WR Group

Tetsujin

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

I think Smith has absolutely put himself in the conversation for WR #1 and squarely in the top 10 picks.  But if I'm being honest, the perfect scenario for me is Parsons at 6 and Waddle at 22. I just don't know if either will be available at those picks.  

I think Smith would be a reach in the top 10. Not a huge one since he's bound to have synergy with Tua but still questionable. I'd much prefer Chase or Waddle.

But I don't think Smith nor Waddle last until 22, is the issue.

Looking at the last two Texans games, I think they're probably going to finish 5-11 after beating the Bengals and dropping to the Titans. Looking at tiebreakers, I think it's most likely our Texans pick with be 7th or 8th. The way things look now, one of Chase or Parsons should drop to us there but almost certainly not both and if I'm the Dolphins I select whoever of the two is still available.

Our actual pick will obviously be influenced heavily by whether or not we make the playoffs... probably would be 17th or 18th if we miss it. Anyone's guess who will be on the board at that range but hopefully Smith or Waddle if we select Parsons will still be there. Or if we select Chase we could grab some other LB prospect or OL prospect... I see a lot of mocks thinking Leatherwood will go in that range.

Callaway got waived today. Guess it's Ford or bust. 

Kinda hoping for a big physical receiver, you know like 6'4" and tossing DB's around like rag dolls. Seems like the expected 1st-rd receivers are all little guys. Tua already has a difficult time seeing over the towering O-line, he could a tall visible target as safety net. 

19 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think Smith would be a reach in the top 10. Not a huge one since he's bound to have synergy with Tua but still questionable. I'd much prefer Chase or Waddle.

But I don't think Smith nor Waddle last until 22, is the issue.

I don't think he's a stretch at all.  Terrific route runner.  Terrific hands.  Terrific speed.  Not to mention that the back end of the top 10 is wide open, IMO.  I've been able to watch a lot more video on Chase from last year, and honestly, I don't think he's the best fit with Tua.  He's not a separation monster.  

19 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Looking at the last two Texans games, I think they're probably going to finish 5-11 after beating the Bengals and dropping to the Titans. Looking at tiebreakers, I think it's most likely our Texans pick with be 7th or 8th. The way things look now, one of Chase or Parsons should drop to us there but almost certainly not both and if I'm the Dolphins I select whoever of the two is still available.

We need a big run on QBs in the top 5.  

16 hours ago, FinSting said:

Kinda hoping for a big physical receiver, you know like 6'4" and tossing DB's around like rag dolls. Seems like the expected 1st-rd receivers are all little guys. Tua already has a difficult time seeing over the towering O-line, he could a tall visible target as safety net. 

As long as that guy can also get separation, count me in.  Guys that can make those tough contested catches are nice (see Devante Parker), but Tua needs guys that can separate.  His accuracy is such a dang weapon when he has receivers that can get a step on their defender.  

19 hours ago, FinSting said:

Good riddance.

Probably means Parker and/or Grant are ready to go, which is good.

36 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Isn't Preston Williams that big physical receiver?

Yeah, we definitely don't need more big receivers who can't get separation. We already have Parker, Williams, Gesicki and Ford who are all 6'3 or taller. We need to add a deep threat and someone who can get consistent separation. We have none right now but thankfully most of the top guys in the draft fit that criteria.

Edited by Emerica

On 12/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, Emerica said:

Yeah, we definitely don't need more big receivers who can't get separation. We already have Parker, Williams, Gesicki and Ford who are all 6'3 or taller. We need to add a deep threat and someone who can get consistent separation. We have none right now but thankfully most of the top guys in the draft fit that criteria.

This is correct.  I might add that my top preference is Waddle.  He is the fastest WR in the draft, and already has good chemistry with Tua.

• Like 1

I'm so frustrated watching this raider game that I would honestly consider dropping the guys we have dressed except for Bowden Jr. and start to look over our scouting reports on other teams' practice squad WRs 🤷‍♂️ 

That's where I am at. 

The guys we have are absolutely incapable of getting open. Without Parker, Williams and Grant we have to be the worst WR group in the league. These guys clearly can't get it done. Give someone else a chance. 

1 hour ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

I'm so frustrated watching this raider game that I would honestly consider dropping the guys we have dressed except for Bowden Jr. and start to look over our scouting reports on other teams' practice squad WRs 🤷‍♂️ 

That's where I am at. 

The guys we have are absolutely incapable of getting open. Without Parker, Williams and Grant we have to be the worst WR group in the league. These guys clearly can't get it done. Give someone else a chance. 

Yes, our WRs have been, as a whole, bad.

I'm hoping Preston Williams will be available for the playoffs should we make it in, which is looking probable. While not a deep threat he is a big target that can move chains. Devante I am sure will be available for the first half a play off game along with Grant. 

On an unrelated note and admittedly a dumb idea, I would want them to start Fitz, they wouldn't be there without him and the guy has never started a playoff game and handled the transition like a  true pro. They won't, but the guy has earned it. 

6 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I'm hoping Preston Williams will be available for the playoffs should we make it in, which is looking probable. While not a deep threat he is a big target that can move chains. Devante I am sure will be available for the first half a play off game along with Grant. 

On an unrelated note and admittedly a dumb idea, I would want them to start Fitz, they wouldn't be there without him and the guy has never started a playoff game and handled the transition like a  true pro. They won't, but the guy has earned it. 

idk

I still think our hopes hinge on the Steelers beating the Browns lol

17 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

idk

I still think our hopes hinge on the Steelers beating the Browns lol

I'd agree the Bills definitely have a reason to play now, it was looking like they would rest starters but with the 2 seed up for grabs..., which I am glad for btw you either belong or you don't. Right now everyone is hoping to draw Miami as their playoff opponent which is understandable. Most people projected Miami to finish .500 or lower. We are playing with house money this season. 

It might be ugly but you cant discount division rivalries as a gimme for either side. 

6 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I'd agree the Bills definitely have a reason to play now, it was looking like they would rest starters but with the 2 seed up for grabs..., which I am glad for btw you either belong or you don't. Right now everyone is hoping to draw Miami as their playoff opponent which is understandable. Most people projected Miami to finish .500 or lower. We are playing with house money this season. 

It might be ugly but you cant discount division rivalries as a gimme for either side. 

even if they'd have lost to the Patriots, they'd be in play for the 2 seed. The ship of them benching their starters sailed when Pittsburgh came back to win versus Indy.