TABT

CBears019

Played a VR game for playstation 4 last weekend at my brothers.  I'm not generally overly impressed with gaming tech, but that was pretty impressive.

True visual 3d gaming immersion.  Not where it could be where it looks like reality or a star trek holodeck or anything, but still pretty cool.  After playing for 10 minutes or so you have no idea what direction your body is actually facing anymore because you are twisting around looking at things in a 360 degree view.  

WIll be interesting when they start to add things like they have at Disney World to enhance to the illlusion; belt pressure, wind,  pokes, sprinkles of water, that kind of thing.  

I will wait and buy the next generation of it and play this version at my brothers house.   World keeps on turning.

Raining non stop as well.  Had to extend my sump pump hose.  Every hardware store was out, finally found one at an Ace.  

Oh and I also totally kicked this guys butt who stole my generator.   I didn't have any reputation to scare him off, so I worked him with a lead pipe for a few hours until he gave me an address where he fenced it.  I went to the address, but it was an MS 13 lair.  I wasn't equipped to deal with that so I purchased a hand grenade from a guy I know who gets things.  Guy lives 45 miles from me.  So that was a pain.  Got back out to the liar around midnight,  I kicked the door and tossed the grenade in.  The grenade only got 4 of them, but the rest were disoriented enough that I could finish them with my 9.   There were kids and women upstairs, but I have a code.  A man has to draw the line somewhere.  

Turns out they needed the generator to keep their sump pump running or their basement would flood.  Felt kind of bad at that point, they didn't know it was stolen from me.  And it did seem a little overkill for a $300 generator, especially when the grenade cost me $400, but I can't unring a bell know what I mean?   

So that was my weekend.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Played a VR game for playstation 4 last weekend at my brothers.  I'm not generally overly impressed with gaming tech, but that was pretty impressive.

True visual 3d gaming immersion.  Not where it could be where it looks like reality or a star trek holodeck or anything, but still pretty cool.  After playing for 10 minutes or so you have no idea what direction your body is actually facing anymore because you are twisting around looking at things in a 360 degree view.  

What did you play? (Assuming, that is, that you actually played a VR game. :)

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'd love to try Skyrim in VR. Granted I've never played anything VR, but assume I'd like the VR experience. 

I wanna play Fallout 4 in VR but tbh I have legit concerns about how my subconscious would react to thinking a Deathclaw is actually in front of me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wanna play Fallout 4 in VR but tbh I have legit concerns about how my subconscious would react to thinking a Deathclaw is actually in front of me. 

Oh yeah! i forgot they were supposed to fix a ton of bugs they had on Fallout 4.

Seeing the Prydwen overhead would be AMAZING

Deathclaws would be terrifying to come up on, like Dark Souls Mimics when you're not ready for them.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'd love to try Skyrim in VR. Granted I've never played anything VR, but assume I'd like the VR experience. 

Not me. I love video games, but give me a big TV, sound system, etc. Or, hell, even a little TV, for that matter. Gaming, to me, doesn't mean strapping a thing to my face...

24 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

we just gonna ignore the rest of his post?

I'm thinkin' I will, yeah. Got enough issues of my own. :S

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Not me. I love video games, but give me a big TV, sound system, etc. Or, hell, even a little TV, for that matter. Gaming, to me, doesn't mean strapping a thing to my face...

That's fair. I'm open to trying it, but like you IDK if it would bother me having it right on me. I'm sure by the time I actually try it there will be the 2nd generation out, and again I will be outdated. :D

30 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

we just gonna ignore the rest of his post?

Feels safe to say I was just being mocked. Meh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That's fair. I'm open to trying it, but like you IDK if it would bother me having it right on me. I'm sure by the time I actually try it there will be the 2nd generation out, and again I will be outdated. :D

Feels safe to say I was just being mocked. Meh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ws just playing sugar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I ws just playing sugar. 

It's all good bud. I wasn't taking insult to it or anyting I actually had a pretty good laugh out of it. I signed over my pride a long time ago and this wedding ring I'm wearing is a constant reminder. LOL

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Oh yeah! i forgot they were supposed to fix a ton of bugs they had on Fallout 4.

Seeing the Prydwen overhead would be AMAZING

Deathclaws would be terrifying to come up on, like Dark Souls Mimics when you're not ready for them.

Feeling like I was actually inside the power armor would be sick too. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Feeling like I was actually inside the power armor would be sick too. 

I remember being little and IDK if it was Universal Studios, Disneyland or whatever but I remember sitting and having a harness on like a rollercoaster. Each seat had little speakers behind us and we shifted, watched a dragon come up, etc and it was awesome. Engineering that made it so great though was simple stuff. Like when the lights went out and the dragon breathed down our necks, there we just small pressurized heated air ducts behind the headrest. When eventually a missile hit the dragon there was a big explosion from each speaker and the main ones, and then there was thick splats of waterdrops that flew down on us.

I'd love if the armor had just a few tiny air ducts to "hit" us when were were getting damaged, or small vibrations each step that were synchronized through the helmet and gloves for example. There's a ton of things that would simply make the experience incredible.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 2:12 PM, Heinz D. said:

What did you play? (Assuming, that is, that you actually played a VR game. :)

It was some soldier game.  But he had like 6 of them.  Only one I had time to try.  Not any better than any other soldier game, but it was really cool to be able to look in every direction - up, down, side to side and behind you in 3D.

• Like 1