Saturday GDT: Detroit vs Tampa Bay

Malfatron

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and Watson are what I call the "Elite Four". Or perhaps the "Four Horsemen". But #5 to #11 or so, is a mix of guys that can be completely changed and debated. For example, Allen has only been great one season. Allen is a Top 10 QB for me no question, but I wouldn't dare put him #5 after one great season.

I have this urge to talk mad ish to you about your QB opinions. You still think Wentz is god and Dak is the worst QB in the NFL?

Allen is prob top 5 this year. Who knows if he can sustain it tho. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I have this urge to talk mad ish to you about your QB opinions. You still think Wentz is god and Dak is the worst QB in the NFL?

Allen is prob top 5 this year. Who knows if he can sustain it tho. 

Would like to see Wentz on a new team. He been poo poo for sure. Weird because his MVP year he looked like a Top 5 QB, 2018 he looked good, 2019 he looked average, and this year he looked terrible. Steady regression. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Would like to see Wentz on a new team. He been poo poo for sure. Weird because his MVP year he looked like a Top 5 QB, 2018 he looked good, 2019 he looked average, and this year he looked terrible. Steady regression. 

That final stretch in 2019 gave us a little hope. Clearly hasn’t transitioned here but I have to think the deterioration of his OL hasn’t helped at all.

5 hours ago, JohnCena said:

If Rodgers or Mahomes had this performance in the whole game let alone the first half, people would be going crazy, yet everyone will say for Brady it's just the Lions lmao. He's 43 and doing this without breaking a sweat, for as bad as Detroit's been I didn't see anyone else light em up like this. THE GOAT playoff Brady has risen, watch out and keep doubting on the goat like always. 

Because Brady is just a product of Arians offense and only looked good because they play in a bad division conference. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

In all seriousness though, there is some merit to those questioning the legitimacy  of beating a Lions team who were missing practically their entire staff. 

There are a lot of QB performances we can put under a microscope this year though. It just seems it only applies to Brady. He’s a legit MVP contender and looks like usual Tom Brady. 

Watch him make the SB while looking good every game, and everyone is like “Whoaaaa Brady is still Brady!” and be massively late to the party.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There are a lot of QB performances we can put under a microscope this year though. It just seems it only applies to Brady. He’s a legit MVP contender and looks like usual Tom Brady. 

Watch him make the SB while looking good every game, and everyone is like “Whoaaaa Brady is still Brady!” and be massively late to the party.

I agree. That's usually how it works around here.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he made the SB.  People overreacted last season (and even at the start of this season, as per usual) and claimed he was washed up but I don't think they realize just how bad his OL and pass targets were last year. 

My NFC SB chances:  Saints, Bucs, Rams, Hawks, and GB in that order.  The Bucs are one of the few complete teams in the league right now (Off/Def wise anyhow, scared for STs tho) that also have playoff experience at key positions, along with the Saints and Rams.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Alot of teams can say that though. Even the Saints and Rams. I just think they're much closer than most which separates them apart from the rest IMO. 

I don't think any teams have the variance we have this year. Even half to half.

60 yards in the first half last week against the Falcons. 350 this week vs Detroit.

Blow out the Packers, lose to the Bears.

We're a mystery. 

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't think any teams have the variance we have this year. Even half to half.

60 yards in the first half last week against the Falcons. 350 this week vs Detroit.

Blow out the Packers, lose to the Bears.

We're a mystery. 

You can tell there are times where they're just not in sync. WRs run outs not slants, protections breaking down, RBs missing blitz pick-up....people just not being where they are expected to be. Combine that with a 43 year old QB and an occasionally vulnerable interior line and you have a recipe for a hit a miss team. I don't think any team missed their training camp/pre-season more than TB.