Week 12 Post Game: We won, so nobody cares

Norm

Can we get a standing O for that Jamal Williams grind them into bits series that culminated  in him crushing their souls as he took it to the end zone.  That was something special. 

*if you watch it on the game recap it starts at the 7:30 mark right after a great gain by EQ. I recommend setting the playback to slo-mo. You can watch JWill scorpion kick a tackler on his first carry, then get the short yardage, then take it to the house. He and the line crushed it on that series. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Also, LaFleur is good. Still has his issues of course, but you can say that about every HC. Still don't think this WR/TE group is overly impressive and yet this offense is one of the best in the NFL and Rodgers is playing his best football since 2011

Hopefully Lafleur is also good at picking DC's

Did you see him wanting to throw the red flag so hard when the TE had the inc. by the goal line that looked close to a fumble?  Good flag discipline from coach to keep it in hand. Saved a TO and the red zone D came through for us.

Edited by Refugee

Had to watch this a bit delayed as I was doing some birthday stuff for my daughter. 

It’s always tempting in hindsight to say what an easy win, but we shouldn’t neglect how good the offense looked. I know Hicks is a big deal, but we still made them look like a college defense for most of the game. We had our way with them. Only real hiccup was the holding call. 

We still have a number of ascending players on defense, but would like to see them start rounding into form right about now. Gary is still getting good pressure and it was nice to see Savage make a couple plays.  But it’s just not enough to give me much hope for this year. Need more of that and need Martin to really settle in. Can Keke get any better over the next 2 months?  Would be nice. 

The main positive is sacks, pressures, and turnovers are coming more and more for this defense.

I don’t care who the competition is... this group needs those to come to them so they feel good and enjoy playing defense. It’s the only hope for them to get better.

• Like 1

I was listening to Chicago radio, and watching some Bears-centric youtube.  I was hoping for some angry rants.  But the general feeling that I get is that they are pretty level-headed this year and know that they are in no man's land as they are too good for a premium draft pick, and they don't have a QB.  Most fans and analysts really want the GM fired, and probably the coach to go with him.  

Pretty good win.  Never was in doubt.  

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Thank you.  THANK YOU!!!

No.  Don't say thank you.  Somebody needs to be held accountable.  I'll thank someone when someone ****ing fires Pettine. 

I would rather give up 100 points in a loss than give up those two garbage touchdowns in a win. 

That is the time when you can unleash all hell because you don't have to worry about them catching up to you. 

We were up by 31 ****ing points with two minutes left in the third quarter. 

This is the perfect example of why I hate (I don't hate the man, I hate the man has the job) Pettine.  He's content.  Packers are winning we can give up two touchdowns without really sweating any.  So he proceeds to call the most vanilla got damn defense imaginable and lets them score two ****ing touchdowns. 

You don't get that from someone who has never been a head coach and who actually has aspirations. 

I was pissed when we went from one fired head coach content with being a defensive coordinator to another fired head coach content with being a defensive coordinator.

And for the love of God, McCarthy, have you not learned that's a horse**** strategy?

Pettine is McCarthy's parting **** you to Green Bay. 

But can we all just take a moment to LOL at Matt Nagy?

I mean... Imagine incomPettinece at the head coach level instead of just the coordinator level.

First run of the game Montgomery has a career long run. 
The very next play is another run for -1 yard after he just had a 57 yard run.
Montgomery has 9 yards per rushing attempt.

The Bears net rush attempt is with under 5 minutes left in the second quarter.

They ran the ball just 13 times.  Against the worst running defense in the NFL by far they ran it 13 times.

That's Preston Smith at cornerback dumb levels of coaching. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean... Imagine incomPettinece at the head coach level instead of just the coordinator level.

They ran the ball just 13 times.  Against the worst running defense in the NFL by far they ran it 13 times.

They played Dallas last night? They technically have the worst.

Green Bay is actually middle of the road in rush defense... number 12 I believe in avg yards per game.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah was thinking that too. I think if Nagy would have just ran the ball more, the bears could have made it closer. Honestly with how bad this run defense is, im surprised any teams try and pass on this defense. If I was an opposing coach, I'd do just what the 49ers did last year,  run the ball all game, pass it like 4 or 5 times unless GBs defense decides it will stop the run at something, but nothing suggest they can stop the run.

Just now, Green19 said:

They played Dallas last night? They technically have the worst.

Green Bay is actually middle of the road in rush defense... number 12 I believe in avg yards per game.

Because they're going up against teams like the Bears who only rush 13 times, have a career long run from their starting RB and then run it one more time before only 5 minutes remain in the second quarter. 

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  Don't say thank you.  Somebody needs to be held accountable.  I'll thank someone when someone ****ing fires Pettine. 

I would rather give up 100 points in a loss than give up those two garbage touchdowns in a win. 

That is the time when you can unleash all hell because you don't have to worry about them catching up to you. 

We were up by 31 ****ing points with two minutes left in the third quarter. 

This is the perfect example of why I hate (I don't hate the man, I hate the man has the job) Pettine.  He's content.  Packers are winning we can give up two touchdowns without really sweating any.  So he proceeds to call the most vanilla got damn defense imaginable and lets them score two ****ing touchdowns. 

You don't get that from someone who has never been a head coach and who actually has aspirations. 

I was pissed when we went from one fired head coach content with being a defensive coordinator to another fired head coach content with being a defensive coordinator.

And for the love of God, McCarthy, have you not learned that's a horse**** strategy?

Pettine is McCarthy's parting **** you to Green Bay. 

Those two drives took up a combined 9:40. We could have completely removed our offense from the game from that point on and let them score another 15 points again in 9:40 and we still would have won. 

There comes a point in a game where you gladly trade points for clock. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Those two drives took up a combined 9:40. We could have completely removed our offense from the game from that point on and let them score another 15 points again in 9:40 and we still would have won. 

There comes a point in a game where you gladly trade points for clock. 

No.

• Like 2

Don't think there are too many major takeaways from last night, but some thoughts I had

1. Gary is going to be a stud. The guy is getting very close to finishing the play, but there are always times where he affects the QB.

2. i really like the makeup of our WRs. Davante the stud. MVS that incredible deep threat, Lazard the tough blocker and third down guy and EQ the WC

• Like 2