Week 12 Post Game: We won, so nobody cares

Norm

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Trubisky 3-1 record 19.7 ppg  9:5 TD:INT

Foles 2-5 record 16.7 ppg 10:8 TD:INT

Neither are great.  Bears are better with Mitch.

Never thought Foles was that good. Mitch was 3-1, I was surprised they made the change to Foles. Foles benefited from getting hot in the playoffs and winning a SB. I bet Trubisky's confidence was destroyed when they benched him considering they were 3-1 at the time given the Bears defense probably had a lot to do with that.

On a side note, Nagy needs to go for the Bears. For Montgomery to only have like 10 carries when I know the Bears have seen how bad the Packers run defense is, is beyond me. Seems like Nagy wanted Mitch to go out and beat the Packers when Montgomery should have gotten the ball close to 30 times and Mitch throwing 10 times.

14 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

On a side note, Nagy needs to go for the Bears. For Montgomery to only have like 10 carries when I know the Bears have seen how bad the Packers run defense is, is beyond me. Seems like Nagy wanted Mitch to go out and beat the Packers when Montgomery should have gotten the ball close to 30 times and Mitch throwing 10 times.

Part of that is a good offense makes a great defense.  Once we started running up the score, they had to start trying to even things up while up against the clock.  You can't abandon the run completely, but you might not get the results you need if you don't get some chunk plays and those come most often by air.

Also, outside of one obvious play, the D stared to shut down the running plays on a few series.  Once we got them in 3rd and long, just let our guys get after it and let Mitch do what he does.

19 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Never thought Foles was that good. Mitch was 3-1, I was surprised they made the change to Foles. Foles benefited from getting hot in the playoffs and winning a SB. I bet Trubisky's confidence was destroyed when they benched him considering they were 3-1 at the time given the Bears defense probably had a lot to do with that.

My coworker is a Bears fan so I watch a lot of Bears games. They benched him halfway through week 3. He was TERRIBLE for the first three quarters of week one then lit it up in the fourth. He waareally bad the second half of week 2 and the first half of week three. His benching was super justifiable. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Although I agree with Nagy needing to be canned, he doesn’t call the plays anymore and running the ball when you’re down between 20-30 for large stretches of the game isn’t going to help you. 

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Although I agree with Nagy needing to be canned, he doesn’t call the plays anymore and running the ball when you’re down between 20-30 for large stretches of the game isn’t going to help you. 

I disagree when you have Mitch at QB and a sub par Packers run defense. They could have easily ran the ball more, keeping the Packers offense off the field. They panicked and got unbalanced real quick. Hell if you run the ball, possibly takes some INTs off of Mitch, maybe even the fumble too that Smith returned, but it's all what if's, what if Montgomery would have fumbled it? 

Only 9 snaps for Kamal Martin on defense. He got banged up on ST but I believe he returned. Not sure why they immediately just inserted Kirksey back into a starting role when he didn't even look good the first few weeks of the season.

First of all, Pettine chose to open the game with this look lol. 2nd, what on earth was Kirksey even doing here

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Brees will be back by then. Also, if we win the NFCN, there's no way we can play a division winner in the first week, and I don't see the NFCE winner even challenging the team they face that week, so no I don't think there's any chance to face a QB from that division.

Is Cousins worse than Goff? Playing around w/ playoff machine and there were a number of MIN (7) @ GB (2) scenarios that popped up for me

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Only 9 snaps for Kamal Martin on defense. He got banged up on ST but I believe he returned. Not sure why they immediately just inserted Kirksey back into a starting role when he didn't even look good the first few weeks of the season.

First of all, Pettine chose to open the game with this look lol. 2nd, what on earth was Kirksey even doing here

He looks to be playing the QB keep. This has to be the worst defensive alignment I've ever seen in my life.

I don't know if it was just me king of being critical but it looked to me that Kirksey was pretty bad last night. He seemed late on diagnosing and reacting. It also looked like he made a couple business decision non tackles. Just curious what you guys thought/think. I have only watched the game live and will re-watch again.

9 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I just posted about Kirksey's play. He seemed pretty bad to me.

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I said I was done with Kirksey after this play lol. I just dont understand how you dont fill that gap .

Then again Martin looks responsible because we have two other players to fill strong side.

But then just me playing football says Kirksey make that play!!!

There was obviously a receiver on the outside he was keying on and couldn’t commit to run until he saw Montgomery with the ball. I’d say Martin is more to blame for getting sucked outside. 

ETA. Just say a better replay—they faked a WR screen which is what held Kirksey. Whoever that tweeter is is an ***:  “no idea what Kirksey is doing”. Stupid or a liar. 

Edited by mikebpackfan

17 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

We need Barnes back.