New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

The addition of Dorsey and Agnew is a positive. 

Asst. to upper management/Football Guru - Spielman

GM - Holmes

AGM - Agnew

TBD - Dorsey

This is a significantly better management structure than what we just had. For everyone that was ragging SOF's (Same ol Fords), Sheila is demonstrating she is serious about trying to turn this thing around. Whether it works is something we'll have to wait on. However, the effort is there and they're bringing a lot of smart football guys together. I think Agnew can help to balance things out with Dorsey and Holmes, which should help with keeping the peace. I would have been more concerned without that addition. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

GM - Holmes

AGM - Agnew

TBD - Dorsey

This is a significantly better management structure than what we just had. For everyone that was ragging SOF's (Same ol Fords), Sheila is demonstrating she is serious about trying to turn this thing around. Whether it works is something we'll have to wait on. However, the effort is there and they're bringing a lot of smart football guys together. I think Agnew can help to balance things out with Dorsey and Holmes, which should help with keeping the peace. I would have been more concerned without that addition. 

It’s a functional time bomb though and with their collaborative method that means Wood has final say. 

Frankly it looks like rearranging chairs on the Titanic with the least experienced in the highest positions. 

I like the addition of Dorsey. They desperately needed someone with experience. 

Edited by diehardlionfan

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

It’s a functional time bomb though and with their collaborative method that means Wood has final say. 

Frankly it looks like rearranging chairs on the Titanic with the least experienced in the highest positions. 

I like the addition of Dorsey. They desperately needed someone with experience. 

I get your cynicism based on years of failure, but not sure why so disgruntled over these changes.  You wanted changes, you wanted experience, and they went and got that to go along with some of the brighter young minds coming up.  All of these people accepted jobs knowing their role, so while a former GM is now an assistant, that is no different than what SF had with Lynch and Mayhew and so many other former GMs around the league.   

We brought in an OC with head coaching experience who just helped a rookie QB have a very solid year.  Again this is common for head coaches who have been fired to go back to being coordinators.

I think more than anything, this is Rod Wood admitting he needed help and is reorganizing the structure to allow people to focus on their strengths and further support the folks at the top. I am skeptical of Dan Campbell, I am skeptical of Holmes, but there are enough solid voices in the building now that it gives me so much more optimism than just a simple hire someone else new at GM and let them sink just like all of the others. This is the first time we have seen significant movement within the organization.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I get your cynicism based on years of failure, but not sure why so disgruntled over these changes.  You wanted changes, you wanted experience, and they went and got that to go along with some of the brighter young minds coming up.  All of these people accepted jobs knowing their role, so while a former GM is now an assistant, that is no different than what SF had with Lynch and Mayhew and so many other former GMs around the league.   

We brought in an OC with head coaching experience who just helped a rookie QB have a very solid year.  Again this is common for head coaches who have been fired to go back to being coordinators.

I think more than anything, this is Rod Wood admitting he needed help and is reorganizing the structure to allow people to focus on their strengths and further support the folks at the top. I am skeptical of Dan Campbell, I am skeptical of Holmes, but there are enough solid voices in the building now that it gives me so much more optimism than just a simple hire someone else new at GM and let them sink just like all of the others. This is the first time we have seen significant movement within the organization.  

Well said. 

7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

GM - Holmes

AGM - Agnew

TBD - Dorsey

This does make me feel better.  This on paper looks pretty good.  The coaching staff is rounding out as well.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

(insert Leonardo Dicaprio clapping GIF here)

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If he’s given the keys, Dorsey will turn everything around for your franchise. We went from 1-31 garbage to what we are now because of him.

I doubt they give him the keys, given he isn't the GM, but he will have a lot of say hopefully.  Sounds like he can be tough to work with and doesn't always handle the cap well so as long as he knows his role and plays nice, it should be a solid addition.  He worked some great trades both in KC and Cleveland, so hoping he helps get the most out of Stafford. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't know a ton about Staley as a coach. I'm interested to dig into why he's stepping in as a AHC.

Staley became a coaching intern for the Philadelphia Eagles during the 2010 offseason.[10] On February 8, 2011, Staley was promoted to special teams quality control coach.[11] After the departure of Andy Reid, Staley remained on the new staff with Chip Kelly and was promoted to the team's running backs coach. Kelly was fired as the team's head coach in December 2015 and Staley was interviewed for the vacant head coaching job in January 2016.[12] Staley was retained as the team's running backs coach by new head coach Doug Pederson on January 20, 2016.[13] On February 4, 2018, Staley won his first Super Bowl as a coach, and second overall, as the Eagles defeated the Patriots, 41–33, in Super Bowl LII.[14] On February 20, 2018, Staley was promoted to assistant head coach while maintaining his running backs coach position.[15]

On August 2, 2020, Eagles head coach Doug Pederson was diagnosed with COVID-19 during training camp. He planned to communicate with the team virtually during his quarantine, and he relinquished day-to-day head coaching duties to Staley in the interim.[16] Pederson returned to the team on August 12.[17]

The "Duce Staley drill", a practice drill that Staley created to enhance players' footwork, was added to the NFL Scouting Combine in 2020.

Per Wikipedia.

Apparently, he's been AHC in Philly for the last few seasons, and numerous players went to bat for him to become HC after Pederson was fired. Same situation as Campbell in NO. No coordinator experience, but has been in a head coaching role as second in command for a number of years. When the Eagles did not even interview him for the HC position, he asked to be released as he had interest from other teams. 

19 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Per Wikipedia.

Apparently, he's been AHC in Philly for the last few seasons, and numerous players went to bat for him to become HC after Pederson was fired. Same situation as Campbell in NO. No coordinator experience, but has been in a head coaching role as second in command for a number of years. When the Eagles did not even interview him for the HC position, he asked to be released as he had interest from other teams. 

Thanks man, much appreciated.

You have to love that he chose to come here. I don't know about Campbell in charge but it seems like guys want to come here and work with him. Even if he isn't the x's and o's guy (which he still could be), being able to bring together a group of people to work together towards a common goal is powerful. It's the reason a CEO gets paid big money. 

• Like 1