Week 12 GDT - Saints at Broncos

jolly red giant

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I never even heard of this kid. Just saw he's a rookie PS WR. I guess I'm kinda curious why we didn't activate Blake Bortles. He's on the PS too.

I've never been a fan of his but he does have 73 games as an NFL starter.

Bortles, Lock and Rypien were all in the meetings with Driskel without masking (Renck & Klis confirm timeline as below).  This apparently wasn't known by the league in their contact tracing until today (but certainly the players & coaches in the room would have known).   The 3 QB's (along with Driskel who's positive) are all on the 5-day self-isolation window given indoor meetings without masking = automatic high-risk contact, as per revised league protocol from 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Broncofan

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Players won't threaten to forfeit, because the players then lose their paycheck.    Players only get paid if games are played, forfeits = zero pay.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  Another sign of how bad the NFLPA is at this.

Oh it won’t happen but the NFL would bend if they thought that’s how this was gonna go. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Oh it won’t happen but the NFL would bend if they thought that’s how this was gonna go. 

If another positive test comes in tomorrow AM all bets are off.  If they can show there's spread beyond the index event....then delaying it to Tuesday is definitely in play.  If no one tests positive, well, I think we can say we'll be looking for a new poster to start the GD thread next week.

Edited by Broncofan

13 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Anyone think this game gets played tomorrow under Pat Bowlen’s ownership?

No.  That’s what is pissing me off about a lot of this.  Like anything it’s political.

If you don’t follow basic protocols you should have to play the game.  That’s BS for the Saints to have to wait because Denver’s QBs and the rest of the organization isn’t enforcing the absolute easiest mandate of putting a damn cloth over your face.

I think all this stuff is overblown, but when you don’t follow it and it bites you in the *** that’s what is deserved.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

No.  That’s what is pissing me off about a lot of this.  Like anything it’s political.

If you don’t follow basic protocols you should have to play the game.  That’s BS for the Saints to have to wait because Denver’s QBs and the rest of the organization isn’t enforcing the absolute easiest mandate of putting a damn cloth over your face.

I think all this stuff is overblown, but when you don’t follow it and it bites you in the *** that’s what is deserved.

Quarterback of all positions the most important position weren't following protocol no wonder our team looks lost the whole year .

This Hinton has some talent man it's crazy how he was in line to be the starter and got suspended three games his sophomore year completely changed the trajectory of his career.

Also was watching interviews with him he seems to have so poised and moxy. Odds are we're screwedddd but I at least will watch now.

Klis is saying the team sent footage from the meeting in question to the league for review and the video does show the QBs wearing masks and distancing and all that. I know for a fact Klis got that from the team while Schefter’s sources almost certainly have to be someone in the league office in New York. 

Sources said the issues were the three quarterbacks involved the COVID protocols of mask wearing, social distancing and contact tracers at the time of their close contact with Driskel. Specifically, it dealt with the quarterbacks meeting room that is in the Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse. The room is quite large -- 9News used it as a studio for several weeks this year and in 2018 it held the Case Keenum and draft pick introductory press conferences.

Per source, the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to the source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/nfl-pulls-broncos-quarterbacks-lock-rypien-bortles-off-practice-field-because-of-covid-contact-concerns/73-e2f812fb-5d1e-4a50-8ca6-780f51df0c41

While the team was in some sort of violation of the rules, the problem with this is that they’re picking favorites; other teams have made mistakes and had their games rescheduled but we haven’t. This is something that wouldn’t happen if we had a real owner who had respect of the powers that be in NY. 

Once the season is over in January, one of two things needs to happen ASAP - sell the team and give each of the Bowlen kids a cut or just hand the keys to Brittany. Enough already with Ellis and the trust trying to move at a snails pace and line their pockets.