Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

50 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Agreed, they gotta start building some depth behind these starters on the OL and DL. These re-tread guys we have on roster aren't anything to write home about. We've gotten lucky so far with injuries, but I wouldn't want any of them playing into the future. You have to have guys behind starters that can be groomed. This is what the successful FO's do to sustain success at the position.

There are going to be some cap casualties/FA's that walk in the coming seasons and you have to have guys behind them that can be groomed and ready to plug-in if needed.

i agree with you and @ravishingone 

but dare i say.... our OLine coaching is becoming great?? Cappa emerging, Marpet became a star, Jensen got even better, even Stinnie looked decent albeit next to Wirfs

either way we still need to draft depth because yeahhhh Haeg & Wells are NOT going to cut it, when Marpet went down we looked awful

The most important places to have depth are OL/DL/CB.

Invest in spot starters that can eventually take over. Jeremy Zuttah type guys in the third round are good investments. We need depth behind Shaq and JPP. Nelson is not the future replacement for JPP. Start grooming one now so in 2 years he will be ready to step in. Pass rush is key

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xlfrosti said:

I would like a double dip on Edge rushers this year and Oline as well.

Yeah I wouldn't mind this at all. But, Suh is gonna be gone I think. Nacho is damn good, but I'd like another big guy for the middle/DE. Of course, gotta see who might be available via free agency too. If we let Godwin go, ugh, hurts to say 😢.. but it would free up space for a good D-line addition. 

28 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind this at all. But, Suh is gonna be gone I think. Nacho is damn good, but I'd like another big guy for the middle/DE. Of course, gotta see who might be available via free agency too. If we let Godwin go, ugh, hurts to say 😢.. but it would free up space for a good D-line addition. 

I think our free agency is gonna be spending to keep who we have. Maybe a vet minimum depth signing or two.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:23 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i agree with you and @ravishingone 

but dare i say.... our OLine coaching is becoming great?? Cappa emerging, Marpet became a star, Jensen got even better, even Stinnie looked decent albeit next to Wirfs

either way we still need to draft depth because yeahhhh Haeg & Wells are NOT going to cut it, when Marpet went down we looked awful

Agree on the coaching doing a nice job coaching up these young guys. All the more reason to invest in some OL depth in the draft, so coaching staff can coach them up over the near future and hopefully produce some starters... 

• Like 1

Trask and jones have very similar attributes, they are very alex smith ish to me, they can handle the game very well with great weapons around them but if either one of them went to a team like washington i feel like they would struggle. They arent world beaters, if we go down 2 plus scores then i would have zero faith in either one of them.

That being said with the right coaching and a great QB teaching them who knows how good they could be.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Trask and jones have very similar attributes, they are very alex smith ish to me, they can handle the game very well with great weapons around them but if either one of them went to a team like washington i feel like they would struggle. They arent world beaters, if we go down 2 plus scores then i would have zero faith in either one of them.

That being said with the right coaching and a great QB teaching them who knows how good they could be.

Agree.  I have little faith in a Bama QB.  He throws to multiple 1st rounders at WR and at least 3 or mor oline drafted to the NFL each yr.

Trask, I have a little more faith to develop, but he does seem like a "safe" pick for a Qb prospect.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Agree.  I have little faith in a Bama QB.  He throws to multiple 1st rounders at WR and at least 3 or mor oline drafted to the NFL each yr.

Trask, I have a little more faith to develop, but he does seem like a "safe" pick for a Qb prospect.

IMO if u wanna take a QB take one in the 3 or 4th round, 

Dont wanna take one in the 1st and then maybe brady wants to come back after his contract is up and we are stuck for a 1st round QB for a while either wait til next year or take on late