Week 12 Post Game: We won, so nobody cares

Norm

20 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Only 9 snaps for Kamal Martin on defense. He got banged up on ST but I believe he returned. Not sure why they immediately just inserted Kirksey back into a starting role when he didn't even look good the first few weeks of the season.

First of all, Pettine chose to open the game with this look lol. 2nd, what on earth was Kirksey even doing here

Almost looks like he was watching Mitch to see if he kept the ball. I did like how the announcers were impressed with Preston's contain ability on a couple of plays and how they must have practiced against it. Little do they know, Preston either plays contain or pass coverage and once in a while he'll rush the passer.

36 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I don't know if it was just me king of being critical but it looked to me that Kirksey was pretty bad last night. He seemed late on diagnosing and reacting. It also looked like he made a couple business decision non tackles. Just curious what you guys thought/think. I have only watched the game live and will re-watch again.

You're right he was pretty bad.

1 hour ago, dwaye50327 said:

Never thought Foles was that good. Mitch was 3-1, I was surprised they made the change to Foles. Foles benefited from getting hot in the playoffs and winning a SB. I bet Trubisky's confidence was destroyed when they benched him considering they were 3-1 at the time given the Bears defense probably had a lot to do with that.

On a side note, Nagy needs to go for the Bears. For Montgomery to only have like 10 carries when I know the Bears have seen how bad the Packers run defense is, is beyond me. Seems like Nagy wanted Mitch to go out and beat the Packers when Montgomery should have gotten the ball close to 30 times and Mitch throwing 10 times.

I just took the games started and added the points and divided by games played.  I haven't seen much of either this season.  Trubisky can be truly horrendous, and I have always viewed Foles as a guy that can keep you afloat, but isn't going to win a game for you.  I guess that the Bears had seen enough of Trubisky.  I'm honestly curious as to why they went back to him though.  I don't know how they would think that would work.

Similarly, I don't like that the Dolphins started Tua and then went back to Fitzpatrick.  I understand that you have a shot at the playoffs.  But let the young guy take some lumps and grow and learn.  

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just took the games started and added the points and divided by games played.  I haven't seen much of either this season.  Trubisky can be truly horrendous, and I have always viewed Foles as a guy that can keep you afloat, but isn't going to win a game for you.  I guess that the Bears had seen enough of Trubisky.  I'm honestly curious as to why they went back to him though.  I don't know how they would think that would work.

Similarly, I don't like that the Dolphins started Tua and then went back to Fitzpatrick.  I understand that you have a shot at the playoffs.  But let the young guy take some lumps and grow and learn.  

I thought they started Trubisky cause Foles got hurt, same with Tua.