

Or does it show that there is no inside word because there's not gonna be a coaching change?

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Or does it show that there is no inside word because there's not gonna be a coaching change?

I get your point, but I personally doubt it. I suppose kudos to the org for being able to stay so hush hush, but what's the last actual worthwhile insider info that has leaked from a reporter? Sometimes we'll get a TItans-releasing-Tart-esque update from a guy like PK, but our reporters have been soooo in the dark about anything actually important. I don't think any of them still even have a real clue about what went down w/ AJ, when they should've been alllllll over that.

Perhaps it's a sign of the times. To compare things to a larger media market...I haven't heard a peep about what the Bears intend to do w/ Eberflus (assuming he's canned, but point remains).

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I get your point, but I personally doubt it. I suppose kudos to the org for being able to stay so hush hush, but what's the last actual worthwhile insider info that has leaked from a reporter? Sometimes we'll get a TItans-releasing-Tart-esque update from a guy like PK, but our reporters have been soooo in the dark about anything actually important. I don't think any of them still even have a real clue about what went down w/ AJ, when they should've been alllllll over that.

Perhaps it's a sign of the times. To compare things to a larger media market...I haven't heard a peep about what the Bears intend to do w/ Eberflus (assuming he's canned, but point remains).

there's been multiple reports, with a seemingly much greater degree of certainty than anything we've heard about the titans, that eberflus is being retained. 

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there's been multiple reports, with a seemingly much greater degree of certainty than anything we've heard about the titans, that eberflus is being retained. 

from where/who? Im not asking to challenge that, but curious given Warren's last statements. My twitter account follows basically only Titans-related media, the Schefters of the world and soccer outlets, so team-specific stuff trickles in here and there

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

"Word is Vrabel actually left on his own."

Lol, I don't know what that means. 

Sounds like he’s goin to NE lol. I bet Kraft put something in his ear when he went for the ring of honor ceremony