From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

51 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The year we drafted CJ we were coming off a season where VY regressed in pretty much every single area as a QB, and while LenDale wasn't awful, he showed as the guy having to carry the load that he couldn't cut it, not by himself. His style just wasn't one that could carry an offense, and Fisher properly identified we needed someone who could(or at least help LenDale/the run game as a whole) on offense. It also perfectly fit Fisher's offense. Fisher was always about smash mouth, run first football. We also have learned he had no faith in VY, so drafting a receiver for VY(like most wanted) didn't make sense internally/

What is continually being ignored here is the offense we run. We don't put 4 WRs on the field at the same time(pretty much no team does). We put 3 WRs on the field the 3rd least amount of times of all teams last year at 30% of the time. 53% of the time we either had 2 or 3 TEs on the field.  Unless a drastic change is being made to the offense, we don't even put our trio of Brown/Davis/Humphries out there very much. What are we gonna do with a 4th WR?

David Stewart was released before FA(or around when it started?) started the season we drafted Lewan as he had largely been a shell of his former self due to injuries. He retired afterwards/never played another down/didn't sign with anyone else.

Michael Oher was who they signed to play across from Roos, and the conversation around Roos at that time, even though he was still a decent player, was to start looking towards the future/to replace him.

Don't see the comparison at all here.

Well not trying to convince you. 

If my details are bad, thats on me. But either way Lewan wasn't the need. I wanted Aaron Donald. But people thought he was "too similar" to Casey or why draft Donald when you have Casey. 

I think given the depth in the draft at need positions (whether good or bad) we should go best player at #29 if we stay there. 

If that is a wr, rb, edge, ot, CB. Whatever. We should roll with it. 

Personally would hate to draft a career 5 sack OLB just because and pass up on a talented player who can fill a role and maybe take over a role next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

What is continually being ignored here is the offense we run. We don't put 4 WRs on the field at the same time(pretty much no team does). We put 3 WRs on the field the 3rd least amount of times of all teams last year at 30% of the time. 53% of the time we either had 2 or 3 TEs on the field.  Unless a drastic change is being made to the offense, we don't even put our trio of Brown/Davis/Humphries out there very much. What are we gonna do with a 4th WR?

what *you* are continually ignoring here is that that 4th WR, who you slowly bring along and find ways to get the ball through screens/deep shots/the return game during his rookie year, becomes WR2 the next season after corey davis leaves. and then instead of tossing a rookie into the fire there we have a second year player ready to make the leap. this isn't complicated at all. if we drafted solely on the basis of the next season we wouldn't have taken simmons or like, half the studs we've drafted.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, -Hope- said:

what *you* are continually ignoring here is that that 4th WR, who you slowly bring along and find ways to get the ball through screens/deep shots/the return game during his rookie year, becomes WR2 the next season after corey davis leaves. and then instead of tossing a rookie into the fire there we have a second year player ready to make the leap. this isn't complicated at all. if we drafted solely on the basis of the next season we wouldn't have taken simmons or like, half the studs we've drafted.

great point! you hit it right on the head!

30 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m over Logan Ryan if he cost anything more than 7-8 mill, guys like adoree & Jayon are due for a raise 

same, logan is not coming back here i dont think. if he was, he'd be back already.. i hate to see this happen to him. He played well last year and should have been signed by now. he's not a washed up vet like most of the remaining FA. i would hope he signs before the draft cause if he doesnt, he may not have many chances out there afterwards. teams are gonna draft cb's to play and play early.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 615finest said:

🤔🤔 Only WRs with speed that come to mind are Reagor, Mims, Aiyuk, and Maybe Jefferson. Ruggs isn’t making it too far in the draft.

a lot of the skill guys on offense we've picked lately are dudes who are fast, but also big and strong. think AJ, jonnu smith, really even corey davis. we haven't really looked at a whole lot of finesse guys (like a hollywood brown etc). i think the guy who fits that profile the most is denzel mims- 4.38 speed but he's an absolute bully and an enthusiastic blocker as well. but philly seems to really like him, and i think he could very well go before 29.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Wilson is not speed.

Lol Didn't say 1st round. 
Many would think we wouldn't touch it before round 4.
I think it could be a 2nd or 3rd round selection. That's earlier than I would have expected given Davis, Brown, Hump.