MNF: Seahawks vs Eagles

Malfatron

winner  

23 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• seahawks
    • eagles
    • tie

I think Wentz is playing poorly, is low in confidence and scared to make plays in case of turnovers. The root cause of this is that he has awful WR and an awful O line and he is not being helped by a coach who is scared of Wentz getting injured so plays the same stuff play after play, week after week. 

Roseman needs to be the first one to go compiling this trash offense but Pederson certainly does not help it at all. As a coach you should always play to your players strengths, so maybe he needs to go as well.

5 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

I think Wentz is playing poorly, is low in confidence and scared to make plays in case of turnovers. The root cause of this is that he has awful WR and an awful O line and he is not being helped by a coach who is scared of Wentz getting injured so plays the same stuff play after play, week after week. 

His mechanics are absolutely F'd too. His stance is far too wide, he points his front toe about 60 degrees inwards of where he wants the ball to throw. No wonder he's so inaccurate. I agree he's not being helped, but there are fundamental issues there.

I just don't know why NOW it's coming back to haunt him

12 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

No one did this to them. The organization messed up/was unlucky, and because it was so widespread, you ended up getting a better shake than the Broncos did. 

Welcome to 2020. There are no competitive advantage postponements. Our team "lucked" out because the virus was continuing to spread in our locker room, and not in Denver's.

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Hebert almost has Wentz's 2017 stats you say?

The average passer rating in 2017 was 86.9 

• Wentz's 2017 season was 13 games. He was the clear frontrunner for MVP.
  • Wentz was 4th in passer rating and just 2.8 points away from 1st place.
  • He led his team to 30+ in 8 of 13 starts.
  • He had his team up 10-20 points in the 4th in many games so he handed off or sat late in those games.

The average passer rating in 2020 is 93.5

• Hebert is not in the top 200 of the MVP race. (losers who are 2-8 get no MVP consideration)
  • Hebert is 11th in passer rating and 16.5 points behind first place.
  • He led his team to 30+ in 4 games out of 10.
  • Hebert is a horrific 2-8 as a QB. He is throwing down the field on every drive because his team is trailing so often.

Compare a good-stats loser rookie to a league MVP level season more often. It really makes you look so smart.

Lmao. 

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

How are you so confident? What do you think happened to him?

Even if Pederson is gone in 2021?

I'm not going to lie and say I Have any idea what happened. I just know that the dude looks broken now and doesn't look like a quality NFL QB.  Who knows, maybe he never was; I think he's got about the same sample size of each and the great play is becoming more of the outlier...especially the further removed we are from it. I don't think that's the case, but its certainly a possibility. Maybe it was the injury, or maybe it was Reich. There are a lot of options to go with here. Between his play and contract, I think he's probably the least desirable QB in the NFL right now, and that is not hyperbole. Maybe I'm missing someone, but a quick thought in my head through the roladex of Qbs and salaries would have him at the bottom (the contract structure is obviously not his fault).

The thing that worries me is that mentally, he just looks completely fractured right now. That good be a byproduct of the sacks, specifically this year, the previous injury, etc. His mental processing is horrific right now. He's not seeing the field well at all. Honestly, what I'm seeing is probably a lot of the same thing you are, and I'm just making my judgment on that. As bad as the surrounding cast can be, it doesn't hold much weight because his play is so bad independent of them, and that is troubling. 

The reason I'm confident that he's done with the Eagles is honestly just a confluence of things. One, I don't think Pederson (and likely not Wentz) are going anywhere. I don't think that the Pederson / Wentz dynamic is working right. Secondarily, I'm highly bearish on the Eagles short term future. I don't think that this situation is getting better, especially next season. Having Wentz try to hero ball his way out of a team that could be even worse next season is not the way to fix him in my opinion. At that point, he's a very high paid quarterback yielding very little in the way of positive results and we know how that goes. He's already set up to fail there in my opinion because i think he's already circling his "last chance season", and it's going to be on what I believe will be a very bad team. From a financial standpoint, it's absolutely not out of line for the Eagles to trade him for nominal value next season (if that's all his market bears) just to get out from under the deal, no matter whether some eagles fans think it's a "dumb" idea. Some of his 2022 guarantees in 2021 and in a season where we are already looking at potentially benching them, how much does anyone really want to commit to him beyond the immediate, upcoming season? Hell, I wouldn't even want to commit to him for 2021, they are just forced into it based on the structure...but they have an out to not allow for anything to guarantee in 2022 at least. That's a tough spot for the eagles (the Vikings are in a similar one with Cousins for 2022, and he's playing much better, though the salary guarantee is higher)

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Who knows, maybe he never was; I think he's got about the same sample size of each and the great play is becoming more of the outlier...especially the further removed we are from it. I don't think that's the case, but its certainly a possibility. 

Interesting post, read whole thing and agree for most part. It’s no secret we are locked to Wentz through 2021, so that’s why he remains unbenched, although I think just accepting he’s broken and not fixable midseason, and benching him, would be best scenario. Politics seem to be preventing such a move.

The above I quoted, a narrative I see far too often, I have to comment on. Wentz wasn’t only good in 2017, he was only elite in 2017. 2018 and 2019 he was still good. A disappointment? Sure, relative to 2017 bar he set for himself, but nobody was questioning his status as a franchise QB last December. So if we’re going to say he was never good and this legitimate league worst QB is the real Wentz, then Doug managed to fool the league and work magic for 3 years, as Wentz was at least average in 18-19 (and given situation I’d argue top 12 QB but that is a different argument and not necessary to drive home the point). We’re either looking at the most inexplicable drop off ever for a QB, or a fluke year. Former feels more and more likely every game unfortunately, but even then I do think he is owed another season to start, contract or not, based on what he has shown (given contract, he’ll get that regardless).