the DAMN Cowboys vs Not So Niners

resilient part 2

DL, OL, LB, S, OL, DL, CB

We don't need: RB, WR,TE, QB, FB. K, 

Don't know who said it but draft OL and DL early and often.

We got 3 solid WR. I like our TE rotation when Jarwin returns, QB, Dak, Dalton 3rd string?

Defense???? Not sure. Wtf, last 2 games they have like 7 TOs, defensive TDs, offense is converting into TDs, I don't know what's going on, but they looked like dirt and now they are playing defense.

14 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There are two safeties on a base defense. Wilson will be one, the other is TBD.

I think early round 3 could be a sweet spot for safeties in this draft. Could work out well for us.

Agree.  Personally, if I'm taking a safety early he needs to be a game changer.  In a perfect world I would love to see us land a game changing DT.  I love the thought of constant  pressure/disruption up the middle.

2 hours ago, Northland said:

Agree.  Personally, if I'm taking a safety early he needs to be a game changer.  In a perfect world I would love to see us land a game changing DT.  I love the thought of constant  pressure/disruption up the middle.

I agree. I just don’t think that DT is available early in the first round this year. And any of the DTs available in round 2 are likely to be inferior to Gallimore in his 2nd season. But we’ll have to see how the draft process plays out before we know for sure. If we want to beef up the interior DL for 2020, I think FA or trade would be the path for that.

17 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Is Gallimore a 3 technique DT? Or we using him as NT? 

He’s a 3T.

11 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

I'm not sure about early every year. But in general yes, every year

I also think taking a QB every year is vital. Be it in the 1st or 7th. I think you should always spend draft resources on a QB. Even if you have a Patrick Mahomes under center. If the rookie you draft shows out in preseason they tend to be easy to flip.

You guys remember when Cooper Rush had an amazing, Dak-like preseason?(38/51 - 398 yards - 6 TDs - 0 ints.)

We should have traded him right then and there, and signed a new third stringer. Someone was going to give up a future 3rd-5th for him. Not a bad return on a 7th. 

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

So the question next year is who is the 3T starter? Gallimore or Hill. And Woods CANNOT be the starter at NT. We do need a traditional fattie NT. I'm hoping we go after Hankins in FA. Been wanting him for a few years. 

Would you be surprised if neither of our 2021 starting DTs are currently on the roster? I wouldn't.

They aren't going into 2021 relying on Hill, given the injury. The question is whether Gallimore has shown enough to make him our #1. I'd guess they'd rather have him in a rotational role.