Saturday GDT: Detroit vs Tampa Bay

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Figured Tampa would cover big here. 

1) Detroit has looked like the third worst team in the NFL lately. Even with 5 wins. 

2) Tampa is super good, and all of their losses have been likely playoff teams. 

3) Detroit was without almost all of their top coaching staff

When Tampa doesn’t play at night they’ve been a dominant team.

If Rodgers or Mahomes had this performance in the whole game let alone the first half, people would be going crazy, yet everyone will say for Brady it's just the Lions lmao. He's 43 and doing this without breaking a sweat, for as bad as Detroit's been I didn't see anyone else light em up like this. THE GOAT playoff Brady has risen, watch out and keep doubting on the goat like always. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

If Rodgers or Mahomes had this performance in the whole game let alone the first half, people would be going crazy, yet everyone will say for Brady it's just the Lions lmao. He's 43 and doing this without breaking a sweat, for as bad as Detroit's been I didn't see anyone else light em up like this. THE GOAT playoff Brady has risen, watch out and keep doubting on the goat like always. 

It's even funnier when you realize that this is statistically best performance for a first half in a game since 2009 when Brady did something similar to the Titans and you have to go back to 1991 to find something similar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Someone should tell Steve Smith to sit down and watch the Green Bay - Tampa Bay tape.

Tampa lost badly to the Saints twice. The first game was the "Hi, guys. I'm Tom Brady" game in week 1.

The other 3 losses were to 3 possible playoff teams  by 1, 3, and 3 points.

They beat the Packers by 28.

He's a HoF / HoVG WR and an idiot on TV.

The Bears loss is the only horrible one because if the O-Line even plays average that's an easy win. As for the first game against the Saints you already mentioned that was Tom's first game on a brand new team after 20 years with no offseason or preseason against a teams that been basically the same for 4-5 years, and they still only lost by 11. Then the Rams game the wheels just fell off the offense in the second half, and if the defense doesn't play atrocious against the Chiefs getting down 17 in the first quarter they probably win that game, Brady was cookin from that final drive in the first half onwards. As for the second game against the Saints the team got down early and they just gave up after the first quarter, I don't see the Saints having a game like that against anyone again, we've seen there defense get exposed in the past 3 games, and that was one of the worst games ever called. The Bucs O-Line has also played much better since the bye. 

I'm not saying the Bucs should have won all those games but people are acting as if all those losses to playoff bound teams were blowouts the only bad loss was the Saints game it happens you move on, but then at the same time the Bucs also had that game against at the time what was believed to be the best or second best team in the league the Packers, but no one wants to talk about that anymore. 

This guy Steve Smith said the Bucs - a Brady led team - is gonna get blown out the playoffs. LMAO yeah right they play the NFC East winner in the Wildcard game if they beat the Falcons next week, yeah Tom Brady's gonna get blown out right away by Washington or some team under .500. This guy just like Shannon Sharpe is so stupid, Shannon Sharpe is even worse the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen in my life, Brady can do the same thing as Lebron, and he'll criticize Brady for it yet sing Lebron's praises smh. 

Just now, lancerman said:

It's even funnier when you realize that this is statistically best performance for a first half in a game since 2009 when Brady did something similar to the Titans and you have to go back to 1991 to find something similar. 

Yet Patrick Mahomes is already better than Brady - Delusional Chiefs fans. 

I really don't get why people underrate Brady's "talent" Brady's arm talent is just as good as Aaron Rodgers, it just so happens Brady cares about winning much more and not looking flashy or anything. I still can't believe this guy Tony Dungy said Tom's the 6th best QB of all time, lmao that's not even a point you can debate at this point Tony, I lost all respect for that dude. Brady has shown this season his arm strength at 43 is just as good as Aaron Rodgers at 37.

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

BREAKING NEWS 

Tom Brady throws his 577th TD pass, moving him 9 TDs ahead of Drew Brees.

With 348 yards passing he moves within 1352 yards of Brees for most passing yards. (+37 so far this week) (+1493 so far this year)

Well I think he now solidly has the TD record  until and Brees pretty much needs to play as long as Brady is active to have any shot of keeping the yardage record. In fact to be very blunt the TD record went pretty quickly from Farve to Manning to Brees after Marino had a good decade with it. That said, I think that Rodgers is probably the only threat to Brady on that front and he is likely going to need to play 5 years after Brady retires and average 35 TD's a season going to accomplish that and I'm not sure he will have 5 full years post Brady in him (he was drafted in 05, if Brady retired today, Rodgers would need to play into his 20th season, and Brady isn't retiring this year). So most likely you won't see anyone really challenge it until like 15 years from now if Mahomes keeps pace. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Yet Patrick Mahomes is already better than Brady - Delusional Chiefs fans. 

I really don't get why people underrate Brady's "talent" Brady's arm talent is just as good as Aaron Rodgers, it just so happens Brady cares about winning much more and not looking flashy or anything. I still can't believe this guy Tony Dungy said Tom's the 6th best QB of all time, lmao that's not even a point you can debate at this point Tony, I lost all respect for that dude. Brady has shown this season his arm strength at 43 is just as good as Aaron Rodgers at 37.

It's always been something. When he was winning 3 SB's in 4 years he was being called a fluke. When he was putting up monster stats and winning MVP's in 2007-2011 people were on his back because he didn't win a ring in x many years and called him a cheater. Then from 2013 on people have been calling him washed every year when he has a bad game. People have been dying to crown whoever was his closest rival at whatever time. 

Dungy on the otherhand has always been a hypocrite so I don't really care what he says. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

It's always been something. When he was winning 3 SB's in 4 years he was being called a fluke. When he was putting up monster stats and winning MVP's in 2007-2011 people were on his back because he didn't win a ring in x many years and called him a cheater. Then from 2013 on people have been calling him washed every year when he has a bad game. People have been dying to crown whoever was his closest rival at whatever time. 

Dungy on the otherhand has always been a hypocrite so I don't really care what he says. 

Forreal man he's still a top 3 QB in the league at 43, just think about that and this is his first time in 20 years being with a new team and everything. He's clearly the GOAT I can't even believe some people still think they can debate that point, I would say #7 would shut people up once and for all but then it'll be "oh he had a super team" Like Mahomes doesn't with all those weapons lets see Mahomes play with Wes Welker or Edelman as his #1 receiver. 

He has that LeBron trait where he essentially just never seems to regress. It's absolutely ridiculous that he is 43 and still an elite/star QB.

Most touchdowns in history.

Second in passing yards in history but will almost certainly take that spot if he plays next year.

Most games won in both regular season and post season history.

Most championships won

I really don't even know how someone could make an argument that he isn't the unanimous GOAT

22 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Forreal man he's still a top 3 QB in the league at 43, just think about that and this is his first time in 20 years being with a new team and everything. He's clearly the GOAT I can't even believe some people still think they can debate that point, I would say #7 would shut people up once and for all but then it'll be "oh he had a super team" Like Mahomes doesn't with all those weapons lets see Mahomes play with Wes Welker or Edelman as his #1 receiver. 

While he is definitely the GOAT, he is not a top 3 QB anymore.  Mahomes, Rodgers, and Josh Allen are all unquestionably better this year and I could add to that list easily.

26 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

No he isn't . Not even sure he is top 10 right now. I'd probably have him top 10.. maybe! No chance top 3 

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

While he is definitely the GOAT, he is not a top 3 QB anymore.  Mahomes, Rodgers, and Josh Allen are all unquestionably better this year and I could add to that list easily.

I think Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and Watson are what I call the "Elite Four". Or perhaps the "Four Horsemen". But #5 to #11 or so, is a mix of guys that can be completely changed and debated. For example, Allen has only been great one season. Allen is a Top 10 QB for me no question, but I wouldn't dare put him #5 after one great season.

4 hours ago, JohnCena said:

The Bears loss is the only horrible one because if the O-Line even plays average that's an easy win. As for the first game against the Saints you already mentioned that was Tom's first game on a brand new team after 20 years with no offseason or preseason against a teams that been basically the same for 4-5 years, and they still only lost by 11. Then the Rams game the wheels just fell off the offense in the second half, and if the defense doesn't play atrocious against the Chiefs getting down 17 in the first quarter they probably win that game, Brady was cookin from that final drive in the first half onwards. As for the second game against the Saints the team got down early and they just gave up after the first quarter, I don't see the Saints having a game like that against anyone again, we've seen there defense get exposed in the past 3 games, and that was one of the worst games ever called. The Bucs O-Line has also played much better since the bye. 

I'm not saying the Bucs should have won all those games but people are acting as if all those losses to playoff bound teams were blowouts the only bad loss was the Saints game it happens you move on, but then at the same time the Bucs also had that game against at the time what was believed to be the best or second best team in the league the Packers, but no one wants to talk about that anymore. 

This guy Steve Smith said the Bucs - a Brady led team - is gonna get blown out the playoffs. LMAO yeah right they play the NFC East winner in the Wildcard game if they beat the Falcons next week, yeah Tom Brady's gonna get blown out right away by Washington or some team under .500. This guy just like Shannon Sharpe is so stupid, Shannon Sharpe is even worse the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen in my life, Brady can do the same thing as Lebron, and he'll criticize Brady for it yet sing Lebron's praises smh. 

Bonus points, this Steve Smith fool probably has no clue that they have a really strong shot at playing the NFC East champ.

DC, Philly, or New York is going to blow out Tampa? That's some next level stupid analysis.

• Like 1