Week 12 Post Game: We won, so nobody cares

Norm

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:
5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i'd say probably anything for millions of dollars

Take out the word probably and I’m right there with you. 

"As part of this contract to accept this money, I promise to donate all of this money plus $10,000 to the Kardashians or you can put me in prison for the rest of the life."

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Divisional or championship does it matter when we get our hearts broken?

I'm just enjoying the ride and watching the supposed heartache. Pettine will be the downfall of this team but it sure is fun to vfc watch this offense when it's clicking!

16 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Had to watch this a bit delayed as I was doing some birthday stuff for my daughter. 

It’s always tempting in hindsight to say what an easy win, but we shouldn’t neglect how good the offense looked. I know Hicks is a big deal, but we still made them look like a college defense for most of the game. We had our way with them. Only real hiccup was the holding call. 

We still have a number of ascending players on defense, but would like to see them start rounding into form right about now. Gary is still getting good pressure and it was nice to see Savage make a couple plays.  But it’s just not enough to give me much hope for this year. Need more of that and need Martin to really settle in. Can Keke get any better over the next 2 months?  Would be nice. 

Hope so

Edited by coachbuns

3 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

There was obviously a receiver on the outside he was keying on and couldn’t commit to run until he saw Montgomery with the ball. I’d say Martin is more to blame for getting sucked outside. 

ETA. Just say a better replay—they faked a WR screen which is what held Kirksey. Whoever that tweeter is is an ***:  “no idea what Kirksey is doing”. Stupid or a liar. 

LOL .. Ok Kirky's dad. Pretty  harsh reaction; kirksey has not been that good.

Edited by coachbuns

33 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Keker has been somewhat of a disappointment for me. Expected more but not sure why. His play has been underwhelming for his pay grade.

Draft position?  He's getting paid like a 5th round rookie so that's not much to consider.  He's young and has been improving.  Not consistent yet but will get more snaps with Mont Adams out.  He has room to grow.

*I see you were probably talking about Kirksey.  Different story.  He brings a vet presence there but needs to produce more if he wants to finish that contract here.

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Draft position?  He's getting paid like a 5th round rookie so that's not much to consider.  He's young and has been improving.  Not consistent yet but will get more snaps with Mont Adams out.  He has room to grow.

*I see you were probably talking about Kirksey.  Different story.  He brings a vet presence there but needs to produce more if he wants to finish that contract here.

Yup kirksey ... keke ok

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just took the games started and added the points and divided by games played.  I haven't seen much of either this season.  Trubisky can be truly horrendous, and I have always viewed Foles as a guy that can keep you afloat, but isn't going to win a game for you.  I guess that the Bears had seen enough of Trubisky.  I'm honestly curious as to why they went back to him though.  I don't know how they would think that would work.

Similarly, I don't like that the Dolphins started Tua and then went back to Fitzpatrick.  I understand that you have a shot at the playoffs.  But let the young guy take some lumps and grow and learn.  

Tua hurt his thumb on his throwing hand in practice so that is why he didn't play.