2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, lester said:

Morrow had the best numbers last year ..and PFF voted him out best LBer...only thing Kwit did was mad some tackles 5 DAMN YARDS DOWN FIELD..look up how many tackles he had for loss it was a joke

Bradley's system requires LB's that can play fast, Kwit's a solid player but he's not the greatest athlete. 

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Perryman?  He played about 35% of the snaps and is slower than Kwiat.

So he was a backup rotational LB while Kenneth Murray and Kyzir White were the starters and played the majority of their defensive snaps like we'll likely see with Littleton/Morrow and Kwit rotating in. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Good money? Doubt it'd be a very big contract and Morrow is already hurt plus the staff doesn't seem to like Kwit in this scheme. How much does his cap hit really matter if it's a one year deal? Are we going to need it mid-season? 

Course the cap hit matters, we’ve only got $2.9m left.  Do you think Wright will sign for vet minimum? 

9 hours ago, Dessie said:

Course the cap hit matters, we’ve only got $2.9m left.  Do you think Wright will sign for vet minimum? 

There are a few players making $1 million plus that are not going to make the team.  Richard gives you the most space but there are a few others.  This is also a reason why the Thomas contract was so stupid.  Cutting Thomas and Richard would be more than enough money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Glad you have finally recognised that the cap hit matters. So do you think we can get Wright for the vet minimum? 

He made between $5M-$8M throughout his prime. If we gave him a $3.5M deal he'd be the 23rd highest paid LB in the league. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Glad you have finally recognised that the cap hit matters. So do you think we can get Wright for the vet minimum? 

if the raiders only had money in mind that he would flatly reject, i dont think he would have flown in to meet with them

Edited by Turnobili

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

@drfrey13thinks he will sign for a $1m?

No.  That is not what I said.  Next time why don't you quote what I said.

"Watch him settle for $1 million with us.  Every year there are a couple signings that you see and your first reaction is I would have given them that just so they would not play for that team.  Maybe Wright is that guy this year."

28 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

No.  That is not what I said.  Next time why don't you quote what I said.

"Watch him settle for $1 million with us.  Every year there are a couple signings that you see and your first reaction is I would have given them that just so they would not play for that team.  Maybe Wright is that guy this year."

What did I get wrong? I said you think he will sign for a $1m and your quote proves it? 

41 minutes ago, Dessie said:

What did I get wrong? I said you think he will sign for a $1m and your quote proves it? 

I did not say I think he would but rather there are a few signings every year that you wonder why they took such a small amount.  It is a long shot possibility and the statement was meant as we are in a position to maybe be the team that gets the steal of the offseason.  The range on what he gets is huge.  What I think he gets is $4-5 million a year for a year or two.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I did not say I think he would but rather there are a few signings every year that you wonder why they took such a small amount.  It is a long shot possibility and the statement was meant as we are in a position to maybe be the team that gets the steal of the offseason.  The range on what he gets is huge.  What I think he gets is $4-5 million a year for a year or two.

You literally said ‘watch him settle for $1m with us’ but whatever you’ve changed your mind now.  

Edited by Dessie

14 hours ago, Dessie said:

You literally said ‘watch him settle for $1m with us’ but whatever you’ve changed your mind now.  

I think he will and watch him are to very different statements.  I think he will means I believe there is a high probability.  Watch him sign with us for $1 million is a statement of we get very lucky and it is a long shot.  I could just as easily see us give him $8-10 million per year almost fully guaranteed as him taking a 1 yr $1 million contract.  What I believe he will get is a 2 year contract that pays $4-5 million per year.