Malfatron

will it be a xmas miracle?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. what happens

• A Xmas miracle! A tie!
    • Capt Kirk > Pick-ard: vikings win
    • Lil Breezy > Cuz: Saints win

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay. That doesn't prove anything. According to pff, Henry is nearly halfway to that in less than 2 seasons. That's 149 games for lynch.   So 5600 in 127 for lynch, 2500 in 29 games for Henry 

*Edit*

Just saw it was from 2016. So 127  games for lynch

Yeah I really wanted to examine Lynch's 4-year stretch with Henry's current stretch to evaluate their stretches respectively, but PFR didn't track YAC during Lynch's career until 2018 :(

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I really wanted to examine Lynch's 4-year stretch with Henry's current stretch to evaluate their stretches respectively, but PFR didn't track YAC during Lynch's career until 2018 :(

Yeah, I really want them to update their advanced stats further back. Not sure if it's something they will do or not. It's awesome info

• Like 1

On the Lynch-Henry debate, I've never seen a HB harder to tackle than peak Lynch. Even on plays where he got stuffed, it was unbelievably hard to get the guy to the ground. I'm not old enough to have been able to appreciate guys like Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, etc. in their primes, so I'll limit it to the period of since 2000.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

On the Lynch-Henry debate, I've never seen a HB harder to tackle than peak Lynch. Even on plays where he got stuffed, it was unbelievably hard to get the guy to the ground. I'm not old enough to have been able to appreciate guys like Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, etc. in their primes, so I'll limit it to the period of since 2000.

Yeah, I am not old enough for Earl either, so I can't really judge. Lynch and Henry are probably the highest on the totem pole for me, just lean towards the latter

12 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Just saw the box score. What the hell happened to Brees? 

One pick was a bad drop by Sanders, he basically baby cradled it right to Harris and Brees could’ve had a 4-5 TD and probably but they decided to just feed Kamara inside the ten haha

Edited by MookieMonstah

13 minutes ago, Chargers said:

The Saints put up 250+ yards rushing.   Brees was late on a couple of throws.   He's really declining but they didn't need to lean on him today.  It's nothing new TBH.

Edited by Broncofan

23 minutes ago, Chargers said:

The saints only wanted running backs to score touchdowns

Honestly they just didn't need him much and he made a few bad throws, that's all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

That one play is no doubt nice, and more emblematic on a single play basis than anything we associate Henry with, but over the long haul, I do believe Henry was more ferocious in this regard than lynch. Basically, single play peak, lynch >>>>> Henry, but I'll take the latter in anything longer

The single play peak, hahaha!! I love that. Let's now add that as another way to compare players. There's entire careers, there's peak career seasons, and now there is single play peak. "Sure maybe Brett Favre is the best Packers quarterback ever, but single play peak?? I'll take Lynn Dickey, Don Majkowski, and THEN Favre."

• Like 1

Oh, and I don't think saying Henry is a better runner/harder to tackle than Lynch is ridiculous. Not sure I have strong feelings one way or another, and a convincing highlight reel of either could be made. I will say I think the Beastquake made him a tad overrated, like OBJ's one-hander his rookie year. I mean sure, as an SPP -- sorry, "Single Play Peak" -- it's pretty impressive, but I think it caused people to kinda overrate his whole body of work.

EDIT - Oh, and his nickname is frickin' Beastmode, which is totally awesome, but probably elevated him too.

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 1