Week #12 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That would imply that people had the bias beforehand as opposed to the idea that it is simply true. Probably just semantics, but imo, I never thought Mahomes got away with a lot of 'should have been' picks. He seems to have this season, though. 

Honestly it’s the average amount like every other year. I know because certain posters have been saying it for years, and PFF with their “turnover-worthy” plays stat

40 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Are we ever going to recognize that Kap continues to be black balled by the NFL when they continue to put garbage QBs on the field?

So tired of this sentiment. You do realize Kaepernick was trash his final year in the NFL and a backup QB right? A lot of people seem to forget this. He was no longer starting QB caliber. Just like a lot of dual threat type of QBs, teams had completely figured him out, plus he had lost 45lbs going into training camp because of his "vegan diet" (was really the NFL's new strict HGH rules, which effected both Manning and Kaepernick in 2015, Kaepernick confirmed, and Manning had HGH sent to his wife).

Combine Kaepernick with being a backup level QB his last year in the NFL, AND being out of the league for 4 years, and you have a recipe for disaster.

The Kaepernick hype is nothing more than non-sense media hype.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

So tired of this sentiment. You do realize Kaepernick was trash his final year in the NFL and a backup QB right? A lot of people seem to forget this. He was no longer starting QB caliber. Just like a lot of dual threat type of QBs, teams had completely figured him out, plus he had lost 45lbs going into training camp because of his "vegan diet" (was really the NFL's new strict HGH rules, which effected both Manning and Kaepernick in 2015, Kaepernick confirmed, and Manning had HGH sent to his wife).

Combine Kaepernick with being a backup level QB his last year in the NFL, AND being out of the league for 4 years, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I wonder when he's 50 years old, and still technically a free agent, if people still won't let this go

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

They couldn't have signed him for this game even if they wanted to.

Do you think the NFL should’ve allowed the coach to play QB? 

i think no, but a lot of people seemed to think it should’ve been allowed.

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Madden will still have him as an above-average free agent 

They rated him better than 40% of the STARTING QBS in the league... EA is an absolute joke. Colin's final rating in Madden 17 was 73 overall and #2 on the depth chart. So being out of the league four years makes you from like the 34th best QB in the league to like the 18th best, makes a lot of sense!!

59 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Are we ever going to recognize that Kap continues to be black balled by the NFL when they continue to put garbage QBs on the field?

any FA signed needed to have 5 negative tests on consecutive days to enter the facilities. I dont think tests taken elsewhere count either, niners traded for Jordan willis and he had to wait 5 days despite already being on a different NFL roster.

Just now, BayRaider said:

They rated him better than 40% of the STARTING QBS in the league... EA is an absolute joke. Colin's final rating in Madden 17 was 73 overall and #2 on the depth chart. So being out of the league four years makes you from like the 34th best QB in the league to like the 18th best, makes a lot of sense!!

I don't want to get political and generally I'm about as centrist as it can get.....but that from EA, that was virtue signalling if I've ever seen it. 

Imagine how slow his football brain would be right now?

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He wasn't a good starter by the end. But is (was) easily better than at least a dozen trash-*** QBs that have been backups over the past 5 years. To deny that the owners didn't decide that he was too radioactive to have on a roster is just putting your head in the sand. I won't decide for you whether you should think that's a good thing or not, but it did happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

He wasn't a good starter by the end. But is (was) easily better than at least a dozen trash-*** QBs that have been backups over the past 5 years. To deny that the owners didn't decide that he was too radioactive to have on a roster is just putting your head in the sand. I won't decide for you whether you should think that's a good thing or not, but it did happen.

And that happens with any player, all the time. If you are a backup player, that draws superrrr media attention, GOOD OR BAD, teams are not gonna want any part of it. It’s a distraction. Kaepernick is no exception. 

The reason Kaepernick’s became a big deal is because SJ stuff eventually became super political (not trying to turn this into politics).