2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think the better thing to do would be to start Richy and Simpson and then use Good as more of a universal backup at any line position other than center

Richie appears quite safely cemented as the starting LG. Good/Simpson look to be battling at RG more than anything. Cable recently referred to Simpson as the backup, so it seems like Good's job to lose as of right now, but there's still a lot of camp and preseason.

I would also agree that Good's experience and versatility would be better served as a reserve, while instead allowing Simpson to specialize at his one spot for now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Richie appears quite safely cemented as the starting LG. Good/Simpson look to be battling at RG more than anything. Cable recently referred to Simpson as the backup, so it seems like Good's job to lose as of right now, but there's still a lot of camp and preseason.

I would also agree that Good's experience and versatility would be better served as a reserve, while instead allowing Simpson to specialize at his one spot for now.

let's see if Richie body can hold up.. our two biggest risk starters I see: Richie, Jefferson

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

i dont really see Jefferson as a risk since we have McCoy as well... and will mix in Thomas/Ferrell inside anyway

his ceiling isn't high, and he didn't have a good 2020. He's okay, but prolly our worst starter on defense. If it was Madden, I would think he would be in the upper 60s, or no higher than low 70s with no potential to get better. 

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

his ceiling isn't high, and he didn't have a good 2020. He's okay, but prolly our worst starter on defense. If it was Madden, I would think he would be in the upper 60s, or no higher than low 70s with no potential to get better. 

You talking about Jefferson? If you are I strongly disagree.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

he provides a reasonable floor and has been a solid rotational piece. i dont think they have the same delusions with him as they did with maliek collins... i have much higher hopes for McCoy than I do Jefferson

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

he provides a reasonable floor and has been a solid rotational piece. i dont think they have the same delusions with him as they did with maliek collins... i have much higher hopes for McCoy than I do Jefferson

yeah I think McCoy will end up starting too, let's see if he can get up to speed over the course of a month. Jefferson is fine as a rotation player, but meh as a starter to me. Typical stop gap, DT was a major weakness because of the BOOBOO we be throwing at the postion the last few years

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 8/9/2021 at 3:56 PM, drfrey13 said:

When I see a QB get more than him that he is better than is when I will panic.  Goff, Wentz, and Cousing got low $30s.  I am a little concerned now.

When they signed their extensions Goff was 24, Wentz was 26, and Cousins was 31 but it was only a 2 year deal. Of the 10 QB's making over $30M per year, Carson Wentz is the only one that has never won a playoff game. 

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

could Richie be cut? I heard Simpson is a better player 

Who on earth is saying Simpson is better than Incognito right now?? Maybe in the future but my money is on the multiple Pro Bowler as we stand right now.

I've not heard anyone say Simpson is outperforming Incognito but I might have missed it..........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Who on earth is saying Simpson is better than Incognito right now?? Maybe in the future but my money is on the multiple Pro Bowler as we stand right now.

I've not heard anyone say Simpson is outperforming Incognito but I might have missed it..........

That's why I asked for a link. But I doubt there is one.

6 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

That's why I asked for a link. But I doubt there is one.

“We have a nice core group here, with Andre and Kolton and John Simpson and then you get Richie and Denzelle back so you’ve got a nice group to start working with, going forward. We hate losing those guys but that’s the NFL game — there’s always going to be transitions and cycles, so I am used to it. That’s part of the deal.

“I am excited about it because I think we have some quality people here.”

There is a three-man competition for the two starting guard spots, among Incognito, Simpson and Good. Simpson, a fourth-round pick a year ago, filled in and started two games last season, with the second one going a lot smoother than the first.

“Having all three of those guys is pretty cool,” Cable said. “They’re going to raise everybody up. John is going to push those two guys, and their knowledge and experience will help him. Once he has an offseason to develop his skill — and hopefully we get to do that this year — he’ll just take off.”