GDT: Cardinals vs Niners

Malfatron

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

The NFC’s seventh seed does not belong whether it is Chicago or Arizona. The Cardinals have been awful in the second half of the season and the Bears are 7-7 because they have won a bunch of close games against bad teams.

Would it be so bad to give one of the NFC wildcards to the AFC? :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

The NFC’s seventh seed does not belong whether it is Chicago or Arizona. The Cardinals have been awful in the second half of the season and the Bears are 7-7 because they have won a bunch of close games against bad teams.

I have no issue with Chicago getting it if they win out, and look strong five games in a row.

If the 7th seed ends up 8-8, yes I would agree, they shouldn't be there.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I have no issue with Chicago getting it if they win out, and look strong five games in a row.

If the 7th seed ends up 8-8, yes I would agree, they shouldn't be there.

Get used to it because we're going to be seeing it almost every year now.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, it would have to be a 3 way tie for the Rams to miss. Chicago needs to win out.

What's the tiebreaker that would boot the Rams? I'm trying to understand it.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The 49ers have now defeated the Rams for the third time this season. They would of clinched a playoff spot with a Cardinal win.

Now Rams could miss the playoffs if the Bears win out, Rams lose to Seattle, and Cardinals beat the Rams in Week 17.

I think the Rams still make it in, and will beat Arizona the final week, but San Francisco has put another thorn into their side.

The Rams will take care of business.

3 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

What made you change your stance??    is it that his D is still playing well with all the missing pieces or something else?

First two years wheren't great for the whole team and the defense was no exeption. Then last year we had so much more talent en where great but big question was if that was Saleh or just finally having more talent than the opposition. What he has done this year without almost any edge pressure and missing key pieces elsewhere every single week and being absolutely lights out most of the time.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:
27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, it would have to be a 3 way tie for the Rams to miss. Chicago needs to win out.

Division ranking. The Cards and Bears would both be 2nd place in their divisions while the Rams would be 3rd place.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams will take care of business.

A really dumb rule, Division Ranking or Division Record. Forget which one. That’s the first for Wildcard Tie Breakers if 3 or more teams. Then it goes to Conference Record, and if those two don’t decide it, then it’s Record of Common Opponents. 

I don’t think division should play any role in a wildcard selection, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Division ranking occurs first (a team 3rd in the division cannot make it over a team 2nd in the division).

If Rams lose out, Cardinals win out, and Bears win out, Cardinals would be 2nd in the division, over the Rams. However, the Cardinals lost the H2H tiebreaker versus the Bears, so the Bears would get in as the 2nd wildcard over the Cardinals, then the Cardinals themselves as the 3rd wildcard. Due to the Cardinals finishing ahead of the Rams in the division, their tiebreakers to the Bears would not matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Division ranking occurs first (a team 3rd in the division cannot make it over a team 2nd in the division).

If Rams lose out, Cardinals win out, and Bears win out, Cardinals would be 2nd in the division, over the Rams. However, the Cardinals lost the H2H tiebreaker versus the Bears, so the Bears would get in as the 2nd wildcard over the Cardinals, then the Cardinals themselves as the 3rd wildcard. Due to the Cardinals finishing ahead of the Rams in the division, their tiebreakers to the Bears would not matter.

That's an unbelievably dumb rule. This same division stupidity is what's going to allow a below .500 NFCE team into the playoffs. They really need to rethink how this works.