McCarthyism Mafia-Workers of the World Unite!

Daniel

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

It's not a life judgment.  It was in the rules, yall got reminders on Day 1, and three town deaths probably doomed the town.  With those additional players, especially Josh, town would have had a few more chances to find swoosh.

I can't think of a more apt set of LVPs.

If I was enough of a loser to actually have read your rules I would not have signed up in the first place tbh

On 12/21/2020 at 2:05 PM, Malfatron said:

i mean, the most compelling evidence was in front of us the whole time

@swoosh

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/profile/643-tugboat/

OTHER INFORMATION

• Job
    Soviet Spy.
  • Hobbies
    Whatever and stuff.

Lol I didn’t even think about this. But rest assured everyone, at midnight tonight on Christmas Eve, I will fully read as red. 

On 12/21/2020 at 3:55 PM, Malfatron said:

Well our 1 vs 1 turned into a common goal to lynch the other town lol.

still, it was nice.

damn, i was so sure too lol

Big time chasing in circles. Well done us. 

On 12/21/2020 at 5:36 PM, squire12 said:

In case anyone cares why Mwil survived the first vote elimination.
Daniel said a coin flip kept him alive.

Lol. That whole thing was both a benefit to MWil and town,  but at the same time...so detrimental in how scummy it made him seem to all us keen town folk. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 7:33 AM, Daniel said:

@Beavis and @mission27 disappeared quickly.  Beavis completely stopped posting and mission came back after he died, unaware that he died.  The collectively share LVP honors with @JoshstraDaymus.

@Tugboat surprised me by being pretty active in the late game.  With how much he talked about being inactive, he wasn't, even as a vanilla.  Unfortunately, he was led around by the scum with most of the survivors.

@swoosh is the Town MVP.  Swoosh was on all three non-town players early and loudly.  He didn't get fooled by the Santa claim that Shady threw out, and was one of the players that wanted to lynch him earlier than he was.  Had town followed him there, they would have eliminated the cult on Day 3.  And he found the scum without any abilities.  He did a good job playing prevent after he was converted too.

@Shady Slim had a less than perfect game, drawing suspicion early from several players and getting his recruit blocked by MWil, but then he wisely converted swoosh.  If he'd attempted to convert Orca, Orca would die and a vanilla would have inherited the cop role.  Instead, he grabbed the player most overtly against him and bcb who would be above suspicion. It changed the game from an easy town win to a red victory.  Also, he deserves ScuMVP just for selling a Santa Claus fake claim.

Thanks everyone for playing another weird game of mine.  Had fun running it, despite all the ****ups, and hope you all did too.

Imagine being McCarthy, in a McCarthyism game, and accidentally getting modkilled.  lol.  But honestly, it can happen to anyone.

I mean, heck yeah...participation award!  I'll take it!!!  Surprisingly active!  Despite completely missing an entire "day" of the game in an evening.  🙃  That's really why i prefer the idea of more rigidly fixed schedule games, even if there's a hammer.  It's just so hard to keep track of things at all times all day.  And it's a sucky feeling to spend the evening doing other stuff only to come back and read through 30+ pages, only to realize that you've missed an entire day and night phase.  Feel like that ultimately became a big rallying point in @MWil23 @Malfatron and i all just sorta circling our town selves pointing fingers until we wiped ourselves out.  lol.  That's my great fear when it comes to "participation".

In any event, @swoosh honestly probably earned the unique distinction of being MVP for both sides.  Just a masterfully played game on all fronts.  I have no idea how that radar got dialed in so well as Town, but it was money.  Then riding a pretty smooth consistency after the flip.  There were a couple moments where i was kinda wondering if i'd been getting played the entire time.  But i absolutely never saw a convert in it.  Just through and through, a "tail wagging the dog" performance for the ages.

I can see the argument for @Shady Slim as mafia MVP, because without him...it never would've survived.  Brilliant choice of convert, and an absolutely epic bluff with the Santa thing to buy himself that one more night needed.  I was so skeptical of why they wanted that one extra day so badly.  But then i effed up and moved off it.  So close, and yet so far.  Bluffing Santa Claus in a Commie-hunting mafia game, isn't something i'll soon forget.  Big kudos.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2020 at 5:57 PM, Malfatron said:

this game i learned that santa wasnt real

59559da1528138c7c658fd48eff9c36a.gif

actually it was the perfect allegory for santa if u ask me

yall believed in santa for one night, and in doing so he brought joy to all of you. and then as soon as you stopped believing in him the magic disappeared 

• Like 1