What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

On 12/21/2020 at 6:27 PM, Outpost31 said:

I didn’t like those songs, then I was like, “Well...” then I was like, “No.”. Then I was like, “Well...” then I was like I don’t know if I liked them or didn’t.

9 out of 10 songs @Starless posts I dig to start and the instrumentals get me pumped....then the singer kicks in and does his rumbling/grumbling thing then I'm like ugggh... delete. But these 2 aren't bad at all. More melodic Tool like sounds to them. 

Just now, Shockwave said:

9 out of 10 songs @Starless posts I dig to start and the instrumentals get me pumped....then the singer kicks in and does his rumbling/grumbling thing then I'm like ugggh... delete. But these 2 aren't bad at all. More melodic Tool like sounds to them. 

Yeah, I used to eat that type of vocals up, but now I really like progressive metal with clean vocals.

Between the Buried and Me, Haken and The Human Abstract are the best at that.

Native Construct could have been amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I used to eat that type of vocals up, but now I really like progressive metal with clean vocals.

Hmmn never heard of them but I'll check them out. My gym mix is heavy on All That Remains, The Amity Affliction, As I lay Dying, Bring me the Horizon, Crown the Empire, Fire From the Gods,  Fit for a King, FFDP, Ghost, Halestorm, In this Moment, Light the Torch, Motionless in White, and Through Fire

• Like 1

Just now, Shockwave said:

Hmmn never heard of them but I'll check them out. My gym mix is heavy on All That Remains, The Amity Affliction, As I lay Dying, Bring me the Horizon, Crown the Empire, Fire From the Gods,  Fit for a King, FFDP, Ghost, Halestorm, In this Moment, Light the Torch, Motionless in White, and Through Fire

With As I Lay Dying, any song of theirs that has actual singing in it I like, but the rest I hate. 

Bring Me the Horizon I like well enough, but I also can't stand them. 

The rest I'm not a fan of. 

My gym mix is the bands I mentioned plus some of He Is Legend's more aggressive songs plus Project 86, Death Therapy, Haste the Day, Metallica and then all those terrible nu metal bands that are terrible music, but great for working out to (Distbured, Godsmack, etc). 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No love for Fates Warning? Katatonia? Psychotic Waltz? Arch/Matheos?

• Like 1

Just now, Starless said:

No love for Fates Warning? Katatonia? Psychotic Waltz? Arch/Matheos?

I haven't heard of any of these with the possible exception of Katatonia.  That one sounds familiar.

I'll check the rest of them out, but what I like about all the ones I mentioned is that grit in their voice and how they can go from like a show tune style to all out in one second. 

BTBAM's Voice of Trespass is the perfect song to describe what I love.