Week 12 Post Game: We won, so nobody cares

Norm

Love beating the Bears, but this game did nothing for my confidence in the ultimate goal. We gave the Bears anything they wanted underneath and still couldn't stop the run. We played a QB willing to force some deep attempts and that's great, but good QBs don't do that, as Rivers showed us last week. The worst QB we'll face in the playoffs is Goff, the plan needs to change for me to have any hope that every playoff game we play is going to be a shootout.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Love beating the Bears, but this game did nothing for my confidence in the ultimate goal. We gave the Bears anything they wanted underneath and still couldn't stop the run. We played a QB willing to force some deep attempts and that's great, but good QBs don't do that, as Rivers showed us last week. The worst QB we'll face in the playoffs is Goff, the plan needs to change for me to have any hope that every playoff game we play is going to be a shootout.

Not even true, and Goff sucks.  Taysom Hill and the NFCE winner will be worse than Goff.  And the Bears and 49ers are only one game behind Arizona.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Don't think there are too many major takeaways from last night, but some thoughts I had

1. Gary is going to be a stud. The guy is getting very close to finishing the play, but there are always times where he affects the QB.

2. i really like the makeup of our WRs. Davante the stud. MVS that incredible deep threat, Lazard the tough blocker and third down guy and EQ the WC

MVS also blocks his *** off.  

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

MVS also blocks his *** off.  

That stuff is a mentality, and the Packers coaches have successfully got their players to buy into doing some of that dirty work on offense.  Offensively when it comes to coaching I'd say the Packers are in great shape.  Coordinator of the year for us is clearly Adam Stenavich.  He's done a great job with the Oline.  It seems like every week he needs to play musical chairs there, but the unit seems to step it up and get it done.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Those two drives took up a combined 9:40. We could have completely removed our offense from the game from that point on and let them score another 15 points again in 9:40 and we still would have won. 

There comes a point in a game where you gladly trade points for clock. 

I agree.  This forum so down on this defense, that we make excuses for why good things happen.  Is this an amazing defense? Absolutely not.  Is the Bears offense poor? Yes.  Did this defense hold up its end this week? Yes.  The Bears made it a 16 point game when the Packers went into stall mode in the 4th quarter.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Not even true, and Goff sucks.  Taysom Hill and the NFCE winner will be worse than Goff.  And the Bears and 49ers are only one game behind Arizona.

Brees will be back by then. Also, if we win the NFCN, there's no way we can play a division winner in the first week, and I don't see the NFCE winner even challenging the team they face that week, so no I don't think there's any chance to face a QB from that division.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No.

AG#20 is right.   When you have a big lead like that who the hell cares if your opponent gets garbage points?   We kept everything in front of us and had them drive the length of the field and chew up clock.  The W is all that really matters.   In January nobody will care what the final score was as long as you win.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That stuff is a mentality, and the Packers coaches have successfully got their players to buy into doing some of that dirty work on offense.  Offensively when it comes to coaching I'd say the Packers are in great shape.  Coordinator of the year for us is clearly Adam Stenavich.  He's done a great job with the Oline.  It seems like every week he needs to play musical chairs there, but the unit seems to step it up and get it done.  

I have been saying all year, we have an incredibly deep, and talented Oline.  Look no further than the Bears.  They don't have quality starters.  We lost two starters during the game, and didn't miss a beat.  And it is built with all different levels of initial investment.  

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe we should have our WR coach teach our defenders how to tackle...

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have been saying all year, we have an incredibly deep, and talented Oline.  Look no further than the Bears.  They don't have quality starters.  We lost two starters during the game, and didn't miss a beat.  And it is built with all different levels of initial investment.  

Two?  Who else besides Linsley went out?

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

AG#20 is right.   When you have a big lead like that who the hell cares if your opponent gets garbage points?   We kept everything in front of us and had them drive the length of the field and chew up clock.  The W is all that really matters.   In January nobody will care what the final score was as long as you win.

I still hate the philosophy .. pin your ears back and knock the snot out of the QB.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Two?  Who else besides Linsley went out?

Patrick went out late third or early 4th.  It was Turner at RG and Wagner at RT.  And you didn't even notice.  I saw Wagner, and thought they might have given Turner some rest, but it was Patrick that was out.  I have no idea what the issue was.  But this OL is good.