2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly.  Ill Miss Morrow but wish him luck And hope he gets paid well.  The chances of him returning are very small.

Good UDFA find.... nice to see him progress over the years. You think Littleton could play MLB and bring Morrow back for cheap... allow us to focus on DL in free agency 

37 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Are you talking about Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, the 6’2 216 “OLB” or Adetokunbo Ogundeji, DE.

JOK is way to small IMO to be consistently used as a rusher.  You use him on surprise blitzes and he can have success there.  

I was thinking about lining him up at SLB.  He is small but seems like he could play that role in a 4-3 under.

JOK is a luxury pick to me after my initial impulse of liking him a lot. LB is the least of our worries. Littleton and Kwit are entrenched starters. We spent a pick on Muse, could resign Morrow, and could even have something in Javin white. Not that I'm expecting much inherently from Muse or White, but if we resign one of Morrow/McMillan, we have a respectable LB group. Slot CB/FS are potential holes (even though I like Amik's long term upside), as is at least 1-2 DL spots. There are a LOT of good DL in the first round. Especially edge. There aren't any elite players, but a lot of good starters at edge. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

JOK is a luxury pick to me after my initial impulse of liking him a lot. LB is the least of our worries. Littleton and Kwit are entrenched starters. We spent a pick on Muse, could resign Morrow, and could even have something in Javin white. Not that I'm expecting much inherently from Muse or White, but if we resign one of Morrow/McMillan, we have a respectable LB group. Slot CB/FS are potential holes (even though I like Amik's long term upside), as is at least 1-2 DL spots. There are a LOT of good DL in the first round. Especially edge. There aren't any elite players, but a lot of good starters at edge. 

In a 4-3 under the SLB becomes a much more important position and we have nothing there.  Our SLB is now pretty much a 3-4 OLB.  Not saying we do not have more important issues but this is no were near a luxury pick now.

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

In a 4-3 under the SLB becomes a much more important position and we have nothing there.  Our SLB is now pretty much a 3-4 OLB.  Not saying we do not have more important issues but this is no were near a luxury pick now.

If we run a 4-3 under, we need an edge rushing SLB. Not an off the ball guy like JOK.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah, I'm not really sure where JOK fits in our defense unless he's starting over Littleton or Kwit but you have to have some hope that they both improve next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we run a 4-3 under, we need an edge rushing SLB. Not an off the ball guy like JOK.

I was under the impression that although he does not have the size but would still line up at DE sometimes for Notre Dame.  Perhaps I was mistaken.  Still need to invest in a SLB.  If we are trying to increase the pass rush and can find a 3T in the draft I am not against throwing some money at a top player that can play that position.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Collins is in interesting prospect, interested to see how he tests at the combine. Is he worth a top 20 pick though?

I know you thoroughly disagree with me about Azeez Ojulari, you think he’d a DE vs I think he’s a SAM plus 3rd down pass rusher (in our system)...

but once again.... I think he’d be a great fit as our SAM.  He has excellent bend and speed.  His knock as a pass rusher is he has only 1 move: the long straight arm and rip/swipe so playing him in space will allow him to get by initially on his athleticism more so than moves/technique.

AO seems to me to be a near perfect fit for our SAM.