2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Rozier is kinda awesome tbh

He was very good in year 6, he averaged 7.7 points on 38% FG during his first 4 years in Boston. He also entered the league at 21, while Mitchell is going to be a 23 year old rookie. 

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Probably not for Mobley.  We need wing help.  And someone to consistently score. Green is such a better fit for us than Mobley.  I’d rather have Cade (or just draft Green at 1) than Mobley and what likely would be a pick in the 8-12 range next year.  

Ok got you. I’m really hoping cavs can get Cade somehow, but it seems like Green has to get past Houston for that to be a possibility. And it seems like they want to pair him with KPJ

Mobley is just such a wack fit for us. I like Jarrett Allen and Mobley would just be overkill at the position. I don’t think he’s Jaren Jackson to truly be that tall 4

22 hours ago, brownie man said:

Ok got you. I’m really hoping cavs can get Cade somehow, but it seems like Green has to get past Houston for that to be a possibility. And it seems like they want to pair him with KPJ

Mobley is just such a wack fit for us. I like Jarrett Allen and Mobley would just be overkill at the position. I don’t think he’s Jaren Jackson to truly be that tall 4

The Cavaliers best bet would be to move down and target someone like Kuminga or Barnes. 

Since Detroit picked up the No. 1 selection, the "Cunningham isn't a lock to go first overall and general manager Troy Weaver will consider all of the team's options" campaign has been out in full force. Most recently, ESPN's Jonathan Givony reported that "from all accounts, Detroit is comfortable standing pat at No. 1 and taking Cunningham but will be active in exploring the possibility of trading down and obtaining additional assets, with [Evan] Mobley a potential target if something gets done."

This isn't an anomalous sentiment. Sources told The Athletic's Sam Vecenie shortly after the lottery Detroit is "thought to be fans of Jalen Green." He also noted that, despite the hype, Cunningham isn't the consensus No. 1 overall prospect in the same vein Zion Williamson was during the 2019 proceedings.

All of which suggests the door is open for a trade. And the Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Oklahoma City Thunder and New Orleans Pelicans are each trying to wedge their way through, per Givony.

@Sllim Pickens @brownie man

Edited by NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Cavaliers best bet would be to move down and target someone like Kuminga or Barnes. 

That’s where I stand right now 

either trade up for Cunningham or if not make the trade with Orlando if it’s available and take Kuminga and either Barnes, Jalen Johnson, or Kai Jones. 

I think Kuminga is going to be a really good player. So young just needs to shoot with more consistency. But watching him he’s got all the skills to develop a complete game and be a quality starting wing. Give me Kuminga and someone with immense upside like Jones and to me the cavs are in a much better spot. Either go Dallas and trade up for Cunningham or go Atlanta and make that trade with Orlando if it’s there. 

45 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Can’t decide between Kuminga or Barnes at 5.

Barnes is the safer pick, higher floor but definitely has a lower ceiling. Kuminga has all of the potential in the world but he's going to need to go to the right situation to be successful. 

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

the kuminga hype is the dumbest part of this draft. i mean **** how is kai jones not an easily better prospect? 

What's dumb about it? He's like 5-6 on almost everyone's board, deservedly so. He's the prototypical NBA forward, 6'8" 220 (7'0" WS), plus athleticism, and will be able to switch 1-4 defensively. Is he raw offensively? Yeah, but you also have to remember that he reclassified up a year to play in the G-League and we only got a 13 game sample size in a bubble setting. He's 18 and has flashed the ability to score off the bounce, finishes above the rim, flashed some playmaking ability, rebounds at a high level, and his shooting mechanics are fine. 

Kai Jones is a solid prospect but he's a sophomore and still super raw after two years in college. He's a terrible rebounder for his size, is a good but not great rim protector and isn't a stretch shooter. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

has a lower ceiling

this feels similar to the malik monk / donovan mitchell debate. with a guy that has "it" and a guy that doesn't seem like gives af. except people aren't as sleep to it now. ceiling tied to passion. obviously that's projection from your own opinions on how people communicate and how you interpret ****, but it doesn't take anyone with like a special eye or anything to see barnes cares way more about the game. that's way more important in determining ceiling 

and with monk and mitchell it's obviously way different. we had a guy that won in one way in monk and a guy that had a variety ways to win and the passion to maximize **** that wasn't tied to athletic traits. mitchell was better in every way, but it just reminds me of how i felt about the guys in terms of how their character seemed