2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

He’s not a FA but I wonder if a guy like Danielle Hunter would be available via a trade. Back to back 14.5 sack years spent 2020 recovering. Not even in his prime yet at the age of 26. Vikings defense is in that rebuild mode. 

I think you have to strongly be aggressive in the trade market where you can go after a young proven player with that 17th pick.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if Ingram got 15 a year at his age and not overall great production the last 3 years. I would be mad if the Raiders gave him that. 

I would take Williams. He should honestly be their first call.

Marcus Williams 

Desmond King

If you can’t get Williams I would take a guy like Trey Hendrickson but I do see the obvious fit with Yannick

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I mean the Idea of bringing Williams back for 5m sounds great but if he doesn’t play cuz he’s gets hurt again then its Another wasted 5m on top of all the other wasted money he’s gotten.  I’d rather just move on to be honest.... I think he could have fought thru the pain and played this year but choose not to.

If he quit on us then that is something else but I believe $5 is worth the risk and shores up the WR room with Agholor.  Same thing with Brown.  If he wants to sign for $7 I would do that also.  He is not worth the risk at %10+.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He’s not a FA but I wonder if a guy like Danielle Hunter would be available via a trade. Back to back 14.5 sack years spent 2020 recovering. Not even in his prime yet at the age of 26. Vikings defense is in that rebuild mode. 

I think you have to strongly be aggressive in the trade market where you can go after a young proven player with that 17th pick.

One of the best DE's in the game.  Absolutely dominant.  It appears he has a pretty severe neck issue but if he checks out I would love him in the Silver and Black.  I am sure it's a pipe dream bc the Vikings would have to be insane to trade a healthy Hunter...

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I would be surprised if Ingram got 15 a year at his age and not overall great production the last 3 years. I would be mad if the Raiders gave him that. 

I would take Williams. He should honestly be their first call.

Marcus Williams 

Desmond King

If you can’t get Williams I would take a guy like Trey Hendrickson but I do see the obvious fit with Yannick

I remember seeing a breakdown of Trey Hendrickson’s sacks, I believe the link was posted on this board but I could be wrong, and it showed that the vast vast majority of his sacks were “low quality” aka Coverage, etc and his sack total was not likely to be repeated.... I’m not saying he won’t have another big sack Year simply pointing out it was an interesting article.

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kyle Long coming out of retirement and bashed the Bears. Could be a cheaper and younger Richie if we kick the tires and want to save for a defense....

Kyle Long was DONE when he retired... his body broke down.  I wouldn’t trust him to stay healthy or play at a high level.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-ranking-the-nfls-top-50-free-agents

Projected deals for guys that we could target:

• Justin Simmons: 5 yr/$82.5M ($16.5M APY) 

• Anthony Harris: 4 yr/$60M ($15M APY)

• Shaq Barrett: 4 yr/$68M ($17M APY)

• Marcus Williams: 4 yr/$52M ($13M APY)

• Desmond King: 3 yr/$17.5M ($5.8 APY)

• Leonard Williams: 4 yr/$72M ($18M APY)

• John Johnson III: 4 yr/$50M ($12.5M APY)

• Marcus Maye: 4 yr/$55M ($13.7M APY)

• Bud Dupree: 5 yr/$90M ($18M APY)

• Melvin Ingram: 3 yr/$45M ($15M APY)

• Quinton Dunbar: 2 yr/$12M ($6M APY)

• Yannick Ngakoue: 4 yr/$70M ($17.5M APY)

• Matt Judon: 4 yr/$64M ($16M APY)

• Dalvin Tomlinson: 4 yr/$52.5M ($13.1M APY)

I noticed they didn’t project us to Sign a single one of the FAs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hopefully John Simpson can take a leap and be a starting caliber player next year, that would allow us to move on from Gabe Jackson. Bring back Good on a reasonable deal and draft Daniel Faalele in round 3 to be Trent's replacement if we cut him. 

The thought of (Miller) Simpson (Hudson) Good Faalele makes me want to petition the league for a TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) exemption to help him lose weight and actually be a man and keep him and Jackson around.

Just because we have a massive RT in TB doesn’t mean when we replace him we gotta go with a massive RT.  

Good stepped in and played well for a backup forced into a starting role but he isn’t an ideal starter.  His pass blocking wasn’t horrible this year but was slighly below average.  Simpson also needs to make a big leap to win the starting job.  Simpson and Good as starting Guards would mean lots of interior pressure on Carr.

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I noticed they didn’t project us to Sign a single one of the FAs

Lol Let's just say players aren't beating down the door to come play in LV and get embarrassed every Sunday.  We will most likely have to overpay once again bc both players and agents know the Raiders organization is the place to go to have your NFL career die.  I cant even think of the last time we signed a FA who turned out to be a stud.  How pathetic is that?  

37 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Just because we have a massive RT in TB doesn’t mean when we replace him we gotta go with a massive RT.  

Cable likes big offensive tackles. Since he has been back we've added:

• Kolton Miller: 6'8" 325

• Brandon Parker: 6'8" 320

• Trent Brown: 6'8" 370

• Sam Young: 6'8" 320

If we're looking for a guy in a similar mold in rounds 2-4 some prospects we might consider: 

• Daniel Faalele, Minnesota: 6'8" 400

• Jackson Carman, Clemson: 6'5" 345

• Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa: 6'9" 321

• Abraham Lucas, Washington State: 6'7" 330

• Josh Ball, Marshall: 6'8" 350

4 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Hudson lol. But that's it.

True, Hudson is a stud but sadly we signed him 6 years ago.  That is beyond pathetic and our front office has and still is the laughing stock of the NFL. 

No respectable player would want to come to a team that kills players careers with a GM can't draft a stud if their live depended on it.