2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

It works for Snead. They field a playoff roster, all things considered. They'll have to find starters and quality depth in the middle and later rounds to make it work though going forward.

I guess. The Rams have been a fraud to me for the last few years since their Super Bowl year. 

14 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I guess. The Rams have been a fraud to me for the last few years since their Super Bowl year. 

Well what are we then??

In 3 years they've made it to the SB, missed the playoffs the following year and picked up a playoff win against a divisional rival this year. And they're looking like the odds on favorite to win the division next year.  That doesn't scream fraud to me.

Do they mortgage their future for the now? Absolutely. But its hard to argue against the results if we're being objective. Their roster management style isn't for everybody but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Not saying that they're definitely heading to a SB here soon but at least Snead goes for it when the opportunities present themselves. As a fan, that's all you can really ask for.

You can operate in several different ways as an organization. No one way is the right answer. Rams like to trade for establish players and don't mind giving up their first round picks. That ends up putting them in a tough position cap wise but they get PROVEN talent and will always be in contention. I respect the way they operate. Will it always work? Of course not. But going the other way of just drafting and hoping to hit on your picks doesn't always work either. Rams have damn near sacrificed their entire depth with the moves they have made. Luckily for them, they have been fortunate in terms of injuries the last four years so it hasn't mattered too much. Though last year with Whitworth's injury and then later Goff/Donald, they finally got hit with it at the absolute wrong time. If their top guys stay healthy again, the team will win its usual 10 or so games. If they start facing more injuries? Well, they won't have the depth to overcome it and may end up finishing in the bottom 10.

Anyways, as more and more reports start coming out, it was clear that the Lions were the ones that kept putting our names out as being serious candidates for Stafford. I know Stafford had the Niners on his shortlist of teams he wanted to play with but the Lions wanted to just increase Stafford's value for a trade. And after the Panthers threw in the #8 pick, it was pretty much nothing we could have done to get him even if we were interested and willing to part ways with the #12 pick. Well played by them and once again, congrats to Javi and the crew for being used as absolute pawns! 

• Like 5

I don't know who he is, and Vincent Frank has already given Forbes a bad name, but I had to post this because I just find it hilarious as this will just never go away until Shanny gets fired or Kirk retires lol. It'd be funny to move from the 4th best QB in the division to...the 4th best qb in the division (and I say that as someone who believe that Kirk gets a little bit of a bad rap all things considered). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know who he is, and Vincent Frank has already given Forbes a bad name, but I had to post this because I just find it hilarious as this will just never go away until Shanny gets fired or Kirk retires lol. It'd be funny to move from the 4th best QB in the division to...the 4th best qb in the division (and I say that as someone who believe that Kirk gets a little bit of a bad rap all things considered). 

I wouldn’t trade much for Kirk, but in my opinion he’s an upgrade over Jimmy. 

52 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well what are we then??

In 3 years they've made it to the SB, missed the playoffs the following year and picked up a playoff win against a divisional rival this year. And they're looking like the odds on favorite to win the division next year.  That doesn't scream fraud to me.

Do they mortgage their future for the now? Absolutely. But its hard to argue against the results if we're being objective. Their roster management style isn't for everybody but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Not saying that they're definitely heading to a SB here soon but at least Snead goes for it when the opportunities present themselves. As a fan, that's all you can really ask for.

I still think they're frauds. I also think the same about the Seahawks as well. If they didn't have Wilson, they'd be a 6-7 win team. Seahawks are always lucky, so the Rams beating them in the playoffs this year isn't all that impressive to me. 

Just looking at the Rams roster and their -$35 mil cap space isn't impressive to me and it's all going to catch up with them in a few years.

Their window is now and it's not a strong contention team. Their O-line is bad, their QB spot is better but now older, their top 2 passing targets are on the cusp of 30 yrs old, and outside of Donald and Ramsey, their defense seems fluky to me. And they have no money and no draft picks to make the team better without drastic changes to their core or destroying the adjacent-core.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He quietly throw 35 tds this past year? lol. Eh I guess if it all came down to it, I wouldn't mind....

Atleast he's on the field...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

We got to stop giving these folks any shine or time of the day. I mean another easy connection made here with how much Shanahan likes Cousins. I highly doubt the Vikings would want to get rid of Cousins right now with the amount of cap hit it would take and quite frankly, he's a good QB. They had some bad injury luck early in the season but they should be in contention to make the playoffs next year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We got to stop giving these folks any shine or time of the day. I mean another easy connection made here with how much Shanahan likes Cousins. I highly doubt the Vikings would want to get rid of Cousins right now with the amount of cap hit it would take and quite frankly, he's a good QB. They had some bad injury luck early in the season but they should be in contention to make the playoffs next year.

That's what I just said as well. Like, how does that make any sense for Minny? Take the niners out of the equation and someone tell me why Minnesota should do it? The only thing I can think of would be that minnesota wants to get out from under that 2022 guaranteed salary, but where does that leave them QB wise? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's what I just said as well. Like, how does that make any sense for Minny? Take the niners out of the equation and someone tell me why Minnesota should do it? The only thing I can think of would be that minnesota wants to get out from under that 2022 guaranteed salary, but where does that leave them QB wise? 

There's blood in the water with QBs on the move this offseason and everyone is just throwing anything at the wall in hopes that they hit on a rumor coming true so they can feel validated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If it was a Lions type situation with new decisionmakers in place i could see it. They traded for him and gave him this deal and so far he has been exactly what he was when they did those things. He isn't great sure and severely overpaid but cutting or trading him only makes the situation they are in worse.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

considering i love lucy GIF

That honestly doesn't surprise me. Stafford and Cousins are both good-to-great. I'd say Stafford is a little better talent wise but Cousins edges him out because of the better coaching staff and team-stability. 

Talent-wise, I'm not really sure Cousins puts us in a better position to win a SB than Jimmy G does. But when you factor in availability, Cousins wins that by a country mile. Cousins has only missed 1 game since 2015 and that 1 game he missed is because they sat him week 17 in 2019 after locking up the 6th seed in week 16.

Since becoming our starting QB in 2018, Jimmy G has missed 23 games out 48 total games. 

• Like 2