Who should the Dolphins start if they make the playoffs?

Apparition

who should be QB1 for Miami in the playoffs?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. who should be QB1 for Miami in the playoffs?

• Tua
    • Fitz

This is looking more likely than not now, and the question bears asking, because Tua appears to have hit a rookie wall. Pulling the kid out of the fire at this point might not be great for his confidence. But the team is good enough to at least advance past the WC round with good QB play. 

On the other hand, Fitzmagic tends to run out of mana at inopportune times, and they have the exact same amount of playoff experience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This season is already basically a magic season for Miami, you might as well roll with Tua and get him that experience. Nobody cares how good or bad he does.

Agreed. He’s the QB of the future. Better to at least let him get his feet wet. What’s the worst that can happen, he’s trash and people clamor for him to be benched, only he actually IS benched... only it’s not a big deal because it would have been the pattern all year and old hat come playoff time.

Best case scenario though is Tua catching fire and it all works out regardless. At the beginning of last year they were considered the least talented team in the league and tanking, this season they’re going to go 11-5 and make the playoffs... they’re absolutely playing with house money right now.

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

At the beginning of last year they were considered the least talented team in the league and tanking, this season they’re going to go 11-5 and make the playoffs... they’re absolutely playing with house money right now.

And still have a million picks.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

And still have a million picks.

Hadn’t even considered that. I swear though, with how little talent they have on offense, no way, I’m picking defense in the first 3 rounds. I’ll trust Flores can put a competent defense out there with anything you give him, but that offense needs a SERIOUS injection of playmakers. I’m going Kyle Pitts and then someone like Rondale Moore or Rashod Bateman with the second pick.

EDIT: Outside of something of absolute ridiculous value of course, but if its even close, I’m going offense.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, for one night he did. We also know Fitz is fully capable of looking so much worse than tua too. 

Actually, it was the same story @ DEN.    Tua was just downright awful.  The only difference was Fitzmagic got picked in the EZ with 20 secs to go, otherwise it's a tie game.

Fitzmagic playing opens up the entire pass game when Parker is healthy.  Without him, the pass game is very much limited to short crossers and the odd improvisation.   

Long-term, there's no doubt Tua is the guy.    But right now, Fitz actually gives them the best chance to win.   Tua's lack of offseason workouts with the team, no preseason, it's all understandable - but it's pretty stark how limited the O is with present-form Tua in there.    With a full offseason under his belt, time to develop chemistry with Parker & Gesicki, Tua could match/surpass what Fitz brings in week 1 2021.  He just doesn't come that close right now.

I get the reasons to get Tua in there - but IMO it's the long game argument alone.  The here-and-now, it's Fitzmagic.   And this is coming from a guy who saw no future with sticking with him in TAM in 2018 over Winston.    It's just Fitzmagic in MIA is a different beast than past versions - still not a long-term option, but a reimagined different version that I'm used to seeing.   If ppl want to say that Fitz can come in cold, but Tua can't...sure - but then the hook has got to come a LOT faster than it did tonight (or vs. DEN).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Actually, it was the same story @ DEN.    Tua was just downright awful.  The only difference was Fitzmagic got picked in the EZ with 20 secs to go, otherwise it's a tie game.

Yes, on any given night fitz can be way up or way down. Some nights, he absolutely won't give them the best chance. That's what fitzy is