What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

• 2 weeks later...

Today i woke up to the horrible news that Oli Herbert was found dead at 44. Oli was a founding member of All That Remains and imo the greatest lead guitarist in the genre of metalcore. While my interest faded in recent years as ATR changed their sound, Oli was always the shining star of the band and his ability was undeniable. This Darkened Heart and the incredible album The Fall of Ideals(imo the greatest metalcore album ever made) are 2 of the best metalcore albums of all time and Oli predominantly wrote both of them. The Fall of Ideals lineup is one of the most talented lineups in modern metal history imo. Singer Phil Labonte was in his prime, guitarist Mike Martin(a student of Oli), drummer Shannon Lucas(of Black Dahlia Murder fame), and bassist Jeanne Segal(of The Acacia Strain). And Oli always outshined this star studded group.

Im happy to say i got to see Oli shred live 5 times in my life and even had the pleasure of meeting him in a Trivium moshpit where he commonly was found amongst his fans before and after ATR's sets. A metal legend gone far too soon. RIP Oli "The Wizard" Herbert.