Week 13: Eagels at Packers

packfanfb

On 12/2/2020 at 11:43 PM, Joe said:

He won't need to complete throws too often though because as bad as their OL is, they can still run the ball effectively. If we're going to win this game, we have to defeat their DL and wear them out. Keep Carson off the field and get physical in the passing game. Take as much time as possible in the huddle and eat the clock.

So shorten the game ...

Why ?   That's the sort of strategy you might go for if you are underdog. Shortening the game means fewer drives means more chance of an upset. Unless we think Philadelphia is the much stronger side that doesn't really make sense. A defense doesn't get worn out by standing around waiting for the game to start. If anything they would get worn out by faster tempo.

TOP is by a country mile the most pointless stat in the NFL.  Number of snaps on offence is relevant. TOP is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

Is Dillon basically one of the first players in the NFL to actually be "sick" from COVID? The guy has been on the COVID list for like 5 weeks and I feel like across the league, just about every player (at least those worth noting) who goes on that list with a positive test, immediately comes off of it the first day they are eligible. I haven't seen another player this year miss more than 1 game (which is mandatory with a positive test), other than Dillon (and Barnes). 

I know this can't really be a thing because it's supposedly monitored by an outside health authority, but it definitely seems like "important" players always come of the list immediately when eligible, while maybe lesser players stay on a bit longer... 

Edited by packfanfb

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Is Dillon basically one of the first players in the NFL to actually be "sick" from COVID? The guy has been on the COVID list for like 5 weeks and I feel like across the league, just about every player (at least those worth noting) who goes on that list with a positive test, immediately comes off of it the first day they are eligible. I haven't seen another player this year miss more than 1 game (which is mandatory with a positive test), other than Dillon (and Barnes). 

I know this can't really be a thing because it's supposedly monitored by an outside health authority, but it definitely seems like "important" players always come of the list immediately when eligible, while maybe lesser players stay on a bit longer... 

We have no idea, we don't really need him. Could just be another way to "IR" a guy. Now that Linsley is hurt, we can IR him and bring Dillon back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

According to his Twitter feed, he's not been well at all.  Not sure if he's the worst player case in the league or not, but he's been hit pretty hard by this thing.  Yet another example of the very unpredictable nature of this virus.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, vegas492 said:

Interesting.  Not saying you are wrong at all.  But, in my book, when you play a defense as fast and as physical as theirs, I'm going uptempo on offense to try to gas them.

It'll be interesting to see.

That IDL doesn't get gassed - not with Fletcher Cox on the field. I live near Philly and I see all their games. Their defense loses its momentum if you slow down the game believe it or not and it's because the players will overanalyze what's about to happen like we saw early on in the Seattle game. When Pittsburgh beat them earlier this year, they slowed down the game and ran to set up the pass. That's why you saw Chase Claypool blow up in that game. This is a game where MVS could have a 3 TD day.

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

According to his Twitter feed, he's not been well at all.  Not sure if he's the worst player case in the league or not, but he's been hit pretty hard by this thing.  Yet another example of the very unpredictable nature of this virus.

Does he talk about his experience?  I see that he is back in the building but don’t know if he’s had serious symptoms. I’d guess it was bad enough to keep him out this long. This whole year has been one of setbacks with him, starting from the 2020 offseason.

I really hope we get a glimpse of what he can do this year. I think he can be great but that’s based off of college games. let’s go AJD!

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We have no idea, we don't really need him. Could just be another way to "IR" a guy. Now that Linsley is hurt, we can IR him and bring Dillon back.

I think that's exactly what we're doing. Stash him and Love and other guys on that list that were chosen as investments for the future and bring in veterans or younger veterans(1st/2nd year) and see what we can get now vs. what we know we'll have later.

39 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think that's exactly what we're doing. Stash him and Love and other guys on that list that were chosen as investments for the future and bring in veterans or younger veterans(1st/2nd year) and see what we can get now vs. what we know we'll have later.

Love came off the list right away, assuming he was just a contact risk. Barnes has already been reinstated so maybe there’s just a roster game going on, or maybe Dillon really did get hit harder with it. I feel like the league would require tests to show positive or negative if you wanted to move a player around on that list. 

12 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

So shorten the game ...

Why ?   That's the sort of strategy you might go for if you are underdog. Shortening the game means fewer drives means more chance of an upset. Unless we think Philadelphia is the much stronger side that doesn't really make sense. A defense doesn't get worn out by standing around waiting for the game to start. If anything they would get worn out by faster tempo.

TOP is by a country mile the most pointless stat in the NFL.  Number of snaps on offence is relevant. TOP is irrelevant. 

The down side to that being the possibility of the offense making mistakes....

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

Does he talk about his experience?  I see that he is back in the building but don’t know if he’s had serious symptoms. I’d guess it was bad enough to keep him out this long. This whole year has been one of setbacks with him, starting from the 2020 offseason.

I really hope we get a glimpse of what he can do this year. I think he can be great but that’s based off of college games. let’s go AJD!

He didn’t go into details about his condition, other than mentioning having to go into the hospital and facing setbacks in his recovery.  He seemed very concerned and asked for prayers many times.  He seems like a really solid human being all around.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

mo bamba (an orlando magic player if you're not a hoop fan) has had covid since august 

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead has been out since preseason, and it was reported in late October that he would miss the entire season due to "complications from COVID-19." Haven't heard a peep about it all year. I hope the guy is okay...