2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Forget about signing him. Mark Davis won't sign a domestic batterer. What a punk *** ***** Sherman is.

Unless they are a coach, just did not know the woman they threatened to kill, or charged with molesting a woman with a golf club.

I am not taking Sherman's side of this either.  I was not interested in signing him before this.  Just pointing out that abuse towards woman is not a barrier to become a Raider.

Edited by drfrey13

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I bet those were signings by Gruden. Mark worships the ground he walks on, so he wouldn't object.

Cable was a Gruden signing and Incognito was a Cable signing.  You may be correct but it still shows a double standard.  I am sure there were no red flags when we looked into AB's past also.  Very easily could be a Gruden thing that Mark signs off on which is BS.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Cable was a Gruden signing and Incognito was a Cable signing.  You may be correct but it still shows a double standard.  I am sure there were no red flags when we looked into AB's past also.  Very easily could be a Gruden thing that Mark signs off on which is BS.  

Well Mark is very strict on domestic abuse cases towards Women, because Fred Belinkoffs daughter was killed from DV. 
So players like Ray Rice are clearly off the raiders Radar. 

Cable and Incognito, while we all know are no saints, I dont believe have been accused of of DV towards women. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Well Mark is very strict on domestic abuse cases towards Women, because Fred Belinkoffs daughter was killed from DV. 
So players like Ray Rice are clearly off the raiders Radar. 

Cable and Incognito, while we all know are no saints, I dont believe have been accused of of DV towards women. 

Cable was accused of abuse by multiple ex's and Ritchie was accused of molesting a woman at a golf tournament with a golf club.  I believe one of the people Incognito threatened to kill at the funeral home was a woman.  We could go into AB situation but no way of knowing if Gruden had any of the information before we traded for him.  Mark might be against it but Gruden is not on the same page as Mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

“On Richard Sherman: It’s standard practice to hold the suspect in a domestic violence case without bail until he appears before a judge. Per ESPN, Sherman allegedly tried to force his way into the home of a family member & fought with police when they arrived. No one was injured.”  It wasn’t his wife as some are saying. It was someone else in his family who called the cops (probably someone he’s been supporting) all this is standard procedure and being blown up because of who it is. “

Interesting I was curious about the burglary part

Why? (Honest question, because I could explain it if you're curious about what I think you're curious about). 

Also, apparently it's getting worse for Mr. Sherman. DUI and hit-and-run charges have been recommended. He definitely won't be playing this year...

50 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Cable was accused of abuse by multiple ex's and Ritchie was accused of molesting a woman at a golf tournament with a golf club.  I believe one of the people Incognito threatened to kill at the funeral home was a woman.  We could go into AB situation but no way of knowing if Gruden had any of the information before we traded for him.  Mark might be against it but Gruden is not on the same page as Mark.

oh man, I never heard of those, or forgot, probably didnt care cause it happened when they werent raiders. 
I am shocked they are Raiders then, unless we did a ton of our own investigations and found them to be completely innocent (which Id doubt).

• Like 1

Just now, BackinBlack said:

oh man, I never heard of those, or forgot, probably didnt care cause it happened when they werent raiders. 
I am shocked they are Raiders then, unless we did a ton of our own investigations and found them to be completely innocent (which Id doubt).

Probably did background checks the same way we did with AB.  I do not question Mark's feelings on the matter but everyone has a price.  Looks like Mark's is keeping Gruden happy.  This is one of the reasons why I am against Cable on the coaching staff.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Why? (Honest question, because I could explain it if you're curious about what I think you're curious about). 

Also, apparently it's getting worse for Mr. Sherman. DUI and hit-and-run charges have been recommended. He definitely won't be playing this year...

Usually don’t see dv with burglary? From reports I read he never even entered the house. I honestly thought he was smarter than this but we shall see.

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Usually don’t see dv with burglary? From reports I read he never even entered the house. I honestly thought he was smarter than this but we shall see.

It can be a fine line for burglary in most cases.  

Washington's burglary statute, like most, define burglary as entering the property of another with the intent to commit a crime against a person or property within. 

Here, the dv accusation is the factor that would be the intended crime. Usually it's a robbery or something akin that is the compounding factor. Otherwise, it would've probably been a trespassing case, which he'll probably try and get it reduced to, but there's an inference of intent plus the other stuff getting talked about. 

Either way, yeah, I'm pretty amazed by it. He's always been a trash talker, but the league also gave him a major platform for speaking about other issues. It definitely makes it a bad look for the league in that regard that one of their most recognizable advocates gets into this much trouble. Perception is important to the NFL, so I imagine he's probably unofficially blackballed ar the very least. 

51 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Probably did background checks the same way we did with AB.  I do not question Mark's feelings on the matter but everyone has a price.  Looks like Mark's is keeping Gruden happy.  This is one of the reasons why I am against Cable on the coaching staff.

Yep. There's no way to justify that one. Brown's problems were essentially public knowledge- at the very least what WAS public knowledge should have been a giant red flag.

Unfortunately, the league only seems to come down on guys who have shown to be on a downhill trajectory in terms of talent when it comes to these kinds of things.

52 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. There's no way to justify that one. Brown's problems were essentially public knowledge- at the very least what WAS public knowledge should have been a giant red flag.

Unfortunately, the league only seems to come down on guys who have shown to be on a downhill trajectory in terms of talent when it comes to these kinds of things.

The leagues punishment system is good in theory but they do a horrible job of enforcing it.  Burfict leads with his helmet and is gone for the year.  Incognito tries to cut off his dead dad's head and threatens to go to his car and get a gun to kill everyone gets 2 game suspension.  You can not use the history card here because Incognito also molested a woman with a golf club and the whole Martin situation in Miami was really bad.  The difference is Incognito made himself look bad and Burfict made the sport look dangerous.  If it was not for CTE Burfict would have received a fine and couple game suspension.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

It can be a fine line for burglary in most cases.  

Washington's burglary statute, like most, define burglary as entering the property of another with the intent to commit a crime against a person or property within. 

Here, the dv accusation is the factor that would be the intended crime. Usually it's a robbery or something akin that is the compounding factor. Otherwise, it would've probably been a trespassing case, which he'll probably try and get it reduced to, but there's an inference of intent plus the other stuff getting talked about. 

Either way, yeah, I'm pretty amazed by it. He's always been a trash talker, but the league also gave him a major platform for speaking about other issues. It definitely makes it a bad look for the league in that regard that one of their most recognizable advocates gets into this much trouble. Perception is important to the NFL, so I imagine he's probably unofficially blackballed ar the very least. 

What if it turns out that he actually owned the house? 

fwiw after seeing he get torched in the sb I didn’t want him esp since we play kc twice and I’m a Stanford homer.